My holiday in punjab

Kam1825

Now that Neo has told me how to add snaps to posts i thought i would share some of my snaps of India with you all

First of all are photos of Kiratpur where the ashes of my daughter were immersed into the water. In this post we have The gurdwara, Angitha Sahib of the 6th and 8th Guru

More photos i apologise in advance for this as it will be a number of replies to this post to get alot of the photos on, i will only put on about 10 percent of what i have otherwise it will be a photo overload.

The next three pictures are of Kiratpur Sahib also, Angitha Sahib of 7th Guru, Angitha Sahib Baba Ram Rai and the third photo is of Maharaj at Kiratpur

Next is a picture of Baba Baljinder Singh Ji, then starts my phots of Christmas day at Sri Harmandir Sahib, first a picture of my dad and his brothers outside the entrance to the Sri Harimandar and the second is of The Harimandir where you can see Har Ki Pauri.

more to come

The next three photos are also of the magnificent area of the Golden temple, two are phots of the HArmandir Sahiba nd the last is of the Sri Akal Takhat. it was christmas day when i went. i could not believe howpacked it was, over 2 hours to get Darshan of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Again i must say i am thankful to Neo for helping me share these phots with you all.

The next three phots are of the Golden Temple. The first photo is of me, my day and his eldest brothers on the top floor of the Golden temple and the next two photos are that of the Ber Sahib under which the great mahapursh Baba Buddha Ji used to sit whilst the construction of the amrit sarover and harmandir sahib.

more to come

The next three photos are away from amritsar

The first photo is of Gurdwara Ishar Parkash also known as Ratwara Sahib in Chandigarh which become very popular whilst Sachkhand vasi Sant Baba Waryam Singh Ji gave updesh. The second photo is Baba Waryam Singh Ji's Samadh where they used to meditate and meet sangat. The last photo is of Gurdwara Jyoti Saroop at Fatehgarh. This photo was taken at the jor mela and was packed. This is the location where the young sahabzadas were cremated.

more to come

Next three photos are of Fatehgarh Sahib where the two young martyrs gave their lives for the faith. The first photo is of the Saroop of Guru Sahib on the ground floor. The second photo is of the original brick wall left that the young martyrs stood in and the last phto shows the saropp of guru granth sahib ji on the small wall and next to it are the two remnans of the kirpans worn by the sahabzadas.

more to come

Next three phots are on the same day of the Jor Mela at Fatehgargh sahib, the first is a picture taken at Gurdwara Thanda Burj where Mata Gujri broke from her mortal coil and immersed with the Lord. In the picture you can see both parkash of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib and the Sri Dasam Granth.

The next two photos are taken at a gurdwara of Baba Santa Singh Ji Nihang. In the first photo you see the parkash of the three granths, The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, The Sri Dasam Granth and the Sri Sarbloh Granth. The second phot you can see the granths in the background and in front of them is the 5 beloved preparing amrit for the sangat seated. No one was allowed in other then those taking amrit but thankfully the nihangs let me go in and take photos.

more to come

Great Pictures Kam1825 ji !

I just read your message about how to post images - I'm a bit slow sorry !

I'm not very 'technical' so I use 'imageshack' to host images - it's free and easy to use - you get a link / code straight away and you can re-size really big images

You just upload an image - imageshack hosts it for you and gives you a 'code' / URL which you can post on forums and share with others.

for example you upload an image from your camera or computer - usually just takes a few seconds - you then get a code - like this one below - in the 'your images' section - you just copy the code and post it on any forum

or use the 'friends' option for emails etc.

The 'Code'

I've added the **** otherwise it won't show - when you post the code it will show as an image like below ;

dsc012252jd6.jpg

( An image of Baba Sarabjot Singh Bedi (on left wearing the small black turban) and his wife Nira - with their priceless collection of 'Hath Likht' saroops of Guru Sahib - inherited from his ancestors - The Bedis, the family of Guru Nanak Sahib - kept at their ancestral home in Una - from The Sikhs - Khushwant Singh 2001)

Hope that's an easy to follow explanation - here's the link to the imageshack site ;

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=faq

You get the option to post thumbnails or big images - I always use the embeddable code for forums - I use the 'classic view' rather than the 'modern view' - because you see the image and the code together, so its easier to copy and paste the codes. (Forum owners probably hate that because it uses a lot of 'Bandwidth' - but I find people don't like or don't bother to click on thumbnails)

Hope that helps - I'm hopeless with technical stuff , and I find it really easy to use , and keep track of pics - so it must be easy !

Cheers

Ranjit