Bansavalinama on Dasam Granth (Translation)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaishya

According to the Hindu Puranas etc the shudras are supposed to take care of the other three Varnas. The jatt is a vaishya according to Hindu Puranas etc.

The below is regarding Pandit Gulab Singh jee:

When his teacher there discovered that he was not a Brahman, but a Jatt, he turned him out of his seminar)7 with the rebuke that, being a sudra, he had no right to Sanskrit and Vedic education.

Unquote[1]

[1] - http://www.thesikhencyclopedia.com/biographies/sikh-mystics-and-traditional-scholars/gulab-singh-pandit

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

੧੨ : ਗੋਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਕਿਰਤ ਦੀਆਂ ਜਾਤਾਂ

ਕਿਤੜੇ ਸੂਦ ਸਦਾਇਦੇ ਕਿਤੜੇ ਕਾਇਥ ਲਿਖਣਹਾਰੇ।
Kitarhay Sood Sadaaiay Kitarhay Kaaid Likhanahaaray.
कितड़े सूद सदाइए कितड़े काइथ लिखणहारे ।
Many are Sud and many are kaith, the bookkeepers.

ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਹੀ ਬਾਣੀਏ ਕਿਤੜੇ ਭਾਭੜਿਆ ਸੁਨਿਆਰੇ।
Kaytarhiaan Hee Baaneeay Kitarhay Bhaabharhiaan Souniaaray.
केतड़िआं ही बाणीए कितड़े भाभड़िआं सुनिआरे ।
Many are traders and many more Jain goldsmiths.

ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਲਖ ਜਾਟ ਹੋਇ ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਛੀਂਬੇ ਸੈਸਾਰੇ।
Kaytarhiaan Lakh Jat Hoi Kaytarhiaan Chheenbai Saisaaray.
केतड़िआं लख जट होइ केतड़िआं छींबै सैसारे ।
In this world millions are Jats and millions are calico printers.

ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਠਾਠੇਰਿਆ ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਲੋਹਾਰ ਵਿਚਾਰੇ।
Kaytarhiaa Tdaatdayriaa Kaytarhiaan Lohaar Vichaaray.
केतड़िआ ठाठेरिआ केतड़िआं लोहार विचारे ।
Many are coppersmiths and many are considered ironsmiths.

ਕਿਤੜੇ ਤੇਲੀ ਆਖੀਅਨਿ ਕਿਤੜੇ ਹਲਵਾਈ ਬਾਜਾਰੇ।
Kitarhay Taylee Aakheeani Kitarhay Halavaaee Baajaaray.
कितड़े तेली आखीअनि कितड़े हलवाई बाजारे ।
Many are oilmen and many confectioners are available in the market.

ਕੇਤੜਿਆ ਲਖ ਪੰਖੀਏ ਕਿਤੜੇ ਨਾਈ ਤੈ ਵਣਜਾਰੇ।
Kaytarhiaan Lakh Pankheeay Kitarhay Naaee Tai Vanajaaray.
केतड़िआं लख पंखीए कितड़े नाई तै वणजारे ।
Many are messengers, many barbers and many more businessmen.

ਚਹੁ ਵਰਨਾ ਦੇ ਗੋਤ ਅਪਾਰੇ ॥੧੨॥
Chahu Varanaan Day Got Apaaray ॥12॥
चहु वरनां दे गोत अपारे ॥१२॥
In fact, in all the four varnas, there are many castes and sub castes.

This means different gots and different jaats. 

Here it means that they are many shudras and bookkeepers. Notice how they are separate. If they were one varna then bhai gurdas Ji would have written many bookkeepers are shudras etc and so on. He is just stating more jaats etc.

Also there is historical evidence that jatts actually came from Rajputs.  

I will post it shortly

This means different gots and different jaats. 

Here it means that they are many shudras and bookkeepers. Notice how they are separate. If they were one varna then bhai gurdas Ji would have written many bookkeepers are shudras etc and so on. He is just stating more jaats etc.

Also there is historical evidence that jatts actually came from Rajputs.  

I will post it shortly

The fact remains that Jatts were not put in Brahman, Khatri or Vaish categories, by Bhai saab jee. Most likely, they belong to the Shudar varna.

Some Jatts do have Rajput blood in them.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

The fact remains that Jatts were not put in Brahman, Khatri or Vaish categories, by Bhai saab jee. Most likely, they belong to the Shudar varna.

Some Jatts do have Rajput blood in them.

Bhul chuk maaf

http://www.academia.edu/1092421/Deeper_Roots_Of_The_Gill_Bhatti_Sidhu_Brar_Toor_and_Related_Jat_and_Rajput_Clans

Guest Pakistani Jatt

Jatts and Gujjars are qaums which is ethnicethnic people not caste. Gujjar is a tribe. Bakarwal is a job that any tribe can do. Only in Sikh scriptures of Bhai GurdasGurdas Vaars does it say Jatts are Sudra. But we rule Pakistan

• 1 year later...
On 04/08/2015 at 1:57 AM, BhagatSingh said:

ਬਚਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਕਟੋਰਾਂ ਜਲ ਦਾ ਸੁਚੇਤ ਕਰਿ ਲੈ ਆਉ | ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਦਿਤੀ ਕਰਦ ਕਹਿਆ ਹਿਲਾਉ |
(Guru Sahib) said bring a container filled with water. Once they brought the container, (guru sahib) gave them a knife and said to swirl (the water)

ਜਪੁ ਅਤੇ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਰਸਨੀਂ ਕਰਿ ਉਚਾਰੁ | ਤਾਂ ਦੀਵਾਨ ਸਾਹਬ ਚੰਦ ਹਥ ਜੋੜ ਖਲੋਤਾ ਵਿਚ ਦਰਬਾਰ |
Then (Guru Sahib) recited the "Jap" and "Anand" (the prayers) out loud. (Upon seeing this) Then Diwan Sahib Chand, who was standing in the court, with his hands folded,

ਕਹਿਆ ਗਰੀਬ ਨਿਵਾਜ਼ ਵਿਚ ਮਿੱਠਾ ਪਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਬਣੇ ਸੁਆਦ  |  ਬਚਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਲੈ ਆਉ ਧਰਮ ਚੰਦ ਪਤਾਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ |
requested "O Gareebniwaz (Guru Sahib), if there was sweetness then it would be tasty" . Then (Guru Sahib) said "Dharam Chand bring the Patashay Parshad (sugar chips).

ਪਤਾਸੇ ਪਵਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਕਰਦ ਹਿਲਾਈ | ਨਾਉ ਧਰਿਆ ਪਾਹੁਲ | ਇਹ ਪਾਹੁ ਲਗਾਈ |
(Guru Sahib) got the Patashay added to the bowl of water, and swirled the knife around. He called this "Pahul" (Pahul is water that is enchanted by mantr recitation).   

(Guru Sahib) said bring a clean container filled with water. Once they brought the container, (guru sahib) gave them a knife and said to swirl (the water).

Just to add a little addition to Bhagat Singhs fine translation. I was reading this over last week. It felt to me that this mention of the two banis could also be Bhai Kesar Singh talking only and only about his elders involvement in the whole ceremony. eg one of the Chibbers was stirring the water with the knife whilst Guru Sahib read Japji, and the other Chibber stirred the knife when Anand Sahib was being recited. Chibber's account is does not come across as the ceremony from the ceremonial angle, but only of the involvement of his elders.

On 21/07/2015 at 3:28 PM, BhagatSingh said:

Well I am questioning the poet part hence why I put forward my "Commission Theory". My theory is that Guru Gobind Singh ji commissioned these works. Because if he commissioned these works, then it would make sense with a lot of other things I know. And if Guru Sahib commissioned it himself, then it would be easy for Bhai Mani Singh et al to mistake that he wrote it.

Come on then Bhagat Singh Ji, lets see this theory.

On 21/07/2015 at 3:28 PM, BhagatSingh said:

My father firmly believed that Guru Sahib wrote Dasam Granth. One day I asked him then about this exactly. He said to me if Guru Gobind Singh wrote all that bani, with all the wars he was fighting, with his young age, he would have been working 24/7, with no sleep in order to do all of that.

I believe that if Guru Sahib could prepare a new saroop of Guru Granth Sahib and do katha of it in 9 months at Damdama Sahib, there really couldn't be any difficulty in writing the works of Dasam Granth, in the years between Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib's shaheeedi (1675) and internal dates in Dasam Granth (1696). It's a difference of over 20 years.

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I believe that if Guru Sahib could prepare a new saroop of Guru Granth Sahib and do katha of it in 9 months at Damdama Sahib, there really couldn't be any difficulty in writing the works of Dasam Granth, in the years between Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib's shaheeedi (1675) and internal dates in Dasam Granth (1696). It's a difference of over 20 years.

You are right Bhai saab. Maharaaj had more than 20 years to compile a Granth. Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) could have easily written a Granth (of approx.1428 pages) in one year.

Bhul chuk maaf