Maala

Just wanted some opinions about the use of a Maala...

I know Gursikhs who try to do a certain number of Maalas to quantify their Waheguru jaap or their Mool Mantar, which makes sense because it guarantees that you have met whatever target minimum ammount you have set for yourself..

But my question is, through the use of the maala, does it itself become Spiritually charged? (Like water for example, which is scientifically proven to react to Naam Abhiyaas)..

Would it be any different from using, say for example, a clicker counter? I've seen people on the train with those, quitely Jaaping and clicking away, and to me it makes sense since a maala is kept Succhi and trains are some of the most unhygenic places you can find with the entire worlds gundh on them.

Your thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

How do u use it 'right' please explain..

I heard that theres a way of holding mala (used by various mahapursh), something like only the thumb and one finger is suppose to be used (could be wrong). Also, are u suppose to go clockwise or anticlockwise (although if u turn it around it doesnt matter lol)

Anyway, we can think of these as just technicalities but I suppose its good to know small jugiteaa as they do help if, again, 'used' in the right way

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Das has heard in one of the discourse by Sant Singh ji Maskin that even great people like Kabir ji had to make use of Mala. My understanding too is that Mala is just a tool to align our mind towards Waheguru. There should however not be any Rehat like with Gurbani Gutkas

Bhul Chuk di Mafi

Rajbir Singh Khalsa