WHY PEOPLE GO TO SAINTS!!!! ONLY GURU GRANTH JI......

khalistani you beleive sant ji bachan differently then mine (your interpertation is different that mine). I say, we are both right in our own ways. Lets all leave it that.

If taksal is against this that is good. But i seriously dont beleive, you can put Do's And Don't in front of student in regards to their teacher. For me, its a very very personal relationship towards my Guru- Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar and my murshad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dont need to show off or anything by doing matha taikna in front. This is again done by individual choice so its not really a show off As you know gurbani mentions: No one and I mean No One can judge devotee's sharda. He himself knows.

Prem di Kheda, Premi Hiii Janaaaaaaaaaaie (Sant maharaj rara sahib used to say very often)

We are not in stage yet to judge "Premi dedication towards akaal purkh" neither we will!

over and out!

when working out, you have someone to spot you.

when learning, you have a teacher.

when playing on a team, you have people to support you and a captain...

in essence, a sant is the expression of an autonomous god....who can show us to step up our game!

even a "sant" can't talk without god's hukam...

so my belief is simple, if you can learn...and build virtue with someone who will reinforce your conviction and give a few tips...by all means do so....

but if you go to a sant for "just" boons...don't kid yourself, you probably aren't interested in god anyway

tata

Off coz its only guru granth sahib ji.. but whos goin to show you the way from guru granth sahib ji???

you are sort of makin a notion that you can gain salvation alone with guru granth sahib ji... cmon no matter how hardcore you are... you do rely on other gursikhs, scholars and saints to help you through it... :D

hmm, the aim of a sikh is to reach waheguru by following the teachings of Guru Granth sahib jee. Sants arent needed to be able to reach waheguru as we have Guru Granth sahib jee. However, Sants and gursikhs as Neo has pointed out later in the post, help you understand the word of Guru Granth sahib jee.

i personally think sants, jathas etc add a lot of heirachy to sikhi. When its supposed to be just, two main steps

Follow the Gurus

Reach God

hmm, the aim of a sikh is to reach waheguru by following the teachings of Guru Granth sahib jee. Sants arent needed to be able to reach waheguru as we have Guru Granth sahib jee. However, Sants and gursikhs as Neo has pointed out later in the post, help you understand the word of Guru Granth sahib jee.

i personally think sants, jathas etc add a lot of heirachy to sikhi. When its supposed to be just, two main steps

It is very difficult for a person to reach guru ji without the sangat of true sants or kirpa from a pooran murshad .

it is said that we need guru ji to meet with god . and we have our guru ji .

but still according to me it is compulsory to have a pooran murshad to meet with guru ji . since you meet with guru ji u automatically unite with god .

murshad is necessary .

examples :

baba Nand singh ji became pooran through his murshad baba maha harnam singh ji bhucho kalan wale .

baba ishar singh ji kaleran wale became pooran through baba nand singh ji .

baba ishar singh ji rare sahib wale became pooran through his murshad sant attar singh ji reru sahib wale .

there r also amny examples .

MURSHADS r necessary .

And the murshad that you choose you should also be POORA brahmgyani .

i don't think you will find such murshads easily . they r very rare . they r gupt . only if u have bhagti then u can be able to meet them .

saints r very necessary . only true saints .

wjkk wjkf

guru khalsa wrote :

The saints are Guru Sahib and any other Avtar that Akaal purkah je sahai put on this maya filled sansar.

you r totally wrong, buddy .

guru sahib are not saints . THey R GOD...............

even the dogs of guru Nanak have so much power that if u touch the charan dhoor of their feet u willl become saint .

guru ji r not saints they r so much above that . they r sargun saroop of GOD .they have the power of making saints .

Relying on other Gursikhs and getting inspiration is not wrong in Sikhism. It makes it bad when people start worshipping them and ignore the "Shabad Guru" and treat it like another book of their library. It is clear that once you start understanding Shabad Guru then you start understanding everything. I would say respect scholars, saints and other great Sikhs but don't become blind in your devotion and start relying on them. There is clear idea of getting salvation in Guru Granth Sahib just try to contemplate.

The problem is that most of the farmer community of Punjab had "Jathera worship" and they still practice it and thats what leads to blind devotion in any human saints.

I believe in respecting all great Sikhs and saints because without them it is hard for us to be human let alone Sikh as they spread the word of humanity & love but our blind faith should not become enemy of their existence.

We have clear quote “Khalsa Mera satguru poora†so there is no need to set up any dera for every individual. Any "Khalsa" who believes in Gurus Sikhism and keeps “rehat†of Guru Gobind Singh is satguru.

Sorry! if I offended anyone but these are my views on this topic.

just like many other topics, as much as it is discussed, gonna come to no real conclusion cause both parties gonna stick to their guns. I can truthfully say, I dont know the truth, so cant argue on this. Only one who has experienced the truth can talk about the truth, cause its meaningless talking about the sweatness of honey without tasting it.

hope have not offended anyone. All I say is, its all good! Read gurbani and understand it. Enjoy! Be happy!

fateh ji