What Time Do You Do Your Rehras Sahib?

I know Rehras Sahib is meant to be done at sundown. But in the west this is difficult especially if the sun sets during work hours.

Singhs, at what time do you usually do rehras sahib? If it isn't too personal a question.

I try to get it done around 6pm or right after work (unless I'm wasting time on this place ;-) ).

However, it's quite a nice experience to do finish up nitnem just as the sun comes up and do rehras while the sun is goind down, especially if you are in a place where sunup and sundown are visible experiences. It makes me feel in tune with the rhythms of the world. Kinda feels like the Earth is engaging in its own bhagti of Akal Purakh.

K.

However, it's quite a nice experience to do finish up nitnem just as the sun comes up and do rehras while the sun is goind down, especially if you are in a place where sunup and sundown are visible experiences. It makes me feel in tune with the rhythms of the world. Kinda feels like the Earth is engaging in its own bhagti of Akal Purakh.

K.

During amrit vela bani is good fullstop. But when you can do it so that it is ending whilst the sun is rising it is even more of a beautiful experience. It's like you've ushered in your day with God's word. lol

I realise that doing reharas at sunset is impossible for most. But this all made me think about how much closer we were to the rhythms/cycles of nature in the not too distant past, instead of the mechanical clock.

• 8 years later...