Hindus And Sikhs Riot (1966)

amar_jkp

The fact that riff raff panths (millions) are allowed to survive and thrive in Hindu India without having their throats slit is proof enough of what we don't do.

Bloody cry baby! Cry me a protest!

Better you people save ur ass , i can see throats being cut in Bengal and Kerala.

Better you people save ur ass , i can see throats being cut in Bengal and Kerala.

Ah...the throats of those individuals, groups and communities are well within our range. This is not the 16th Century. Don't give us an opportunity to clear entire states out once and for all.

Or you might all be paying "chauth" like before..

Ah...the throats of those individuals, groups and communities are well within our range. This is not the 16th Century. Don't give us an opportunity to clear entire states out once and for all.

Or you might all be paying "chauth" like before..

Yes, this is not the 16th century, where all of the Hindus were enslaved (feel free to thank the Sikhs for standing up to the invaders).

After being enslaved countless number of times by numerous invaders you finally get power, and what do you do? Start butchering the minorities, no different than what your masters did when hindus were still slaves in their own country.

You call other religions and panths "riff - raff". On what basis do you hold this holier than thou attitude? Your comments on serve to prove that the hindu administration are extremists and oppressors.

1984 - Sikh genocide

2002 - Muslims in Gujarat

2007 - Christians in Orrissa

Hundreds of thousands of dalits being raped and killed up and down the country.

But when someone or a community stands up to this injustice, you label them extremists.

Need I say more?

Yes, this is not the 16th century, where all of the Hindus were enslaved (feel free to thank the Sikhs for standing up to the invaders).

After being enslaved countless number of times by numerous invaders you finally get power, and what do you do? Start butchering the minorities, no different than what your masters did when hindus were still slaves in their own country.

You call other religions and panths "riff - raff". On what basis do you hold this holier than thou attitude? Your comments on serve to prove that the hindu administration are extremists and oppressors.

1984 - Sikh genocide

2002 - Muslims in Gujarat

2007 - Christians in Orrissa

Hundreds of thousands of dalits being raped and killed up and down the country.

But when someone or a community stands up to this injustice, you label them extremists.

Need I say more?

You did'nt do anything to stand up to the invaders. The work of countless Hindu heroes who attained Veergathi.

From the Shahis, Marattas, Vijaynagar, Satnamis, Rajputs, Jatts, Hemu, Rana Pratap, - 50,000 at Panipat, 30-40,000 at the Seige of Chittor and finally planting the flag of Hinduism in Punjab, Peshwar, and Northern India.

Your not even mentioned in the records of the time, not by the Moghuls or even Abdali perhaps in passing reference to some rebels running around in the jungles.

Didnt even have enough power to liberate punjab had to get some south indian brahmin to do it for you. The only thing the Peshwa got was a siropa for protecting the "dignity and honour of the harimandir sahib"

Your Bagel Singh arrived in Delhi on the backs of the Marattas. and asked for permanent garrisons in Punjab to protect you against the moslems.

Abdali walked right through Punjab without any resistance from the khalsa, the only resistance was from a small maratta garrison in lahore and panipat, and later on the Nagas in Mathura.

Edited by Amandeep Hindustani

Your Bagel Singh arrived in Delhi on the backs of the Marattas. and asked for permanent garrisons in Punjab to protect you against the moslems.

Abdali walked right through Punjab without any resistance from the khalsa, the only resistance was from a small maratta garrison in lahore and panipat, and later on the Nagas in Mathura.

Stop regurgitating your wet dream of Hindu domination on here. What a pathetic little ma you are, you need some south Indian darkies to give you some pride in your history! If the Marathas were so powerful why couldn't they hole the Punjab for more than a few months? The Sikhs never asked for Maratha help, it was the other way around as everyone from Jats, Rajputs and the Marathas would ask for Sikh help against each other.

Edited by tonyhp32

Where are the brave sikhs in this battle?

The Battle of Peshawar took place in on 8 May 1758 between Maratha Empire and the Durrani Empire. The Marathas were victorious in the battle and Peshawar was captured. Before that, the fort of Peshawar was being guarded by Durrani troops under Timur Shah Durrani and Jahan Khan. After being defeated by the army of Marathas, they managed to escape the fort and fled to Afghanistan. The victory in this battle is considered a great success for Marathas as now their rule had extended to the border of Afghanistan, located 2000 km far from their capital Pune.

Aftermath[edit]

In Punjab, North-West Frontier Province and Kashmir, the Marathas were now major players.[2][3][4]Malhar Rao Holkar, the commander-in-chief of Maratha forces remained in Peshawar for three months after which he retired to Pune giving the control to Tukoji Rao Holkar with 10,000 Maratha troops to guard the fort of Peshawar from Afghans.[5] However, they were not enough to tackle the larger forces of Durrani who re-captured the city in 1759.

Why is Abdali not mentioning the Sikhs as one of the parties to the future of Punjab? Because it was the Marattas that controlled Punjab. The real power.

Abdali's letter to Peshwa on 10th February 1761. Marathi version of that letter present in Satara daftar 2.301

तुमचे आमचे वैर असण्याचे काही कारण नाही. तुमचे पुत्र विश्वासराव व बंधू सदाशिवराव युद्धात मारले गेले त्यास आमचा नाईलाज होता. भाऊसाहेब युद्धास उभे राहिले तेव्हा आम्हास हि युद्धास उभे राहणे भाग पडले. तथापि, त्यांच्या मृत्यूचा आम्हाला खेद आहे. दिल्लीचा कारभार आपण पूर्ववत चालवावा त्यास आमची काहीही हरकत नाही. मात्र सतलज पावेतोचा मुलुख आमच्याकडे असो द्यावा. शाहआलम यास दिल्लीचे तख्तावर ठेऊन झालेल्या गोष्टी विसरून पुढे आपला स्नेह कायमचा राहावा अशी आमची मनापासून इच्छा आहे ती आपण पूर्ण करावी.

There is no reason to have animosity amongst us. You son Vishwasrao and your brother sadadhivrao died in battle, was unfortunate. Bhau started the battle, so I had to fight back unwillingly. Yet I feel sorry for his death. Please continue your guardianship of Delhi as before, to that I have no opposition. Only let Punjab until Sutlaj remain with us. Reinstate Shah alam on delhi's throne as you did before and let there be peace and friendship between us, this is my ardent desire. Grant me that desire.

You did'nt do anything to stand up to the invaders. The work of countless Hindu heroes who attained Veergathi.

From the Shahis, Marattas, Vijaynagar, Satnamis, Rajputs, Jatts, Hemu, Rana Pratap, - 50,000 at Panipat, 30-40,000 at the Seige of Chittor and finally planting the flag of Hinduism in Punjab, Peshwar, and Northern India.

Your not even mentioned in the records of the time, not by the Moghuls or even Abdali perhaps in passing reference to some rebels running around in the jungles.

Didnt even have enough power to liberate punjab had to get some south indian brahmin to do it for you. The only thing the Peshwa got was a siropa for protecting the "dignity and honour of the harimandir sahib"

Please re read my post, as it seems you're missing the point.

In your brahamanistic totalitarian country, minorities are treated like "riff - raff" (as you so eloquently put it).

You have a beef with Sikhs or their religious/political movement, fine. Let's put that to one side.

What was the fault of the Muslims in Gujarat in 2002?

What was the fault of the Christians in Orrissa 2007?

What fault was/is it of the dalits who get raped and looted and killed up and down your genocidal country?

Let me guess. ..they're all extremists/taliban/jihadist/ISI/Pakistani intelligence/Afghanistan invaders...

It's nice to see how accepting your supreme society is to minority riff - raff.

In your brahamanistic totalitarian country, minorities are treated like "riff - raff" (as you so eloquently put it).

You have a beef with Sikhs or their religious/political movement, fine. Let's put that to one side.

What fault was/is it of the dalits who get raped and looted and killed up and down your genocidal country?

Let me guess. ..they're all extremists/taliban/jihadist/ISI/Pakistani intelligence/Afghanistan invaders...

What was the fault of the 1 million Hindus of Bangladesh? The pilgrims burnt alive out of the blue in Gujarat? How about the thousands of bomb blasts targeting Hindu temples, markets? What was the fault of the passengers of Air India? Or the 35,000 Hindus killed in Punjab?

What was the fault of the Kashmiri Pandits? The Bodos of Assam? The Hindus that you machine gunned?

While I'm at it what is the fault of the Nirankaris? Or Narakdaris as your Sant called them? How about that Ravidassi leader assassinated in Vienna?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1991-06-16/news/9106160467_1_punjab-sikh-militants-first-train

NEW DELHI, INDIA — Two heavily armed hit squads of Sikh militants systematically stormed two passenger trains in Punjab state Saturday, raking them with indiscriminate machine-gun fire and killing at least 110 people.

The coordinated assaults on the trains, which were forcibly stopped and raided on two separate railway lines 15 miles apart, were the most brazen and deadly attempts yet by the insurgents to force cancellations of next week's state elections, which are scheduled to give Punjab its first democratically chosen government in four years.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

The militants, who have already assassinated more than 20 candidates in the June 22 election, worked with lethal efficiency in Saturday night's railway attacks, said police officials in the state capital of Chandigarh.

The trains were stopped within 10 minutes of each other when militants on board pulled the emergency chains several miles outside the industrial city of Ludhiana, a hotbed of Sikh extremism and the site of earlier killings.

Small terrorist units, all wearing the black and orange turbans that are a trademark of Sikh militants, then stepped up to civilians aboard the trains' well-marked passenger cars and raked them with gunfire.

Police said at least 75 passengers were mowed down on the first train about 3 miles west of Ludhiana and at least 35 were killed on the second train 10 miles to the south of the city.

On Friday night, the central government in New Delhi declared Punjab a ''disturbed area,'' deploying the Indian army throughout the state and giving it broad powers to search, seize and arrest people on suspicion of wrongdoing.

''We are determined to thwart any attempts to scuttle the present elections,'' Tejendra Khanna, the state's most senior bureaucrat, said just 24 hours before the train massacres. ''We shall hold these at all costs and have an elected setup. This is a very sacred rite and has to be protected with all the might.''

Several national political parties have called on election officials to postpone or cancel the Punjab elections because of the bloodshed there, which has left nearly 2,000 dead this year.

While I'm at it what is the fault of the Nirankaris? Or Narakdaris as your Sant called them? How about that Ravidassi leader assassinated in Vienna?

For someone who clearly is very well read, you do ask some obvious questions.

Have you forgotten the shaheeds of Vaisakhi 1978, who were gunned down by the Nirankaris and the police? I'm sure you haven't, but are selectively choosing to ignore this.

As far as the Vienna shooting goes, whilst I appreciate the intentions of the Sikhs, I do not agree with the shooting in any way. I believe that the course of dialogue had not been exhausted.

Now, back to my questions. ..

What was the fault of the Muslims in Gujarat 2002, or the Christians in Orrissa 2007, or the hundreds of thousands of dalits being raped and killed up and down the country, or any of the other minority riff - raff panths?

For someone who clearly is very well read, you do ask some obvious questions.

Have you forgotten the shaheeds of Vaisakhi 1978, who were gunned down by the Nirankaris and the police? I'm sure you haven't, but are selectively choosing to ignore this.

As far as the Vienna shooting goes, whilst I appreciate the intentions of the Sikhs, I do not agree with the shooting in any way. I believe that the course of dialogue had not been exhausted.

Now, back to my questions. ..

What was the fault of the Muslims in Gujarat 2002, or the Christians in Orrissa 2007, or the hundreds of thousands of dalits being raped and killed up and down the country, or any of the other minority riff - raff panths?

I do remember the so called shaheeds of 78 tried to go on stage to behead the nirankari leader, and the santji took off in his vehicle when the bullets flew.

What is your problem with the nirankaris?

As for Gujarat and Orissa perhaps you can google it and let us know what you find.

The Battle of Peshawar took place in on 8 May 1758 between Maratha Empire and the Durrani Empire. The Marathas were victorious in the battle and Peshawar was captured. Before that, the fort of Peshawar was being guarded by Durrani troops under Timur Shah Durrani and Jahan Khan. After being defeated by the army of Marathas, they managed to escape the fort and fled to Afghanistan. The victory in this battle is considered a great success for Marathas as now their rule had extended to the border of Afghanistan, located 2000 km far from their capital Pune.

Aftermath[edit]

In Punjab, North-West Frontier Province and Kashmir, the Marathas were now major players.[2][3][4]Malhar Rao Holkar, the commander-in-chief of Maratha forces remained in Peshawar for three months after which he retired to Pune giving the control to Tukoji Rao Holkar with 10,000 Maratha troops to guard the fort of Peshawar from Afghans.[5] However, they were not enough to tackle the larger forces of Durrani who re-captured the city in 1759.

What kind of idiot garrisons Peshawar with ten thousand troops when he knows that Abdali will be back to reclaim it the next year? There was no effort to retain control of Punjab otherwise the massacre of the Marathas would have been in Peshawar rather than in Panipat a few years later.

Here is an account of the Sikhs of Qazi Noor Mohammed who accompanied Abdali on one of his invasions.

Do not call the dogs dogs, because they are lions (and) are courageous like lions in the battlefield. How can a hero, who roars like a lion be called a dog? (Moreover) like lions they spread terror in the field of battle. If you wish to learn the art of war, come face to face with them in the battlefield. They will demonstrate it (art of war) to you in such a way that one and all will shower praise on them

If you wish to learn the science of war, O swordsman, learn from them. They advance at the enemy boldly and come back safely after action. Understand, Singh is their title, a form of address for them. It is not justice to call them dogs; if you do not know Hindustani language, then understand that the word 'Singh' means a lion."Truly, they are lion in battle, and at times of peace, they surpass "Hatim" (in generosity ). When they take the Indian sword in their hands they traverse the country from Hind to Sind. None can stand against them in battle, howsoever strong he may be. When they handle the spear, they shatter the ranks of the enemy. When they raise the heads of their spears towa-rds the sky, they would pierce even through the Caucasus (in the process). When the adjust the strings of the bows, place in them the enemy killing arrows (and) pull the strings to their ears, the body of the enemy begins to shiver with fear. When their battle axes fall upon the armour of their opponents, their armour becomes their coffin.

"The body of every one of them is like a piece of rock and in physical grandeur everyone of them is more than fifty men. It is said that Behram Gore killed wild asses and lions. But if he were to come face to face with them even he would bow before them (Singhs). Besides usual arms, they take their guns in hand (and) come into the field of action jumping (and) roaring like lions and raise slogans. They tear asunder the chests of many and shed blood of several (of their enemy) in the dust. You say that musket is a weapon of ancient times, it appears to be a creation of these dpgs rather than Socrates. Who else than these (dogs) can be adept in the use of muskets. They do not bother (even if) there are innumerable muskets. To the right and the left, in front and towards the back, they go on operating hundreds of muskets angrily and regularly."

If you do not believe in what I say, you may enquire of the brave swordsmen who would tell you more than myself and would praise them for their fighting. This bears witness to (my statement) that they faced thirty thousand heroes in the battlefield. If their armies take to flight, it is a war tactics of theirs. They resort to this deception in order to make the angry army grow bold and run in their pursuit. When they find them separated from the main body and away from help and reinforcement, they at once turn back and fight more ferociously (literal translation - they set fire even to water).

"Did you not see that while fighting the Pathans, they took to flight which was deceptive. A world famous wrestler wielding high esteem and respect alight-ed from his horse and showed his great style as if he were Tuhmatan ( a great warrior of Iran). O valiant fighter, do justice to their (act of ) war. One of their armies invaded Multan and put the city to plunder and devastation and killed many of its inhabitants and carried away an immense booty. I am not sufficiently strong in mind to express what the dogs did there. But as God willed it, each of us has to submit to His Will."

Besides their fighting, listen to one more thing in which they excell all other warriors. They never kill a coward who is running away from the battlefield. They do not rob a woman of her wealth or ornaments whether she is rich or a servant ("Kaneez"). There is no adultry among these dogs, nor are they mischieveous people. A woman, whether young or old, they call a "Burhi". The word Burhi, means in Indian language, an old lady. There is no thief amongst these dogs, nor is there amongst them any mean people. They do not keep company with adulters and house thiefs though all their acts may not be commendable."

If you are not acquainted with their religion, I tell you that the Sikhs are the disciples of the Guru - that glorious Guru lived at Chak (Amritsar). The ways and manners of these people were laid down by Nanak who showed these Sikhs a separate path. He was succeeded by Guru Gobind Singh from whom they received the title of Singh. They are not part of the Hindus, who have a separate religion of their own. "Now that you have familiarised yourself with the behaviour of the Sikhs, you may also know something about their country. They have divided the Punjab amongst themselves and have bestowed it upon every young and old.

Is there anything similar from the Afghans regarding the prowess of the Punjabi Hindus or the Marathas?

Edited by tonyhp32

Here is an account of the Sikhs of Qazi Noor Mohammed who accompanied Abdali on one of his invasions.

Is there anything similar from the Afghans regarding the prowess of the Punjabi Hindus or the Marathas?

Good! Except, you didn't show up to defend your Punjab with your excellent fighting abilities.

The only thing the Peshwa got was a siropa for protecting the harimandir sahib.

Aftermath[edit]

Here they are.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=FIIQhuAOGaIC&pg=PA55&lpg=PA55&dq=sikh+maratha+battle+of+peshawar+1758&source=bl&ots=-2zLBNX2qT&sig=GXz_rN1PjiaXjcBSZ15__VgxXN0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=I0ZqVNmXK6XasATE2YCQBA&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=sikh%20maratha%20battle%20of%20peshawar%201758&f=false

Why is Abdali not mentioning the Sikhs as one of the parties to the future of Punjab? Because it was the Marattas that controlled Punjab. The real power.

Maybe it was a ruse to buy time. You know, military strategies and all that. Cos it was only a few months later, when Abdali destroyed the Marathas in Panipat. So there are two things we can deduce from this letter. Either abdali wanted to lure the Marathas into a false sense of victory/achievement/arrogance what have you, whilst he prepared for war, or he was genuinely scared of the Marhattas.

Bearing in mind the Marhattas after their heroic victory in Peshawar (aided by the Sikhs of course) became an instant chapter in their military prowess, only to be balanced by their running from Panjab, before Abdali's ankles had even got wet from the River Attock.

You decide.