Vaisakhi Cruise number 2

asikhstudent

This is a quote from a message left by Harpachahal

"Drinking and smoking whilst waving a Nishan Sahib have

become commonplace. Such activities, are totally

against the fundamental principles of Sikhi.

This is an appeal to all Sikhs whether they be

amritdhari, turbaned or non turbaned, to consider the

implications of what they are doing. "

I just wanna say that i think that he is 100 percent right.

The broadway is terrible sight these days because boys go there just to pick up girls and girls go there just to be picked up.

It is an absolute mockery to say that nothing should be done to curtail this madness.

Yes, we live in a liberal society, and people who drink and smoke whilst waving the Nishan Sahib of our Guru are not breaking the law of the land; BUT that does not mean that their actions are not breaking the law, a higher law i might add, of our Gurus.

Bruce Lung, i respect what you are saying, people shouldn't impress there ways on others, people should have the right of freedom of expression, but you are taking things a bit too far in my humble opinion in saying that just because such individuals are not breaking the law, they should not be stopped.

Thinking point:

What about our Gurus and Their rights? Do They not have the right to be defended from disrespect by Their humble, unworthy disciples?

Gur Fateh

you can always talk to me about it. you know me. you could even ask for my help in this action, and i would give it.

don't get upset over the internet. it's just a place for bored people to have a bit of a verbal scrap.

EDIT: and if you detect any trace of annoyance perhaps it might be because i knew about things almost from day 1.

asikhstudent wrote: "i know who you are"

i was intrigued by this. not that i am hiding anything, but how could he possibly know?? i gave him the benefit of the doubt and took him at his word. you're inviting someone else to "share something" about me. not very trusting, when whatever it is you want to know you can ask me yourself.

in fact, it even seems a bit hostile.

We had trouble makers in the past which caused major rackus in this site.

So as a moderator, we need to know if there is any hidden agenda people have.

Remember this site is privledge not a RIGHT.!!!!!!!!

"Southall is in England. English law applies. You can't stop anyone smoking and holding a nishan sahib if they want to. Don't set yourself up as a religious policeman (your post walks a thin line). You don't have to like it. You have to live with it or face the consequences. "

a quote from bruce lung.

veer ji it is my right to call someone's mum a '(mod-cut)' ....is it not??

it also isn't really against the law.

but i wouldn't do it.......simply out of RESPECT.

sorry...don't mean to cause offence.

harpreet kaur chahal

p.s any of my brothers wanna borrow my churian (bangles) for this vaisakhi??

lets not defend what is wrong.

lets not stop or criticise people from trying to stop wrong.

Bruce Lung you seem to have an agenda to undermine Sikhi anyway possible on these forums.

Of course every Sikh or any person for that matter can stop the disrespect/blasphemy of their religion. It is their God given right no matter what country or place they are.

"Drinking and smoking whilst waving a Nishan Sahib have

become commonplace. Such activities, are totally

against the fundamental principles of Sikhi.

This is an appeal to all Sikhs whether they be

amritdhari, turbaned or non turbaned, to consider the

implications of what they are doing. "

This is a really valid point

"Southall is in England. English law applies. You can't stop anyone smoking and holding a nishan sahib if they want to. Don't set yourself up as a religious policeman (your post walks a thin line). You don't have to like it. You have to live with it or face the consequences. "

a quote from bruce lung.

veer ji it is my right to call someone's mum a '(mod-cut)' ....is it not??

it also isn't really against the law.

but i wouldn't do it.......simply out of RESPECT.

sorry...don't mean to cause offence.

there's no point acting like some great hero online here when clearly you're not, as evidenced by your use of language.

if you'd even bothered reading my posts in this thread you would see that i offered to help with any "action" my sikh brother has planned.

as it happens, you can cuss away all you like. the law is the law. if you don't anticipate those guys who are doing beadbi citing the law as it suits them then you're pretty useless, and you should stay out of this for your own safety.

now, tell me what you didn't want me to take offense at?

actually, don't bother because i don't care. if my alleged acquaintance wants some help with whatever's going down then pm me. i'm done with this thread.