Praise Where It Is Due

I am sure that the majority of you are aware about the following blog

http://sikh-reality.blogspot.com/

If not i suggest taking a look. With the was comtent on this and other forums plummeting with regards to vidiya and vedant and becoming more of 'I'm right you're wrong' or the constant dasam granth threads this blog is a refreshing change.

I seemed to have learned an awful lot from this blog and i think a thank you and praise should be given to the sevadar who has opened the minds of ignorant sikhs to a broader picture esp of nihangs where the topics on here are meat, drink, drugs, chatka focused and not on the puratan vidya they used to hold.

Well that is my rant i hope all of you check out the blog which is updated every other day up to recently and take the gems of knowledge scattered.

I hope more blogs similar to this come on the net rather then the normal bull.

Enjoy

Edited by Kam1825

Thanks for the compliment Kam, I am truely honored.

ALong with this is the Pracheen Panth Prakash Facebook group which is updated every now and then as well.

Unfortantly I have some major tests and essays due (still in university) this coming two weeks. However I hope to post passages of Suraj Prakash. I am currently using a steek to translate to english the Sakhi in Suraj Prakash when Guru Gobind Singh Ji gives Updesh to the Sangat before Maharaj leaves for SachKhand.

Also, I will be posting a passage dealing with the Bibek and Abibek nature of Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji.

I have one question about the Kavach section of the blog. I have seen the Brahm Kavach in the gurbilas Patshahi 10 and Nihang Gutkas however i have found a discrepency with the naveen panth parkash. it states in there that guru gobind singh ji read the brahm kavach and rather then reciting the brahm kavach in the nihang gutka they recite the benti chaupai and refer to this as the brahm kavach.

Thought i would just bring that to your attention!

Interesting, can you please tell me where abouts in Gurbilas 10 it talks about Braham Kavich?

What copy of Gurbilas 10 do you have? If you have the same one as me, (Koer Singh) published by Punjabi University Patiala, by Shamsher Singh Ashok / Doctor Fauja Singh, can you tell me the page number? If not any info will help

thanks!

The Brahma Kavich Dohra was added to the Budha Dal Gutkas by Uday Singh, secretary of Budha Dal and nephew of Baba Santa Singh, This Dohra is not from the original Brahma Kavich, it appears in the Panth Parkash second edition by Gyani Gyan Singh.

Does anyone have access to a Budha Dal Gutka Sahib published prior to 1998 to confirm that Brahma Kavich was not included in the Gutkas prior to then as it is known to be a bani which is passed through oral tradition.

Edited by Maha Singh

Guru Granth and Panth - Passage from Sarbloh Granth

http://sikh-reality.blogspot.com/2009/11/guru-granth-and-panth.html

At the bottom is Katha of the late Jathedar Baba Santha Singh Ji Nihang on the passage as well

(This translation has been up for a while but it has been corrected with the help of the Sarbloh Steek, before the translation was just taken from McLeods book, History of Khalsa Rehit)