eating egg in sikhism ?

fateh 2 all,

yesterday i met 1 of my school friend. he is amritdhari & also doing sewa of panchs in nagarkeertans. i hav seen him eating eggs. when i asked him , he said in sikhism eating egg in not wrong. i wana help frm sangat. plz reply 2 this post wit their views so that i can aware him that in sikhism egg is not allowed?

fateh

Brother,

We need to develop time machine and go back and ask Guru ji about it and tht's how we can clear this otherwise seems like its so hard to decide. I don't blame Sikhs because its hard for them to follow one authority and most of them are related one or another orgs we have within sikhism. Now they preach Sikhism but still they have their own version of Sikhism added to it.

God bless Sikhs because if after 50 years of discussion and announcement from Akal Thakhat still its not clear then I guess its not going to go from our minds.

The Akal Takht represents the final authority on controversial issues concerning the Sikh Panth, in this regard the issue of meat eating has been settled. Hukamnama issued by Akal Takht Jathedar Sandhu Singh Bhaura dated February 15th 1980 that Amritdhari Sikhs can eat meat as long as it is jhatka meat and that eating meat does not go against the code of conduct, Kurehit, of the Sikhs. Thus a Sikh cannot be excommunicated for eating meat.

If you believe that Akal Thakhat is the supreme authority then believe in their Hukumnama otherwise follow the ones your org says and that's how you can solve this problem.

Here is a debate of intelligent Sikhs for you to read.

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....7256B7B00659C84

Why waste time telling people how to live, they have a brain, let them think for themselves.

There is no need to tell poeple to do this or that. They will do whatever they want to. esp in this day and age.

Who cares if he eats, you not eating it. the Truth is always the truth, why should we worry about what other people think, if he is setting a bad example, then the clever people will know.

Survival of the fittest.

This issue has been settled down by Akal Thakhat. If your org doesn't allow it then don't eat it. We don't want to let it going because it doesn't get anywhere.

So closing this for now.