Vaishakhi Cruise

harpchahal

A CALL TO SIKH YOUTH

In recent years Southall and Handsworth, amongst other

areas, have become places where `Sikh' youth have

gathered to celebrate Vaisakhi. At some point over the

years it became `acceptable' to partake in very

anti-sikh activities on such an auspicious occasion.

Drinking and smoking whilst waving a Nishan Sahib have

become commonplace. Such activities, are totally

against the fundamental principles of Sikhi.

This is an appeal to all Sikhs whether they be

amritdhari, turbaned or non turbaned, to consider the

implications of what they are doing.

Many non-Sikhs now attend Southall because Vaisakhi

has become a type of street carnival. Our sacred

Khanda is worn by many non-Sikhs whilst they openly

smoke, drink, ridicule and harass our sisters. They

adorn their cars with our Khanda and taunt young

girls, however, they go unnoticed because our brothers

are doing the same! The non-Sikhs attending the

`celebrations' are aware that their actions are

detrimental to Sikhism, so why do we as Sikhs not

realise the magnitude of our actions?

We should be stopping non-Sikhs from making a mockery

of Vaisakhi rather than doing the same ourselves.

Our religion is so rich - let us not forget that and

give it the respect that it deserves for today,

Vaisakhi and always.

In short, this is a plea to all Sikh brothers and

sisters to refrain from drinking, smoking and dancing

in the streets at Vaisakhi. For at least one day a

year lets stand together and actually stand up against

non-Sikhs who infiltrate us on such days and make a

mockery of our history and religion.

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL SIKHS.

Southall is in England. English law applies. You can't stop anyone smoking and holding a nishan sahib if they want to. Don't set yourself up as a religious policeman (your post walks a thin line). You don't have to like it. You have to live with it or face the consequences.

You want to stop people dancing too??

If you respond to strangers as if they're a part of an "infiltration" you will invite trouble. Try it and see!

BTW, your post is evidence of your own fanaticism. I would like to see you try to make the atmosphere at such events as oppressive as you have indicated. There is a heavy police presence at vaisakhi, thank waheguru.

Southall is in England. English law applies. You can't stop anyone smoking and holding a nishan sahib if they want to.

I dare you, if you can say this to the face of Gursikh (Sikh Of Guru) ..whatch what happens?

In house of Guru Nanak only Nirankar laws apply- Since Dharam is created and protected by Nirankar... Nirankar will manifest himself as Dharatma Yudha and kick your &&^^#2n and piss on your dead skull.

When Malech arises in this world then world also see avtars, yodhas to balance shyte out.

I dare you, if you can say this to the face of Gursikh (Sikh Of Guru) ..whatch what happens?

In house of Guru Nanak only Nirankar laws apply- Since Dharam is created and protected by Nirankar... Nirankar will manifest himself as Dharatma Yudha and kick your &&^^#2n and piss on your dead skull.

When Malech arises in this world then world also see avtars, yodhas to balance shyte out.

First of all it's no problem at all. I can say whatever I want in this country. What's more, if I wanted to (and I don't) I'm free to smoke and wave a nishan sahib at the same time. It's not illegal, and you're not a lawmaker nor law-enforcer.

Secondly your use of threats and obscenity doesn't even warrant a reply at all. You sound like a terrorist.

Thirdly you are not an avtar.

Fourthly if you want to persist down this road I suggest you diligently observe your shastar vidiya training. Simply assuming you are superior could be your biggest mistake.

Let me know if you're in any more doubt about individuals' rights in the western world.

bruce lung how the hell has his post anyway a fanaticism type post? he is complete correct in what he said happens.

i find it sad that these so called sikhs need to be told to stop doing such things, it gets worse the more years it goes on, they need to educate themselfs. Idiots!

Hardeep as evidenced by Neo's impotent reactionary rage there are certain realities which we all have to face. They're based on the fact that we have to follow laws. One of them is the fact that we cannot dictate to people how to behave, and the other is that when we try to impress our religious views on others there are consequences.

Try what exactly?? I'm not going to have anything to do with cigaretters. Be specific about what you're suggesting. Furthermore the "Gursikhs" you're referring to, like you, are'nt as hard as they think. They encountered a lot of resistance the last time in Southall, where guns and knives were pulled. They could'nt do anything.

Also, how is this not a threat:

"In house of Guru Nanak only Nirankar laws apply- Since Dharam is created and protected by Nirankar... Nirankar will manifest himself as Dharatma Yudha and kick your &&^^#2n and piss on your dead skull."

Who's going to piss on my dead skull? I want to see this man.

It sure won't be you, canada boy.

Out of respect for Guruji, I wouldn't dream of desecrating the gurdwara the way those guys did the last time. however, your language has offended me. do you ever come to the uk?

The Formless One will manifest himself as a righteous fighter and viciously murder someone who points out the law??

Neo you are a joke and you're unfit to moderate this forum.

altogether now: breath in and out!.. let us all take a step back and return with clear thougts..

Bruce Lung has made some very excellent points, whether anyone else would like to admit it...

if u dont want someone to smoke with a nishaan sahib you cant make them, without risking the consequences of ur actions, eg Police/Law... a very good point! (NOTE: Bruce did NOT say it was RIGHT, but said it was within their RIGHTS!)

however, n30 has made an equally good representation on this case. In more friendly words... the consequences that u receive from the material world can be outweighed by the rewards of the spirit world..

Remember: you are both brothers no need for hostilities.. there is a need to be able to "agree to disagree" so that we are able to move forward TOGETHER!

both good points (I hope that this is wot u were both trying to say)... and undoubtedly will need contemplation....