Making it clear we are Sikhs (not Muslims)

SinghMunda

Does anyone know of where to get T-shirts or tops that us sikhs outside of India can wear , saying something like 'Proud to be Sikh' or soemthing like this, due to the growing crap that muslims are going to have to put up with, and the resultant effects it has on westerners who don't really know the difference between us and muslims?

here is a leaflet/poster for similar use. sorry it wouldn't let me attach it.

IGNORANCE CAN KILL

In the wake of the tragic events of 07/07 there have been numerous reports of violent ‘reprisals’ against ethnic minorities throughout the UK. One group that has been consistently singled out as a target for this ‘backlash’ is the Sikh community. Unfortunately, due to the fact that many Sikhs wear a turban and keep a beard, they have been MISTAKEN for Muslims and have been SPAT ON IN THE STREETS, VERBALLY AND PHYSICALLY ABUSED, THEIR PLACES OF WORSHIP DESECRATED AND ATTEMPTS MADE ON THEIR LIVES.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT KNOW;

SIKHISM IS AN INDEPENDENT, PEACEFUL AND PROGRESSIVE RELIGION WHICH BELIEVES IN THE BROTHERHOOD OF HUMANKIND.

SIKHISM HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINK TO ISLAM.

SIKHS WHOLEHEARTEDLEY CONDEMN THE ACTIONS OF TERRORISTS ON 07/07 AND ANY OTHER KIND OF TERRORISM.

OVER 2.5 MILLION SIKH SOLDIERS FOUGHT ALONGSIDE THE BRITISH DURING WORLD WAR I & II. 83,005 SIKH SOLDIERS WERE KILLED AND 109, 045 WERE WOUNDED FOR THE FREEDOM OF BRITIAN AND THE WORLD.

Hate crimes stem from ignorance and misunderstanding and can have devastating consequences.

It is even worse when the targets of ‘reprisals’ are victims of MISTAKEN IDENTITY.

THINK BEFORE YOU ACT

when we know know better we do better-thats the basics of live...yes its sad that our race became the punching bag..but try looking at it in their perspective...fear engulfs them..heck even i was scared...and i dont even live there...(but do have family there)...the basic instinct of survival is to defend oneself..at this point...i think you start second guessing everyone's intentions..most of us whether we admit it or not..don't really know how to handle fear and despair..it eats us inside and the only way we get to let go is by retaliating..remember its not you that they are against...its never you..its not even the muslims that they are after...its just the evil that takes the form of a fanatic...we are too naive to recognize good..and since most of the muslims in the middle east look some what like us..they don't know how to differentiate...if they knew better they would deffinately do better..i bet you my last dollar they will never hurt you on purpose...