Naam daan

1.Many a times The 'naam' seems to be a mystery. Entire SGGS ji is eulogisation of 'Naam'. However, there is no direct mention Of Naam. This ,sometimes, leads to confusion. Can anyone throw light on this. This Naam and the namm as is given at Baptisationby Panj Pearey should be different.

2.It is also stated that Naam should be recited as per the way shown by True guru. Can you throw light on these aspects.

1. Naam is in us and all around us-, as guru sahib says:

Nau Nidh Amrit Prabh ka "Naam" Dehi mein Eska Bisram.

What is naam? Nobody cannot describe the naam as i recall one of the sakhi of munni/hindu seth came to sri guru nanak dev ji asking about naam, sri guru nanak dev ji naam cannot be described but he was presistent knowning what naam is then sri guru dev patsah, took him to aside and asked him to put his ear fwd and lean it on the wall, when he did that, he was suprised at the on going resosance of naam- all he could hear was vahiguroooooooooo resosance. Naam is ever going resosance.

At amrit sanchar, panj pyares gives us shabad mantra to awake that naam inside us so that we can hear its resosance.

2. your answer to the second question, there are many ways to jaap naam but shabad surat marg is the finest and aligned to the gurmat, please search our meditation section.

Thank you N30 jeo for explaining the meaning Of Naam.

If Naam is 'granted' by the Panj Pearey it would imply that the Naam has been given by the Panj Pearey and the person has to meditate on that 'word'/Naam. IN such a case how SGGS would be helpful as it is said that GURU helps in Naam Daan.

Further Naam is to be obtained under the guidance of the Guru and is also obtained by HIS grace. If the naam Granted by Panj Peary is the same naam that is talked about in SGGS ji then there is no need of GURU and none of HIS grace is required.

I hope you have got my point. It ,therefore, appears that the two naams are different.

In my opinion, Naam appears differently in different realms of consciousness. For example, physically it appears as the written and spoken shabad. In the emotional state naam appears as light. In the mental states as knowledge and in the spritual realm as sound.

The word Bani is also Naam and also the sound current.

I can expand on this with gurbani quotes at a later stage if you're interested.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

In the following I might have gone off-topic but may be its helpful to understand Naam/Gurmantar/Waheguru.

All the creation (crores and crores of universes, Khands etc.) exists because of the continued resosance of Naam. Starting from the creation of everything this resosance is going on and will go. If this resosance is stopped, then the whole creation will be destroyed. Infact GOD created everything by with one shabad.

Naam is within us. I agree with Neo that during Amrit Sanchar, Panj Payaras give us a shabad which will in turn awake that Naam from within us. Panj Payaras (supposing that one of the Panj Payaras has already attained the last stage of spiritual path) also give a technique which have to be followed with that shabad. With technique Brahmgyan can be attained.

Naam is same as always. Naam within us and Naam given by Panj Payars IS same.

Now, Naam that helps us to merge with GOD have to be followed by a technique which could ONLY be given by Sant/Brahmgyani/Who is one with GOD (I am NOT talking of a person whom sometimes we refer to Brahmgyani if he looks like one from outer clothes).

Actually, in order to meet Waheguru 3 things are necessary: Simran, Dhayan/Concentration, and Gyan.

Simran should be of Gurmantar/Waheguru with a technique [bakhery Bani (with tongue), Madma Bani (in throat), Pasanty Bani (in heart), Para Bani (in nabi) etc. but these techniques should be given by Sant/Brahmgyani according to one's adekar].

Dhayan hunda a Guru saroop da. Now, some people say that Guru in physical form is NOT allowed. It's NOT black and white. I agree that our eternal Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji. But one needs "Dhayan Dharna" while doing simran and Nirankar is without saroop. How could we put our "Dhayan" on Nirankar? For example: If someone wants to take nishana on sky, then he/she needs something in sky to dhayan, otherwise sky is gap. We need to "Dharan Dharna" of GURU/Teacher (who is already one with GOD) and after sometime when birte becomes susham then Nirankar da dhayan ho janda ha.

The above mentioned Dhayan is NOT out of context thing, it's told by Guru Arjan Dev Ji when sangat asked Babaji "Kis da dhayan karna chaheda ha/To whom should be concenterate on while doing simran". In Guru Granth Sahib Ji on page 864 as follows:

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਰਿਦੈ ਲੈ ਧਾਰਉ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਉ ॥੧॥

ਮਤ ਕੋ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਉਤਰਸਿ ਪਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Here Babaji is referring to Guru (true Sant/Brahmgyani) in physical form because GOD is Nirakar (without shape and does not have feet).

For example: Naam is a ship that can take us to other end which is across this sansar samundar. The other end is Waheguru. Now, one needs Malah/Guru/Teacher/Brahmgyani (person who drives the Naam rupe boat), but that malah should know the place where he is taking the people and also must have good arms so that he can drive the chappu. Boat cannot go to other shore without Malah. Same way "Waheguru/Naam/Gurmantar" simran without Guru won't be able to help us to reach GOD. Reaching GOD and attaining some gyan or attain a place in heaven is entirely different.

Doing simran without Guru may help us to bring good things, Ridhian-Sidhian and can help us to reach the true Guru. Waheguru/Naam da simran WITHOUT Guru may lead us (by GOD) to a true Guru who will in turn help us to meet GOD.

for example: Baba Fareed did very hard bhagati for 36 years without the guidance of physical Sant/Brahmgyani because he was the follower of Shareat and Shareat does not allow any Guru in physical form, but after 36 years he has gone to Brahmgyani and thus attained GOD.

True Guru/Sant/Brahmgyani cannot be find out by us, GOD leads us to them in reward of our good deeds of several previous births and not just one. Lucky are those whom GOD has provided the guidance of Brahmgyani.

We should try to do as much path/gurbani as we can do, because every second counts, we might meet the GOD in next janams.

A person who is doing lot of paths/simran in this birth, but not enough to meet Waheguru. Death and re-birth for that person is like reading a book and while doing that goes to sleep, when he again wakes up start reading from that page where he left. It's NOT something like in every human birth you have to restart your karam book.

bhuk chuk de maffi

das

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

In the following I might have gone off-topic but may be its helpful to understand Naam/Gurmantar/Waheguru.

All the creation (crores and crores of universes, Khands etc.) exists because of the continued resosance of Naam. Starting from the creation of everything this resosance is going on and will go. If this resosance is stopped, then the whole creation will be destroyed. Infact GOD created everything by with one shabad.

Naam is within us. I agree with Neo that during Amrit Sanchar, Panj Payaras give us a shabad which will in turn awake that Naam from within us. Panj Payaras (supposing that one of the Panj Payaras has already attained the last stage of spiritual path) also give a technique which have to be followed with that shabad. With technique Brahmgyan can be attained.

Naam is same as always. Naam within us and Naam given by Panj Payars IS same.

Now, Naam that helps us to merge with GOD have to be followed by a technique which could ONLY be given by Sant/Brahmgyani/Who is one with GOD (I am NOT talking of a person whom sometimes we refer to Brahmgyani if he looks like one from outer clothes).

Actually, in order to meet Waheguru 3 things are necessary: Simran, Dhayan/Concentration, and Gyan.

Simran should be of Gurmantar/Waheguru with a technique [bakhery Bani (with tongue), Madma Bani (in throat), Pasanty Bani (in heart), Para Bani (in nabi) etc. but these techniques should be given by Sant/Brahmgyani according to one's adekar].

Dhayan hunda a Guru saroop da. Now, some people say that Guru in physical form is NOT allowed. It's NOT black and white. I agree that our eternal Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji. But one needs "Dhayan Dharna" while doing simran and Nirankar is without saroop. How could we put our "Dhayan" on Nirankar? For example: If someone wants to take nishana on sky, then he/she needs something in sky to dhayan, otherwise sky is gap. We need to "Dharan Dharna" of GURU/Teacher (who is already one with GOD) and after sometime when birte becomes susham then Nirankar da dhayan ho janda ha.

The above mentioned Dhayan is NOT out of context thing, it's told by Guru Arjan Dev Ji when sangat asked Babaji "Kis da dhayan karna chaheda ha/To whom should be concenterate on while doing simran". In Guru Granth Sahib Ji on page 864 as follows:

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਰਿਦੈ ਲੈ ਧਾਰਉ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਉ ॥੧॥

ਮਤ ਕੋ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਉਤਰਸਿ ਪਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Here Babaji is referring to Guru (true Sant/Brahmgyani) in physical form because GOD is Nirakar (without shape and does not have feet).

For example: Naam is a ship that can take us to other end which is across this sansar samundar. The other end is Waheguru. Now, one needs Malah/Guru/Teacher/Brahmgyani (person who drives the Naam rupe boat), but that malah should know the place where he is taking the people and also must have good arms so that he can drive the chappu. Boat cannot go to other shore without Malah. Same way "Waheguru/Naam/Gurmantar" simran without Guru won't be able to help us to reach GOD. Reaching GOD and attaining some gyan or attain a place in heaven is entirely different.

Doing simran without Guru may help us to bring good things, Ridhian-Sidhian and can help us to reach the true Guru. Waheguru/Naam da simran WITHOUT Guru may lead us (by GOD) to a true Guru who will in turn help us to meet GOD.

for example: Baba Fareed did very hard bhagati for 36 years without the guidance of physical Sant/Brahmgyani because he was the follower of Shareat and Shareat does not allow any Guru in physical form, but after 36 years he has gone to Brahmgyani and thus attained GOD.

True Guru/Sant/Brahmgyani cannot be find out by us, GOD leads us to them in reward of our good deeds of several previous births and not just one. Lucky are those whom GOD has provided the guidance of Brahmgyani.

We should try to do as much path/gurbani as we can do, because every second counts, we might meet the GOD in next janams.

A person who is doing lot of paths/simran in this birth, but not enough to meet Waheguru. Death and re-birth for that person is like reading a book and while doing that goes to sleep, when he again wakes up start reading from that page where he left. It's NOT something like in every human birth you have to restart your karam book.

bhuk chuk de maffi

das

I have quoted the above post for my benefit.

Thank you Das jeo for such a wonderful exposition that I have come across for the first time. Thanks again for sharing in details the naam. I am equally thankful to to all those who have replied and have helped me to integrate the concepts of Naam thatwas never clear to me. I had always thought that Naam is something in relation to the Name Of God/waheguru or hisattribute like first word Like 'Ongkar'. I stand corrected to that extent.

Das jeo ,you have explained only two parts of your coverage i.e

1. Simran

2. Dhyan

3. Gyan

You have detailed out on Simran and Dhyan. You may kindly expand on the third aspect that is left uncovered .I shall be seriously interested and shall be asking yourself the questions where I have doubts.

"Simran should be of Gurmantar/Waheguru with a technique [bakhery Bani (with tongue), Madma Bani (in throat), Pasanty Bani (in heart), Para Bani (in nabi) etc. but these techniques should be given by Sant/Brahmgyani according to one's adekar]. "

2. You may kindly tell more about the techniques of Simran . Is it like chanting the Gurumantar or something else? What are these techniques.?

3. Naam simran and Gurumantar can be same?

"Doing simran without Guru may help us to bring good things, Ridhian-Sidhian and can help us to reach the true Guru. Waheguru/Naam da simran WITHOUT Guru may lead us (by GOD) to a true Guru who will in turn help us to meet GOD. "

Is there any Gurbani 'support ' for this. If any kindly point out.

5."True Guru/Sant/Brahmgyani cannot be find out by us, GOD leads us to them in reward of our good deeds of several previous births and not just one. Lucky are those whom GOD has provided the guidance of Brahmgyani. "

sy DMnu vfy sq purKw pUry ijn gurmiq nwmu iDAwieAw ] (445-5, Awsw, mÚ 4)

So very blessed and truly perfect are those, who through Guru's Instruction meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

What is the meaning Of this line. You may refer to the english Translation.

Namjap ji.[/font:057159015e]

I shall be grateful if you kindly continue with your dicussion.

Regards to all .

Many a time one gets stuck explaining spiritual essence in a logical way. This is because one feels that the mind needs to be satisfied with reasons. What we must doing is pacify the mind or mental faculties as they mislead us. We are not mind eventhough mind is an essential 'tool' or faculty for our existence in this realm of duality.

A simple mode of understanding why we are separate from the mind is the underlying fact that sometimes the mind refuses to obey us.

Attaining spiritual realization is not a sudden process.

When we were born in this physical body, the creator sent us here with a package. This package consists of all the necessary things we would need to use and express in this world. They are all the expressable attributes of soul like joy, happiness, tranquility, inner peace and radiance, etc.

Just like the movie stargate, when you go to the other side, you have to find the templets or tablets to decifer or decode the symbols in order to successfully arrive back to your place of origin. So we are looking for the manual that can help us find this soul attributes. We look everywhere except the right place - within. The nature of peace, joy and happiness is such that it can only be found within one's self. And SGGS is the manual that decifers or decodes the way back.

Not everyone however can understand the decoded message.

Back to the point of attaining spiritual awareness, most of us are already on the way home. We are often called the 'seeker' and try to find references from many sources with which we can relate to. Knowledges comes in little nudges from many sources and is making us a better person.

Shamus-e Tabriz mentioned that man is Ashraful Makhlukar (spelling not correct) meaning Man is in the image and likeness of God.

More later. Harpreet Singh Jee, I think I have taken a "pangga" by offering to narrate the details of the paradox. Please be patient as it isn't necessarily an eazy task explaining.

If you are seriously interested in understanding some great things including the things in the previous message, then the proper way is to learn it from Sants/Brahmgyanis and NOT from a normal person like me. I do NOT know anything. I may present the topics according to my budh and soch. I would suggest you to listen the following selected deewans of Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji if you are not from people who have allergy from Sant/Brahmgyani as according to them it is against Gurmat.

If you or anyone don't like the concept of Sant/Brahmgyani, then you are requested NOT to write/say/soch nendea.

After listening the deewan you will be more than happy and satisfied. I'm still learnign from deewans. Under each link, the topics are mentioned which are covered in that particular deewan. In all deewan you will be able to listen the Gurbani tuks for the covered topics.

Deewans of Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji

NOTE: Don't click on Deewan links, instead copy the whole link and paste that in new browser.

------------------------------------

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Mekhe.Jana.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- What is GOD

- Types of Avatars

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....da.Senwaad.mp3

Knowledge about:

- 3 roops of Waheguru: Nirgun, Sargun, Verat

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Jaandeh.Ji.mp3

Knowledge about:

- Effect of 1 sec of saying Waheguru

- Precendence of naam, isnan, satsang.

- Initially Guru HAVE to be considered as GOD

- To meet Waheguru: 3 things are necessary: Simran, Dhayan, Gyan. For details listen.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...Dia.Jugtiaa.mp3

Knowledge Covered:

- Simran diyan Jugtiaa/Techniques of Naam Simran

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...i.Gopala.Ji.mp3

Knowledge about:

- Why Guru jee ne Gurbani rache

- Types of gatti/salvation with full details

- Heaven is not permanent and one should NOT desire that and problems in heaven

- Types of Bhagti

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...aribi.Avey).mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Types of Pride/Hankar,

- Worship of what?

- What is Mukti?

- "Waheguru Gur-mantar ha, jap hume khoe"

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S.....Jay.Aayaa.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Gurbani vecharne has MORE importance than Gurbani parne (for those who say that katha and so called kache bani is not valid)

-----------------------------------

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...u.Naal.Meyl.mp3

Knowledge about:

- How many kuls/generations are blessed who does Bhagati

- What body is made up of: 2 things (Asthol sareer which is made up of 5 basic elements, and Susham sareer which is made up of 17 elements....listen for details)

----------------------------

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...hu.Di.Sakhi.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Who is Sant/Brahmgyani

- Lachan of Sants),

- Salvation for different kind of people

- Bhagats can replace GOD's bachan

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...ey.Paatshah.mp3

Knowledge covered

- Importance of Namaskar

- Which thing is important in each yug: e.g puja, yag

- Why sometimes reading Gurbani does NOT induce nasha

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...hkhand.Jana.mp3

Knoweldge covered:

- Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Nirankar HIMSELF.

- If Guru is necessary (or say if Naam from Guru is necessary), then who was Guru of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Daya.Singh.mp3

- Guru Gobind Singh da Tuhi Tuhi likhna on many pages

- What to forget

- Death occurs when 4 things reach

- Khalsa is created with GOD's hukam

- Crowd during Guru Gobind Singh Ji's deewan was around 60,000-70,000

- Only forty were left from all the crowd when the Guru Gobind Singh came outside with Panj Payaras...and these 40 are known as CHALI MUKTE

- 3 Amrits: Khande da Amrit or Sanskar Amrit, Naam Amrit, Gyan Amrit

-----------------------------

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...at.Da.Divan.mp3

Knowledge covered

- 3.5 crore masand/holes in body

- For those who says that if RAAB wants then we will do path.... 4 types of kirpa: Ishvar kirpa, Guru kirpa, Shaster kirpa, and Apne aap kirpa..........Ishvar kirpa is human birth, Guru, Shaster kirapa is Gurbani de kirpa as Gurbani guide us and also guides us to go to Sant, Guru Kirpa is Sant ne method/jugti dase, so you have all 3 kirpas, and then do 4th kirpa yourself.....after all these 4 kirpas, jevan ve safal ho javaga.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...m.Di.Mehmaa.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- 2 things that a person faces in Satsang: Susti and Khayal da edhar udhar jana. And ways to overcome this.

- Importance of Naam according to Bhai Gurdas Jee.

- Totol of 3.5 crore tirath in this world, among them 68 are main.

- According to Guru Nanak Dev Ji which Name of GOD should be uttered as asked by pandats

- Ruhane/Spiritual school have 4 classes (Vast knowledge)

------------------------------

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Walo.Sakhi.mp3

Knowledge covered

- RAAB is inside us, but is inside 5 layers. One needs 2 things to find that: Brahmgyani who knows where is RAAB and a key obtained by Brahmgyani to open that 5 layers. In other words RAAB is inside 5 kosh. Ann Kosh, Pran Kosh, Man Kosh, Vegyan Kosh, Anand Kosh. Here key is Naam da abyaas which Brahmgyani gives.

- Baba Fareed was following sherat for 36 years and din't want to visit any Brahmgyani, but after spending 36 years then he has gone to Brahmgyani and attained RAAB.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...dhaar.Karna.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Dharam de char/4 paar haan: Raja, Tirath, Brahman, Sadhu.

- RAAB tu ucha RAAB da NAAM ha as told by Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Gorakhnath. Also, listen the reason.

- Examples of RAAB da NAAM RAAB to ucha ha.

- Everything can be obtained by: Naam, Dan, Isnan.

bhul chuk de maffi

das

1.Many a time one gets stuck explaining spiritual essence in a logical way.

2.Attaining spiritual realization is not a sudden process.

3.When we were born in this physical body, the creator sent us here with a package. They are all the expressable attributes of soul like joy, happiness, tranquility, inner peace and radiance, etc.

4. We look everywhere except the right place - within. The nature of peace, joy and happiness is such that it can only be found within one's self. And SGGS is the manual that decifers or decodes the way back.Not everyone however can understand the decoded message.

5.More later. Harpreet Singh Jee, I think I have taken a "pangga" by offering to narrate the details of the paradox. Please be patient as it isn't necessarily an eazy task explaining.

Thanks again Namjap jeo for everything that you are doing for me. I do agree with you that we have to control our mind, understand the message oF SGGS ji . I am a novice and have not gone thru. the entire Bani as contained in SGGS ji. I shall endeavor to do it fast.

Needless to say that I shall be patient as suggested by your goodself.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Mekhe.Jana.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- What is GOD

- Types of Avatars

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....da.Senwaad.mp3

Knowledge about:

- 3 roops of Waheguru: Nirgun, Sargun, Verat

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Jaandeh.Ji.mp3

Knowledge about:

- Effect of 1 sec of saying Waheguru

- Precendence of naam, isnan, satsang.

- Initially Guru HAVE to be considered as GOD

- To meet Waheguru: 3 things are necessary: Simran, Dhayan, Gyan. For details listen.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...i.Gopala.Ji.mp3

Knowledge about:

- Why Guru jee ne Gurbani rache

- Types of gatti/salvation with full details

- Heaven is not permanent and one should NOT desire that and problems in heaven

- Types of Bhagti

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...aribi.Avey).mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Types of Pride/Hankar,

- Worship of what?

- What is Mukti?

- "Waheguru Gur-mantar ha, jap hume khoe"

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S.....Jay.Aayaa.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Gurbani vecharne has MORE importance than Gurbani parne (for those who say that katha and so called kache bani is not valid)

-----------------------------------

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...u.Naal.Meyl.mp3

Knowledge about:

- How many kuls/generations are blessed who does Bhagati

- What body is made up of: 2 things (Asthol sareer which is made up of 5 basic elements, and Susham sareer which is made up of 17 elements....listen for details)

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...hu.Di.Sakhi.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Who is Sant/Brahmgyani

- Lachan of Sants),

- Salvation for different kind of people

- Bhagats can replace GOD's bachan

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...ey.Paatshah.mp3

Knowledge covered

- Importance of Namaskar

- Which thing is important in each yug: e.g puja, yag

- Why sometimes reading Gurbani does NOT induce nasha

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...hkhand.Jana.mp3

Knoweldge covered:

- Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Nirankar HIMSELF.

- If Guru is necessary (or say if Naam from Guru is necessary), then who was Guru of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Daya.Singh.mp3

- Guru Gobind Singh da Tuhi Tuhi likhna on many pages

- What to forget

- Death occurs when 4 things reach

- Khalsa is created with GOD's hukam

- Crowd during Guru Gobind Singh Ji's deewan was around 60,000-70,000

- Only forty were left from all the crowd when the Guru Gobind Singh came outside with Panj Payaras...and these 40 are known as CHALI MUKTE

- 3 Amrits: Khande da Amrit or Sanskar Amrit, Naam Amrit, Gyan Amrit

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...at.Da.Divan.mp3

Knowledge covered

- 3.5 crore masand/holes in body

- For those who says that if RAAB wants then we will do path.... 4 types of kirpa: Ishvar kirpa, Guru kirpa, Shaster kirpa, and Apne aap kirpa..........Ishvar kirpa is human birth, Guru, Shaster kirapa is Gurbani de kirpa as Gurbani guide us and also guides us to go to Sant, Guru Kirpa is Sant ne method/jugti dase, so you have all 3 kirpas, and then do 4th kirpa yourself.....after all these 4 kirpas, jevan ve safal ho javaga.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...m.Di.Mehmaa.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- 2 things that a person faces in Satsang: Susti and Khayal da edhar udhar jana. And ways to overcome this.

- Importance of Naam according to Bhai Gurdas Jee.

- Totol of 3.5 crore tirath in this world, among them 68 are main.

- According to Guru Nanak Dev Ji which Name of GOD should be uttered as asked by pandats

- Ruhane/Spiritual school have 4 classes (Vast knowledge)

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S....Walo.Sakhi.mp3

Knowledge covered

- RAAB is inside us, but is inside 5 layers. One needs 2 things to find that: Brahmgyani who knows where is RAAB and a key obtained by Brahmgyani to open that 5 layers. In other words RAAB is inside 5 kosh. Ann Kosh, Pran Kosh, Man Kosh, Vegyan Kosh, Anand Kosh. Here key is Naam da abyaas which Brahmgyani gives.

- Baba Fareed was following sherat for 36 years and din't want to visit any Brahmgyani, but after spending 36 years then he has gone to Brahmgyani and attained RAAB.

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...dhaar.Karna.mp3

Knowledge covered:

- Dharam de char/4 paar haan: Raja, Tirath, Brahman, Sadhu.

- RAAB tu ucha RAAB da NAAM ha as told by Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Gorakhnath. Also, listen the reason.

- Examples of RAAB da NAAM RAAB to ucha ha.

- Everything can be obtained by: Naam, Dan, Isnan.

bhul chuk de maffi

das

Thank you , Friend , for all this. I shall study /listen each of these. However, it is to bring to your kind notice that the cut and paste does not work. You may kindly recheck and inform me as to how to reach the stated html pages of the stated site.

Regards.

The link in my previous message are NOT html pages, these are MP3 audio files. It should automatically play in Windows media player WITHOUT downloading. If you are in India and using dialup, then I guess that sometimes it won't play because of slow speed.

Actually these deewans are from: http://www.gurmatveechar.org and then goto Katha section and then click "Sant Ishar Singh (Rara Sahib Wale). It will present you a list of around 166 deewans divided in 4 pages.

But if you have high speed internet, then you can paste the following WHOLE text (NOT just the blue colored text) below directly in browser and it should play in media player. Do same for all deewans:

START copying from http and till mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/S...Dia.Jugtiaa.mp3

You are perfectly right jeo.I am from India and found a very useful site. I shall open the site and will let you know shortly. However, at the first attempt that I have tried the site asks to download/save or to open up. In both cases it shall take time as the files are 50-60 mb. I have broad Band installed and stated downloading is at 128kb but this is divided on account of 50 clients sharing this connection. Efectively, the speed gets reduced to about to 30 kb.

Thanks a lot .

Respected friend,

I have checked up at the above sites. At my computer ,it is always asking for downloading.The files are big. The downloading is likely to take some time.Could you kindly suggest some alternative from where I can download or listen if the files are not as heavy as these or suggest some thing else to read or something.

Thx.

• 4 weeks later...

Kabir Sahib has beautifully described the value of Naam:

Naam may appear but a monosyllable compared with the countless sins that abound;

But a little dose of the Naam when taken, reduces the entire garbage

to a heap of ashes;

And the practice of the Naam rubs clean all the mental impurities;

For the Naam acts as a spark of fire in a powder magazine;

By communion with the Naam, one transcends the limitations of the flesh,

And reaches far beyond the realm of the pairs of opposites.

All the supernal powers serve but Naam;

Blessed with Naam, one becomes the abode of all powers.

The glory of God's Naam has attuned my body and soul,

The parched and thirsty get honeyed nectar from it.

We generally sing the glory of God with man-made names,

But His Great Name-Sat Naam-is eternally the same. Maru M5

GURU ARJAN

Remember Naam, O my brethren-in-faith,

This grants peace, O keep the mind ever fixed in Naam. Asa M4

By hearing Naam, the mind gets stilled,

The greatness of Naam is known through the Master.

Commune with Naam till the last breath of life,

This brings proximity to God and He saves in the end. Sri Rag M4

Those who contact not the Naam, why do they come into the world?

Arid is the field of life for them and they die a miserable death. Jaitsri M4

The devotees of the Lord are His representatives and unto them we pray,

We, the filthy worms, are at their feet, let the Divine light fill us through. Gujri M4

A contact with the Sound Current gives self realization which is the summum bonum of life. By it one is washed of all impurities of the mind and easily merges into Life Divine. O Nanak! this contact is established by a rare gurmukh. Sarang War M4

A contact with Naam makes one self-luminous, with luminosity vying with

myriads of suns. Jaitsri M5

By Thy grace manifest the Divine light of Naam. Gujri M4

Naam is not the subject of the eyes. It is something wonderful and indescribable Maru M1

Whether awake or asleep and in whatever condition,

O Nanak! while doing everything they remain contacted within. Gauri M5

Word is at once the Creator and the Sustainer of the Universe.

Word transcends all forms and all names,

They who worship the Word, alone live.

Word sustains the entire creation,

He is the Kernel in every shell. Gauri M5

Naam is the life-principle in all that lives,

Naam is the foundation-stone of the Cosmos with its divisions.

Naam is the Creator of Heavens and nether lands,

Naam is the Manifester of all forms.

Naam is the sub-strata of all regions,

Naam is the liberator from all bondage. Gauri M5

O thou rise early, and worship the Word day and night,

and then, O Nanak, thou shalt have no grief and escape from all troubles.Gauri M4

The earth and the sky were made by Shabd,

Shabd has been the source of all light.

The whole creation sprang from Shabd,

O Nanak! Shabd is the very life of life. Janam Sakhi M1

With the True Word, one knows the Truth,

With the True Sound, one sings the glory of the Lord. Parbhati M1

It can be seen without eyes,

It can be heard without ears. Majh War M1

It (Shabd) has been the saving lifeline in all the ages,

Prehlad, the son of the demon-king, knew neither Gayatri nor any rituals,

He became one with God through contact with the Shabd. Bhairon M3

Amrit is the True Naam (or Word),

But It cannot be described in words.

He who tastes of it by attuning with the Word is accepted at His Court.

Sri Rag M3

The Limitless Song (Anhad Bani) has an ambrosial effect,

It lulls both the body and the mind to a quiet repose. Majh M5

The Word of the Master is extremely sweet,

Such an elixir one finds within,

Whosoever tastes of It, gets perfected,

O Nanak! such a one remains in perpetual bliss. Parbhati MI

The fountain of Amrit is bubbling over,

One can have a taste of It through the Word of God. Wadhans M3

The True Word bursts asunder the three-fold egg,

O Nanak! It is the Saviour that saves all. Ramkali M1

Take mercy on me and accept me as Thy bondsman,

And snap all my bonds and take me out of the net,

Let me live always in the sweet remembrance of Thy Word (Naam)

or Thy Sound Principle (Bani),

Nanak Thy slave would gladly offer himself as a sacrifice unto Thee.

Dev Gandhari M5