What is your Spiritual State during Sadness/Crying (ਰੋਵੈ ਰਾਮੁ)

Bro, can you please list those tuks?

Satguru jee is not an avtaar of a devta (Sri Vishnu jee), but of the almighty Lord.

Bhul chuk maaf

The shabad in the opening post of this thread is by Bhatts. That's the shabad I am referring to.

Regardless of what you believe. The meaning behind the story of Narad ji curse is the same. In Narad ji's religion Vishnu is considered as almighty Lord.

Maya is not the wife of Sri Vishnu jee. Maya is above the three devtas and has deceived them.

Again, regardless of what you believe. The meaning behind the story of Narad ji curse is the same. In Narad ji's religion Vishnu ji is considered as almighty Lord. And Maya is considered his wife.

ਸਰਪਨੀ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਨਹੀ ਬਲੀਆ ॥
No one is more powerful than the she-serpent Maya,
ਜਿਨਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹਾਦੇਉ ਛਲੀਆ ॥੧

who deceived even Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. ||1||

Only Satguru jee is above Maya. Maya is completely under him.

Bhul chuk maaf

Good question!

Whenever Brahma-Bishan-Mahadev, Brahma-Bishan-Mahesh are mentioned together, they are not referring to the Brahma ji, Vishnu ji and Mahadev ji individually.

It is referring to Brahma-Vishnu-Mahadev as a collective. Together.

This is actually quite complex and quite difficult to understand since it requires understanding a whole bunch of philosophies and texts. I'll try to give a brief synopsis.

So India had many many different philosophies that gave birth to countless religions.

In one philosophy, Brahma ji is almighty lord. In this philosophy, Brahma ji creates, preserves and destroys however, the followers talked about his creative trait a lot. He gives birth to the thousand petaled lotus that is a symbol of multi-layered reality, in which Brahma ji, parmatma, resides. The followers of this philosophy have all passed away.

In another philosophy, Vishnu ji is almighty lord. In this philosophy, Vishnu ji creates, preserves and destroys however, the followers talked about his preservative trait a lot. Like they talked about stories of Vishnu ji preserving Prahlaad's life, saving him from Hiranyakashap. He preserved the life of Gaj, elephant, who was ensnared by a crocodile. He preserved Dropadi's honour when she was lost in a gamble and was being molested by the winning party. Like that. Narad ji followed this philosophy.

In another philosophy, Shiv ji is almighty lord. In this philosophy, the destructive trait of the almighty lord is emphasized a lot. Shiv ji creates, preserves and destroys however, the followers emphasized his destructive trait. They talked about Shiv ji destroying things, like ignorance. There are old Nataraj moortis that show Shiv ji doing the tandav on a dwarf. The dwarf symbolizes ignorance and Nataraj is doing tandav (destructive dance), Shiv ji is destroying ignorance. Adi Shankar ji followed this philosophy.

So individually,  Brahma ji, Vishnu ji and Shiv ji capture the names and philosophies of almighty lord. Like the names - Allah, Yahweh, Waheguru.

However when mentioned together as Brahma-Vishnu-Mahesh, it is referring to the creative-preservative-destructive aspects of the almighty lord.

Maya is mother nature. So the creation, preservation and destruction happens according to mother nature's laws. However in these philosophies Maya is created by Vishnu ji.

ਬਿਸਨ ਕੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਹੋਇ ਭਿੰਨ ॥
Remain detached from Vishnu's Maya.

Ultimately Vishnu ji is above Maya and can bend her laws that he himself put in place. Bhagat Namdev ji talk about this in one of his shabads.

Bhagat Kabir ji is not exactly saying that the almighty lord is being deceived by maya. He is on one level being deceived by her by his own wish. But on another level he is the one who created her by his own wish.

Parmatma resides both inside (under the influence of) and outside (without the influence of) of maya.

So Bhagat ji is saying that with guru's grace one can get a glimpse of that aspect of almighty lord that dwells outside of maya, that aspect that is unaffected by maya.

So that's the philosophy of it.

Now

When you look inside, you see that your atma, which is parmatma, is being influenced by maya.

Maya is so powerful that is deludes you, and makes you think that things are concrete.

Have you ever looked at a table and touched it?

Knock on it.

You think it's concrete right?

It makes a sound, it bumps again the knuckle.

Feel it.

It's hard to the touch. It's solid.

This is because of maya. The table feels solid because your atma, which is parmatma, is under the influence of maya.

This hardness of the table is real. But it is not the ultimate reality. Meaning, it's not completely true that the table is hard.

Bhagat Kabir ji is saying that as you practice the teachings of the Guru. You will soon realize that "the table is not actually hard". In a nutshell... lol.

Listen to the child in this scene. He is symbolic of "guru" in this movie. With the guru's teachings, Neo realized that the spoon was not completely hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXtO5dMqEI

This movie was actually based on Indian philosophies. In the soundtracks they chant Omkar.

PS you don't have to use big red fonts to get my attention. You always have my full attention bro!

In fact, I like simple, small black fonts.

Bhagat, I respect your views. But the following are my genuine questions :

1) Once during the divans of Sant Ishar Singh Ji Rara, Sant Waryam Singh Ji's wife saw a yogi like being sitting in satsangat. Later, Sant Ishar Singh Ji told that it was Shiv Ji maharaja who came to listen to divans. If shivji  is same as Brahm, how come he was not mentioned as Brahm by Sant Ji Maharaja?

2) Why does Guru Gobind Singh Ji says  mahadev ko kahat sada siv nirankar ka cheenat nah bhiv.... People call Mahadev as Sada Shiv/ Nirankar but do not know about the real Shiv who is Nirankar ?

3) Why does Guru Gobind Singh Ji say that I do not call upon ganesh in beginning , nor do I meditate upon Vishnu or Krishna , I have heard about them but do not know about them, my liv is only on one nirankar , ?

4) Do you believe that there have been many yugas, many maha parleyas, many rams and many krishnas ?

5) How do you explain the mentioning of millions shivs, visnus & brahmas ?

6) How do you explain the story of Brahma when he was attracted to her own daughter Saraswati and committed incest ?

There are many other similar questions. I think the answers will become clear as one transcends higher & higher. But for now a lot of self inquiry is needed before jumping to any conclusions.

You do not have to answer these questions, but we need to keep these in the back of mind, before jumping to any conclusions just yet. 

I think the quintessence of everything is to keep on doing more & more Simran with Guru's grace, and eventually when Gyan comes these questions won't remain in mind. 

Edited by Ragmaala

1) Once during the divans of Sant Ishar Singh Ji Rara, Sant Waryam Singh Ji's wife saw a yogi like being sitting in satsangat. Later, Sant Ishar Singh Ji told that it was Shiv Ji maharaja who came to listen to divans. If shivji  is same as Brahm, how come he was not mentioned as Brahm by Sant Ji Maharaja?

2) Why does Guru Gobind Singh Ji says  mahadev ko kahat sada siv nirankar ka cheenat nah bhiv.... People call Mahadev as Sada Shiv/ Nirankar but do not know about the real Shiv who is Nirankar ?

3) Why does Guru Gobind Singh Ji say that I do not call upon ganesh in beginning , nor do I meditate upon Vishnu or Krishna , I have heard about them but do not know about them, my liv is only on one nirankar , ?

4) Do you believe that there have been many yugas, many maha parleyas, many rams and many krishnas ?

5) How do you explain the mentioning of millions shivs, visnus & brahmas ?

6) How do you explain the story of Brahma when he was attracted to her own daughter Saraswati and committed incest ?

There are many other similar questions. I think the answers will become clear as one transcends higher & higher. But for now a lot of self inquiry is needed before jumping to any conclusions.

You do not have to answer these questions, but we need to keep these in the back of mind, before jumping to any conclusions just yet. 

I think the quintessence of everything is to keep on doing more & more Simran with Guru's grace, and eventually when Gyan comes these questions won't remain in mind. 

Excellent points bro. To add to it:

Maharaaj wrote Sri Chaubis Avtaar Sahib jee, which talks about the 24 incarnations of Sri Vishnu jee. If Satguru jee was an avtaar of Sri Vishnu jee, then Maharaaj would have mentioned that, but it is not. The last Avtaar of Sri Vishnu jee (Sri Kaalkee jee) is yet to come.

Raagmala paaji: Sri Brahma jee was about to commit incest, but did not commit it. Details in the next post.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro, please read below, to understand how maya deceived all the three devtas (demi-Gods).

In short:

-  Sri Brahma jee was about to commit incest.

-  Sri Vishnu jee committed the sin of extra-martial sex.

-  Sri Mahesh jee killed his own son (victim of anger) and lusted after Sri Mohini avtaar.

ਸਰਪਨੀ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਨਹੀ ਬਲੀਆ ॥

No one is more powerful than the she-serpent Maya,

ਜਿਨਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹਾਦੇਉ ਛਲੀਆ ॥੧

who deceived even Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. ||1||

Sri Brahma jee.jpg

Sri Vishnu jee.jpg

Sri Vishnu jee-2.jpg

Sri Vishnu jee-3.jpg

Sri Mahesh jee.jpg

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Bro, please read below, to understand how maya deceived all the three devtas (demi-Gods).

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro I don't think you know understand these stories at all. Like I said put aside the books and start meditating, you will receive real knowledge that way. The meditation will give you clarity into the words you have been reading. Without that it's all crap.

These are not humans that the stories are describing. The stories are describing spiritual concepts and reality.

They are abstract ideas packaged into a bite-sized story format however you are too busy with reading books that you don't see it.

You think Brahma is some man down the street, who somehow gave birth to a girl through his penis and then mutated into 4 faces due to incestuous lust for her.

Get a grip dude.

That is talking about a deeper truth about reality, about Parmatma, if only you study it and meditate on it.

But before you can do that, admit that you do not understand it and then go on a quest to understand it!

Look I said to meditate several times to find these answers but again, you probably won't listen and will probably continue doing whatever you want to do.

Fine if you don't want to meditate and find answers like that? Ok

Let me give you another method.

Everytime it says the name 'Brahma', 'Vishnu' or 'Shiv', just replace that name with the name 'Karta Purakh', 'Parmatma' or 'Waheguru', etc and now go back re-think about what that story means.

Where he say "Brahma nu kiven chhaleya?"

Substitute, "Waheguru nu kiven chhaleya?" Think about the answer from an abstract perspective.

You know what Waheguru is, right? Apply that knowledge to the story to extract the meaning of the story.

Can you do this simple task?

But for now a lot of self inquiry is needed before jumping to any conclusions.

Lol before you even let me answer, you conclude "You don't have answers" haha.

I am pulling your leg.

I know these are genuine questions you have.

You have been thinking about them for a while and because of insufficient data, you believe whatever you believe right now.

I get it.

But for now a lot of self inquiry is needed before jumping to any conclusions.

we need to keep these in the back of mind, before jumping to any conclusions just yet. 

Speak for yourself.

Guru Sahib says, all answers are obtained through meditation, through transcendence, yes?

Then he gives homework, something to do to achieve the higher and higher state of transcendence, yes?

I did all the homework he gave, in my home, I got the results, I took my tests back to him and he corrected my wrong answers.

So you are assuming that I don't know the answer to your questions. That's fine. If your heart says Bhagat doesn't know anything. Then go with with your heart. It saves us both time.

However if your heart says that Bhagat might know a thing or two. Then ask your questions again, ready to contemplate the answer for long periods. I will answer them all one by one.

Bhagat, I don't have a doubt that you know the answers. 

But I speak for myself when I say self inquiry , grace & simran is needed before I reach any conclusions. I always keep an open attitude towards different interpretations. 

If you want to help a fellow brother, you should provide the methods of meditation used to receive answers.   

Edited by Ragmaala

Bhagat, I don't have a doubt that you know the answers. 

But I speak for myself when I say self inquiry , grace & simran is needed before I reach any conclusions. I always keep an open attitude towards different interpretations. 

If you want to help a fellow brother, you should provide the methods of meditation used to receive answers.   

Yea that's what I notice when I read your posts, that you are generally very open-minded about things.

Open-mindedness will lead to correct understanding only when you willingly consider methods of thinking outside of your current paradigm (frame of mind).

For example Question 6 -

"6) How do you explain the story of Brahma when he was attracted to her own daughter Saraswati and committed incest ?"

1. One of the mistakes people make, is thinking that Brahma is referring some man or something. So first recognize that these names are not referring to any man or woman. In certain Indian religions, in certain philosophies, Brahma is the name of Karta Purakh. So when you read his story, you have to keep that in mind and read the story while recognizing that these are ultimately abstract things that you are reading about.
Otherwise you'll get nothing out of it. It will just be a story. However the story is written for the purpose of explaining spiritual phenomenon. So it must be read correctly in order to understand it.

2. There are many different Indian religions and philosophies. Followers of one religion, do not worship, care about or give high standard to the other religions. So Brahma ji is Karta Purakh in certain religions. In those religions, his image is associated with the almighty God. In other religions, those followers worship someone else so they don't care about Brahma or the philosophy about him, they will say Brahma is created by this other God, and so on and so forth.

The three philosophies ( and related religions) mentioned in the linked post, are all distinct. Their followers do no care about the God of other religions.http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/17000-what-is-your-spiritual-state-during-sadnesscrying-ਰੋਵੈ-ਰਾਮੁ/?do=findComment&comment=153082

3. Sometimes certain leaders will purposefully tell their followers not to follow other religions. Case in point Bhagat Nam Dev ji.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16943-please-discuss-this-gurbani-pankti/?do=findComment&comment=152585
In your Gurbani pankti discussion thread, I wrote a response that I think you might have missed. Anyways, here I explain why Bhagat Namdev ji is telling people to worship only Ram and not Shiv, Bhairav, etc.

There are multiple religions in India and because of that it is easy to become distracted and not gain anything out of them.

3. Sometimes certain leaders will purposefully tell their followers not to follow other religions. Case in point Bhagat Nam Dev ji.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16943-please-discuss-this-gurbani-pankti/?do=findComment&comment=152585
In your Gurbani pankti discussion thread, I wrote a response that I think you might have missed. Anyways, here I explain why Bhagat Namdev ji is telling people to worship only Ram and not Shiv, Bhairav, etc.

Paaji, there is only one God. This is the fundamental principle of Sikhism. 

During those times, some people worshiped devtay as God, which was wrong. Srimaan Bhagat Baba Namdev jee Maharaaj preached people to worship the Almighty Lord (God), rather than any demi-Gods (devtay). He did start with Sargun Upaashna when he was young, but then moved into Nirgun Upaashna.

Bhagat jee told people to worship Raam, the Almighty Lord, which exists everywhere, rather than Sri Raam Chandar jee, an incarnation of a Demi-God.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Not long ago , I heard someone who mentioned something interesting about the Ramayana: for example the Pavan Putra Hanuman , The breath, when it goes to Lanka, The muladhara chakra, the fire starts, kundalini is ignited, which led to the union of Sita & Ram, the jeev & parmatama. It was an interesting way of telling things through a story. 

So there is some truth to the fact that stories sometimes explain deeper or abstract concepts. There are layers and layers of meanings, and depending on the persons level of realization, the stories, & words will have different interpretations for that person. However, It does not mean one interpretation is wrong and other is right, just different states of mind. 

Not long ago , I heard someone who mentioned something interesting about the Ramayana: for example the Pavan Putra Hanuman , The breath, when it goes to Lanka, The muladhara chakra, the fire starts, kundalini is ignited, which led to the union of Sita & Ram, the jeev & parmatama. It was an interesting way of telling things through a story. 

So there is some truth to the fact that stories sometimes explain deeper or abstract concepts. There are layers and layers of meanings, and depending on the persons level of realization, the stories, & words will have different interpretations for that person. However, It does not mean one interpretation is wrong and other is right, just different states of mind. 

No.

Not all interpretations are correct.

Not all characters are the same.

Ram Chandar ji, Krishan ji and Hanuman ji etc are historical characters.

Brahma ji, Shiv ji, Vishnu ji are abstract ideas, who are being talked about in a bite-sized story format.

Hanuman ji when he burns the lanka, is a plausible event. It's possible for someone to light a fire and use that torch to burn down a city. So this is talking primarily about an event that took place done by a body. Now you could derive spiritual wisdom out of that, and that would be fine.

Both interpretations work.

However it's not possible for a man to give birth to a child through his penis and then grow four heads. Since this is not actually possible, the story-teller is trying to tell you something else that is hidden in what appears to be an absurd story.

This absurd spin on Brahma ji's story was probably done by anti-Brahma missionaries back in the day. Because the actual story is not so absurd and when you really think about it, you will see what it is talking about.

It's just like the story about Varaha, the boar incarnation who lifts up the earth, is not actually a story about a boar lifting up the earth. ;)

Edit: it's called 'allegory'.

Edited by BhagatSingh

Brahma ji, Shiv ji, Vishnu ji are abstract ideas, who are being talked about in a bite-sized story format.

Bro, all the above three Devtays exist and are not just mere abstract ideas.

However it's not possible for a man to give birth to a child through his penis and then grow four heads. Since this is not actually possible, the story-teller is trying to tell you something else that is hidden in what appears to be an absurd story.

God can do anything. Why cannot a person have four heads? There are people, who are born with two heads. Please have a look below:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kid+with+two+heads&biw=1366&bih=705&tbm=isch&imgil=NUfT3jyF7wU0GM%3A%3BEbOhF0uW5JIeoM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.emirates247.com%252Fnews%252Femirates%252Findian-baby-with-2-heads-clings-to-life-2014-03-18-1.542062&source=iu&pf=m&fir=NUfT3jyF7wU0GM%3A%2CEbOhF0uW5JIeoM%2C_&dpr=1&usg=__yihu8LS6RZOnusJ78sgTY7-i_L0%3D&ved=0CCgQyjdqFQoTCNWg_Pvf4scCFYZ5PgodKtsP8w&ei=MF_sVdXIM4bz-QGqtr-YDw#imgrc=NUfT3jyF7wU0GM%3A&usg=__yihu8LS6RZOnusJ78sgTY7-i_L0%3D

It's just like the story about Varaha, the boar incarnation who lifts up the earth, is not actually a story about a boar lifting up the earth. ;)

Sri Varaha jee lifting the earth is a fact, not fiction. The story might have varying layers of interpretation, but the actual physical happening of the event, cannot be denied.

This absurd spin on Brahma ji's story was probably done by anti-Brahma missionaries back in the day. Because the actual story is not so absurd and when you really think about it, you will see what it is talking about.

The moral of the above story is simple. Sri Brahma jee is not God, as he became a victim of lust. Give him respect, but don't think of him as an ultimate creator.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro you are jumping way ahead of me here.
I am waiting for your response to this.

Bro, Bhagat Baba Naamdev jee Maharaaj used to worship Sri Vishnu jee, when he was young. There is no doubt about that. But, as he moved ahead in spirituality, he started doing Bhagtee of the Almighty Lord and attained Brahamgyan.

The Sakhi in the other post, where Sri Vishnu jee comes to protect Bhagat jee does not prove that Sri Vishnu jee is God. In fact, Bhagat jee had darshan of God in 72 different forms (dog, lion, Mughal, idol, etc).

Does that mean, we should start worshiping lions, dogs and idols?

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Excellent points bro.

Hanumaan can also refer to a Mantar (Hanumant). This does not mean that Sri Hanumaan jee did not exist physically.

Bhul chuk maaf

So he stopped later on?
Where is the evidence?

Bro, the evidence is clear when you read Bhagat jee's Gurbani. 

Paaji, you have to remember that when Bhagat jee lived, the Almighty Lord (God) had not incarnated. Before God's arrival ( in the form of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj), some bhagats (when young) worshiped Sri Vishnu jee. Later, when they moved ahead in spirituality, they realized the creator of all these devtays and only worshiped him.

Gurparsaad, will provide an example.

Bhul chuk maaf

Paaji, you have to remember that when Bhagat jee lived, the Almighty Lord (God) had not incarnated.

Bro you should read his bani in Gurmukhi without consulting so-called "scholars" who have their own agenda.

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਤੂ ਮਾਤਾ ਦੇਵਕੀ ॥
Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Devaki;

ਜਿਹ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਰਮਈਆ ਕਵਲਾਪਤੀ ॥੨॥
into your home the all-pervading Husband of Kamla (Maya/Mata Lakshmi), Vishnu, was born. ||2||

I am working on a thread on Bhagat Namdev ji where I will clear up these misconceptions.

I'll see you there.

Bro you should read his bani in Gurmukhi without consulting so-called "scholars" who have their own agenda.

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਤੂ ਮਾਤਾ ਦੇਵਕੀ ॥
Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Devaki;

ਜਿਹ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਰਮਈਆ ਕਵਲਾਪਤੀ ॥੨॥
into your home the all-pervading Husband of Kamla (Maya/Mata Lakshmi), Vishnu, was born. ||2||

I am working on a thread on Bhagat Namdev ji where I will clear up these misconceptions.

I'll see you there.

Paaji, to understand the above Shabad, one needs to know its uthanka. The above shabad was narrated to a Krishan Upashak. He requested Bhagat jee to praise Sri Krishan jee.

Bhagat jee also saw God in a lion and a dog. Should we start equating Lions and Dogs with God? We have to remember that Bhagat jee has Braham darishtee. He is seeing God in everything. In the above shabad, he is indirectly praising the Almighty Lord (God) by giving reference to Sri Krishan jee. He is not stating that Sri Krishan jee is Almighty himself.

ਕਵਲਾਪਤੀ - refers to Husband of Mata Lachmee jee, not Maya. Some people do refer Mata Lachnee jee as Maya, but Maya is above all devis and devtays. 

Anyways, make a new thread on it.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

I'll see you there.

Paaji, Daas would highly recommend that you read Amir Bhandar teeka (if you haven't yet), before you make a new thread. It goes into more depth than Fareedkotwala teeka. It was also written by a great Mahapurakh, Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Kirpal Singh jee, who at one time, was the head of Amritsari Taksal and Sewapanthi sect.

Bhul chuk maaf

Paaji, Daas would highly recommend that you read Amir Bhandar teeka (if you haven't yet), before you make a new thread. It goes into more depth than Fareedkotwala teeka. It was also written by a great Mahapurakh, Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Kirpal Singh jee, who at one time, was the head of Amritsari Taksal and Sewapanthi sect.

Bhul chuk maaf

Will do.

I will make a new thread about Namdev ji. Agree to disagree bro.