Story of the Humayu Bird !!

SAadmin

Story of the Humayu Bird.

Narad Muni, a bhramgyani once visited the tenth Guru Ji and presented him with the feathers of a "Humayu" bird. Guru Ji tied each feather to five arrows, strung them on a bow and shot them in all four directions and one up into the heavens. He asked him Gursikhs to go and look for the arrows he had fired. They looked hard but couldn't find them and returned empty handed to thier Guru. Guru ji then explained to the Gursikhs that he had been presented the feathers of the Hamuyu bird by Narad Muni Ji, and this bird of the sky had power in all its body parts. Guru Ji explained whatever was attached to the parts of that bird, the bird was able to take away to its own haven. Guru Ji was describing that just as the Humayu's feather had taken the arrows to the bird's sanctury, Mool Muntra, Gur Mantar and Gurbani also worked like those feathers except they could take people to the sanctury of God. So whosoever recites these and practises on his Naam, those Gursikh will eventually find bhramgian and be carried to the country of parbrahm(God), the one which is above the entire universe. To obtain God one should have strong fatih and determination.

Shalok Page- 204

By what virtues can I meet the Lord of life, O my mother? || 1 || Pause || I have no beauty, understanding or strength; I am a stranger, from far away. || 1 || I am not wealthy or youthful. I am an orphan- please, unite me with yourself. ||2 || Searching and searching, I have became a renunciate, free of desire. I wander around, searching for the blessed Vision of God's Darshan. ||3|| God is compassionate, and Merciful to the meek; O Nanak, in the sadh sangat, the company of holy, the fire of desire has been quenced ||4 || || 18||