Wife Swap - Muslim And Agnostic Family

dalsingh101

This made me laugh.

By the end it appeared as if the influence of the liberal agnostic lady on the Muslim family caused the Muslim daughters to be more rebellious, whilst the legacy of the Muslim mum on the other family made them more closer.

You could tell the Muslim mum was not happy about this in the end.

Edited by dalsingh101

It does beg the question. Is liberalisation a destructive force for more strict religious families? In terms of Edward Said's model of othering, it looks like certain conservative Muslim families have 'othered' the western liberal setup as decadent, salacious and evil. I think this may also be a truth with many other conservative religious groups, even white Christian ones.

Can these positions exist together without one side attacking the other? Are they locked in combat?

Edited by dalsingh101

This made me laugh.

By the end it appeared as if the influence of the liberal agnostic lady on the Muslim family caused the Muslim daughters to be more rebellious, whilst the legacy of the Muslim mum on the other family made them more closer.

You could tell the Muslim mum was not happy about this in the end.

I have not seen the show but I want to ask you are these so called reality show real in UK? In India these so called reality shows are nothing more than a Drama.May be if they shoot a reality show in pakistan they will show how much peace a non muslim family got when they practiced islam

I have not seen the show but I want to ask you are these so called reality show real in UK? In India these so called reality shows are nothing more than a Drama.May be if they shoot a reality show in pakistan they will show how much peace a non muslim family got when they practiced islam

I think this particular program was genuine. Both sides wanted to try and present themselves in their best light to the public. The western family as progressive and tolerant, the Muslim family as adherent and pious to the faith.

But otherwise, I would agree that reality tv in general is a load of mindnumbing sh1te (like Big Brother). However I must confess that I did enjoy the recent The Family show with the Grewals.

• 4 months later...