influence of sikhi on bengal, marashtar, and benaras/punjab

drawrof

The following article will be kept as short as possible, and it gives neat info about Sikhi.

Influence of sikhi on the greater “Indian†psyche.

Swami Vivekananda

1. represented Hinduism at the Parliament of Religions held in Chicago in 1893 .

2. regarded as the patriot saint of modern India and an inspirer of her dormant national consciousness, To the Hindus he preached the ideal of a strength-giving and man-making religion

3. His life and teachings are of inestimable value to the West for an understanding of the mind of Asia. William James, the Harvard philosopher, called the Swami the "paragon of Vedantists." Max Muller and Paul Deussen, the famous Orientalists of the nineteenth century, held him in genuine respect and affection

Affect of sikhi: Udasi baba, totapuri, told Ramakrishna parmahansa the secret of waheguru mantar to help him through spiritual obstacles. Ramakrishna parmahansa was the guru of swami Vivekananda and Vivekananda used to recite “Waheguru†as his mantar.

Shivaji maratha

1. Chhatrapati Shivaji was the maker of the Maratha empire

2. the same people who kept foreigners out and a real threat to the british

Affect of sikhi: Ram Das Samrath, the spiritual teacher of shivaji maratha directly indebted to guru hargobind sahib for the following teaching in kashmir, in 1634:

“ascetic within, secular withoutâ€â€¦â€¦the maratha saint exclaimed “This appeals to my mindâ€â€¦.. (prior to this, the maratha saint had said to guru hargobind sahib, “What type of saint are you, and how can a person like you be sitting on guru nanak’s throneâ€!?!

Vrijanand

1. inspirer and founder of the arya samaj, high caste Brahmin, native of kartarpur Punjab.

Affect of sikhi: imbibed the sikh declaration “ unless mankind pays heed to that which is the true essence of all Vedas, namely the doctrine of the names, they shall remain confused and misdirectedâ€.

Tsingh,

thank you very much brother for writing back. I have been busy like crazy with married life, and I was reading "me judice" by sardar kapur singh, and I thought why not put this out there, anything refuting or supporting is positive because it will eliminate any 'fallacies' that people will have conjured up....I hope life is fruitful and treating you well

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh