Benti to all Sikhs - help with seva needed

ifithelps

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is going to be taken to Royal Lancaster Hotel on 23rd October 2005 for a “Sikh Weddingâ€.

Members of the UK Sikh Community have been in discussions with the families of the Bride and Groom as well as the Wedding Arranger. All of them are aware of the Hukamnama from Sri Akal Takht Sahib and that taking Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to a venue that serves alcohol, meat & tabbacco is against Sikh Principles. However they are adamant to proceed with this “Sikh Weddingâ€.

What can you do?

As members of the Sikh Community please ring the following and voice your concerns:

Royal Lancaster Hotel (Royal Lancaster Hotel, Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY):

Craig Robertson - Director Conference & Banqueting (car@royallancaster.com) on 020 7262 6737

Wedding Arrangers

Paul (Director of Curry Special) on 07768 422181 or 020 8518 3003

Sanjay Anand of Madhu’s on 020 8574 1897

Granthi Harbans Singh Suraj (currently on Vectone Punjabi’s Gur Kirpa programme) will be taking Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to this hotel. Please contact him & inform that his actions are direct violation of Sri Akal Takht Sahib & the Khalsa Panth.

Ring Harbans Singh Suraj on 01634 576100

Please remember when ringing that you are representing the Sikh Community. Please refrain from bad language and confrontational discussions.

Together as Sadh Sangat we can stop this bad practice and give respect to Gurbani & Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as given by our Gurus & GurSikhs.

GurFateh!

--------------------

Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign

07944 445651

sikhalerts@yahoo.co.uk

www.GuruGranthSahibJi.com

www.SikhDreamWeddings.co.uk

WHy is it that the opposite affect is taken from this? Do we not realize that to recite the Bani of the Guru in an environment filled with bad vibration can actually cleanse people and the surroundings regardless if they are aware of it or not.

A Saint himself travels to the Sinful to save them, to show them the right of the way. Why should we stop the Guru from reaching those who are ill and only keep the Guru confined to one place where we think it is safe. Instead expect the ill to come to the Guru. Guru Nanak walked far beyond anyone to help humanity rise from their sickness. Yet we do not even allow that message to reach few miles because it is filled with Alchole.

Is such the strength Guru Sahib has that Guru ji cannot even protect himself from the bad vibrations? How can the Guru be susceptible to bad vibrations? He is the redemmer of such vibrations. The Guru exists everywhere, even in Pubs, even in alchole, what will you do to that Guru that is everpresent? Is that Guru being disrespected? You recite Waheguru in a place filled with Illness of Maya, what do you think will happen to that place? Why can we not see the Goodness in such an act? Creating an Oasis of Praise of Naam in the middle of Maya can have only one effect and it is not disrespect for the Guru is beyond both Praise and Disrespect, the Guru is the embodiment of Naam, the words, the bani itself is the light of Akaal...how can it be suceptible to disrespect? Those that are to take advantage of the Guru will do so, those that won't will not.

Before anyone begins to assume, this does not mean i promote Alchole in the presence of the Guru. This is specific to taking the Guru to a place where bad vibrations are already present? Instead of being negative, let us see the positiveness that will occur in such a place.

Perhaps i am being wishful to think that such people exist who can actually see the goodness in such an act, that people actually go to the Guru to listen to the message to know what it has to say so such transformation can occur.....but then again perhaps i don't know what i am talking about.

Again the more i think about this, the more it is becoming obvious that indeed the Disrepect is far greater than the faith in Guru Sahib becoming a light in the midst of darkness.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, my thoughts are open to change, nor are they final in this matter. If i am wrong or mistaken in my thoughts then please by all means rectify them.

I agree with what you are saying pheena. We've somehow changed roles with the Guru and think that WE need to protect the Guru, when in reality it is the Guru who protects us. If we do not take the Guru Granth Sahib Ji to a physical place that serves (or served) alcohol, we're protecting Guruji's respect. So... in that sense, we've limited the Guruji's respect into a confined building. We've started to believe that the Guru is only important inside a Gurdwara and outside of a Gurdwara we can do whatever we want.

Bhul chuk maaf.

again, to people like the original poster....what about Akhand Paths? these are often held in a person's house over a WEEKEND (not just a couple of hours) followed by *shock* alcohol and meat!

If these people want to go around saving the world, surely that is the first point of call?

Guru Gobind Singh Jis HORSE!! Yes HIS HORSE!!! Refused to walk through a Tobbaco Field.

HIS HORSE

I will keep emphasasing, HIS HORSE!!!

And if HIS HORSE refused to let Maharaj through then why should we permit Guru Ji to go to these places?

Maharaj does say cleanse the sinful, but if he himself doesnt want go to these places then he wont, ie he will send a fauja down to protect him. That is afterall, what we are here to do.

He himself tests his Sikhs, all those who wear Bana etc, Amritdhari, he wants to see who is really his Khalsa, and who is doing maybe for show? Saint Soldier, his is army. Not one, but both.

We have a duty to stand there.

In the repsonse from the letter, it says there is fast moving traffic etc. Well heres the way we do it. We sit on the road. Cars go by, the police will be present anyway. If theres ENOUGH PEOPLE!! then they cant do much. We might even get coverage as we will be stopping "fast moving traffic" which in london is probably a one off... from experience! lol im always in traffic!!

i see what your saying pheena ji. and you do have a point

but in this case the bad outweighs the good that would come from the situation.

this is nothing but disrespect of our guru ji. the good that would come out of people getting maharaj's darshan is not overlooked - but it is different from when guru nanak dev ji went to sajjan thug's or other great sinners.

they could understand the language he was speaking. the campaign is not made so that people cannot get darshan of guru ji if they are not amritdhari - ofcourse not. but the minimum that we can do is ask people to come to gurudwara. The minimum respect is upheld in most.

if we dont respect our guru ji, how can we ever fold our hands before him and ask for something?

please make sure as many people come to the event, its no good banging keyboards if your not going to attend the wedding and physically protest.

how can we call ourselves sikhs (of the guru) if we do nothing when our guru ji is disrespected?

if we dont stand up now and show our united stance now, it'll keep happening. today a hotel, tommorow a pub. (makes me sick when i hear people say they will be too tired/working/watching simpsons)

sorry if i've offended anyone.