Taj mahal was Shiv mandir

Mehtab Singh

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=h...be~Shiv~Mandir'

Shiv Sainiks object to Chadarposhi at Taj Mahal

Friday August 25 2006 00:00 IST

UNI

AGRA: Activists of the right-wing Shiv Sena have raised objections to plans to observe the Urs of 17th century Mughal Emperor Shahjahan at the Taj Mahal, as well as to moves by a Raza Committee to place a shroud over his grave during a ceremony called 'Chadarposhi'.

The Shiv Sena is of the view that no such ceremony should take place at the venue as it was originally the site of a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and only milk should be offered.

The President of the Roza Committee, Tahiruddin Tahir, has claimed that the Chadarposhi ceremony has been going on for decades. He also disclosed that every year, the length of the sheet is increased by 10 metres and this year it is 120 metres.

"I will be covering the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan at an Urs. This has been the practice for the past many decades from my forefathers' time. This time the sheet is about 120 meters. The name of offering the sheet has also been changed unlike the earlier occasions when they were offered by my forefathers' names. This time it is named as the Hindustani Satrangi Chaddar to symbolise communal harmony," said Tahir.

"Previously, at the place of Taj Mahal, there was a Shiv Mandir and in Shiv Mandir we do not offer sheet. We offer milk to lord Shiva. We have been protesting that in Taj Mahal sheet should not be offered but the police have stopped us from doing so," said Binu Lavaniya, President of the Agra chapter of the Shiv Sena.

He also said that as per the Supreme Court orders no political or religious activities can be held at Taj Mahal.

The District administration has deployed police to ensure security, peace and stop the Shiv Sainiks from entering the Taj Mahal.

Guest Javanmard

The sooner the Shiva Sainiks get sent to hell the better. They're the scum of the earth.

The Taj Mahal a Shaiva mandir? yeah right...

And the Eiffel tower is a mahalingam built in the "ancient vedic city of Parisha"...I think the cow's urine most have gone to these Shiv Sainiks head!

Guest Javanmard

Do you even realise that Shiv Sena is reponsible for the death of many Christians, Muslims and Sikhs? Do you even realise that in the 80s they have killing groups in Panjab murdering Sikhs? Do you even realise that they have massacred thousands of innocent Muslims?

If I call them scum of the earth it's because they are just as are Talibans. But if it's your wish to defend criminals go ahead, it'll make your claims to teach me humility even more credible!

u don't even kno, khalsa singhs be riding like ruffryda'z, blingin' in h3's and be takin ova islam when dey control mecca...becuz khalsa akali nihang singhs are shiv-roop...so how can u say, dey ain't even gonna take back dey're own space....we protec' india' becuz everyone dere is weak...like dat miss scandalous...sceen!

• 2 weeks later...

I read this topic and just didn't pay much attention because I know that RSS is changing history of India to suit politics of supported parties. Now today I checked my email account and found this interesting link which was forwarded to me. I hope it may shed some light on this topic and what are the bases of these claims.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the_taj_m...edic_temple.htm

Gurfateh

Old book by Mr Oak namely

who says Akbar was great(in Hindi) and great mistakes of Indian History again in hindi are great novels and more to do with fiction.

Shiv Sena is not name after Lord shiva but Shivaji Raje,the Great Maratha king.

One in punjab is not the same as in Mahrastra.In Mahrastra they did very bad to Hindus from Bihar,UP or Tamil nadu also,inspite of taliking of pan hindu they are more Martha upper caste bullies.manyway Nephew of Bala sahib may be making a good new party.

in Punajb SK Billa was bit anti Sikh but more due to reaction.Recent hair hair cutting incident in jaipur Was oppsed by sikh and Punjuab Shiv Sena gave full support to them.