THE WORD IS GOD

Mystical

hmm The comparison you have used is in terms Bani = Word does not completly sit with me. The Word is God statement to me implies the unstruck sound of Omm, a Dhuni, Naad. The Sound from which the world was created. I guess one could say it is Bani, but bani to me is uttered words/shabads of the Guru. Unless in the Guru hai Bani, you takes upon the term Guru synonymous to God then it doesn't really matter. God/Guru's Word was in the beginning and God/Guru is the Word.

but then again i can't seem to find a distinct difference, i guess it all depends at the definition of Bani and Naad one takes. :dunno:

lol sorry if i confused u

• 2 years later...

THE WORD IS GOD

JOHN 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is sort of the same as saying Bani Hai Guru, Guru Hai Bani: Word is the Guru, Guru is the word.

The divine knowledge alone can be the proof of the God as per Veda. The exceptional quality of the divine knowledge (Prajnanam) is the spontaneous proof. You can experience the available highest quality of the knowledge and there is no need of any testing procedure for that. How are you selecting the Miss. World? You are experiencing the spontaneous beauty directly and there is no need of instruments to test the beauty. You are selecting the top most beauty in the available competition. If you say that some higher beauty may exist somewhere and some time in this world, the result of the competition can never be declared.

Only ugly sadists may tell like that. Gita says that the possessor of such top most knowledge that can give the most perfect guidance to the souls is God Himself (Jnanitvatmaiva…). The importance of Divine knowledge is only due to the importance of correct guidance in the spiritual path. For this the exhibition of miracle is not required. The exhibition of super power through the miracle is needed only for the low level atheists and to punish the low level devils. When a Police Officer is invited to address the college, he goes in normal civil dress. When he has to deal with criminals, he will be in the Police uniform. Even there, he will send his subordinates in the uniform to deal with the criminals. But he will not send his subordinates in uniform to address the college.

Similarly God comes to preach the Divine knowledge and sends His subordinates to exhibit miracles. Since majority is in the lower strata, the miracles have to be exhibited widely. Hence God gives the Super powers even to devils. The miracles include even the miraculous experiences in the life of any one, which prove the existence of unimaginable God.

Miracles and knowledge are the two requirements of people here in lower and higher levels respectively. Generally God meets directly the requirement of higher level. The liberated souls who are the servants of God generally meet the requirement of lower level.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org

Universal Spirituality for World Peace

antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org