Planting churches in India

shaheediyan

News Source: www.tehelka.com

Extracts from “THOSE THAT SHALL DELIVER…â€

By the mid-1990s, when "spying missions" were despatched to India by US-based transnational missionary organisations (TMOs), it was part of the larger conversion mission, AD2000 and Joshua Project. Abraham's commentary in a film produced by Agape reveals that "by the mid-1990s, a growing realisation for the need for a systematic church planting effort covering the entire state was gaining momentum. We held a systematic grassroots level harvest force research in 1998 and the results were an eye-opener for us. There were 262 pin code areas in Punjab without any churches in 1998. In the next three years, however, all the 491 postal code areas in the state gained entry into the church map." This was possible due to the research and survey conducted by Brother Issac Dutta, research coordinator, Punjab, Operation Agape. "God gave me the burden of Punjab in 1997. I started my research in 1997. My team and I visited 1,100 Christian workers in the whole of Punjab, collecting data from them on who was working in different villages, blocks and districts," Dutta explained.

The North India Harvest Network, also started by Abraham, used the 'Pin Code survey' conducted by the Indian Missions Association, Chennai, to generate ethno-graphic data in the North Indian states. The data has armed the US intelligence agencies for they now have unparalleled access to the remotest corners of India and are-again, pincer like-bringing areas into "the fold" by secretly unleashing pastors in different blocks and districts.

Operation Agape has, for example, been instrumental in producing over 3,000 'house-churches' in Madhya Pradesh in the last six years. Their conversion figure stands at a record number of "60,000 to 70,000" converts. "Our methods have become a model for churches all across India," says Abraham. "The house-church movement does not strive for buildings. We do not believe in buildings. Traditional churches are dying. The Anglican church in England is dying. The house-church movement is the spirit of God. Ludhiana is a city where the church has done really well. Now we are dreaming of a church in every colony. Fifty percent colonies in Ludhiana and 60 percent villages in Punjab have churches now," he told Tehelka.

Planting churches in India

Operation Agape is supported by Christian Aid, a US-based conversion-funding agency, run by Rev Bob Finley, a loyal supporter of President Bush. The mission headquarters of this operation is Agape Bhawan, located within the Christian Medical College in Ludhiana. Abraham was extremely evasive about answering questions on Operation Agape, but a video CD produced by AGAPE foundation, which is in Tehelka's possession, is explicit about the movement.

The film on Operation Agape interviews Rev C George, who claims to have begun the church planting movement in Punjab: "I had great concern for Punjab…Then the Lord very definitely, specifically asked me to go to the state of Punjab and do whatever possible so that the people will come to know that Operation Blue Star or Operation Black Thunder did not help, but operation of God's love will be the solution to the problem of Punjab."

Simply put, the strategy is to plant a church in every village and urban colony and notch up a figure of 100,000 churches in the state by 2010. "We cannot say we have any challenge here because Punjab is open. All religions are respected and we can go freely to everybody. The most difficult states to evangalise are Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh because extremist Hindus are there," says Simon P George, manager, Punjab Bible College, Hiran (near Ludhiana).

URL: http://www.tehelka.com/story_main.asp?file...013004qaeda.asp

Again - real problem is the poor treatment of the lower classes - if they had a sense of equality based belonging in any Indian faith - these decieptful missioneries woulf fail miserably - and even receive a hostile response from those that they were trying to convert, rather than a hostile response fromt the upper classes (inc Sikhs) who are worried about their waning influence.

Initially Muslim population recruited heavily from lower classes, same for Sikhi later on (of their own free will) - but now due to these peoples brahman behaviour - the lower classes are fodder for organised Christians.

Again - real problem is the poor treatment of the lower classes - if they had a sense of equality based belonging in any Indian faith - these decieptful missioneries woulf fail miserably - and even receive a hostile response from those that they were trying to convert, rather than a hostile response fromt the upper classes (inc Sikhs) who are worried about their waning influence.

Initially Muslim population recruited heavily from lower classes, same for Sikhi later on (of their own free will) - but now due to these peoples brahman behaviour - the lower classes are fodder for organised Christians.

That is not entirely accurate. These American missionaries would still convert people regardless if they were discriminated against or not. In Isreal, these missionaries try to convert Jews even though there is no such thing as class/racial/caste discrmination in between the Jews. Yet they are converting Jews. But the Jews are fighting back NOT violently but by countering their parchaar.

Regardless if Sikhs were discrminating, they would still have tried to convert Sikhs. They only do this to Hindus and Sikhs because Hindus/Sikhs are a soft target. The Muslims are more well trained to counter these American Christian missionaries. Muslims counter the American missionaries physically and intellectually.

Sikhs need to start countering these missionaries by doing Parchar against them. I have started to read the King James bible and I have to say that compared to Sikh or even Hindu scriptures, it is far below the Dharma faiths of India. You cannot compare it Dharma scriptures like SGGS, Bhagawad Gita, Buddhist Cannons. If Sikhs were to counter their Parchar, these Christians would not be able to stand against us.

"But the Jews are fighting back NOT violently but by countering their parchaar"

Thats fine. But I would say a more intelligent and civilsed way to do this would be to educate the masses about Sikhi, rather than criticise another faith.

Still comes down to treatment.. No point being proud of a great spiritual tradition when you cannot even treat the unfortunate with respect and equality. Guru Sahiban gave love and respect to people of all faiths and jaaths - that is why people listened to them. Through listening to them they then follwed them.

we are stuck at the "getting people to listen to us" due to our illtreament - so no point propogating our great tradition alone as the answer.

Actions speak louder than words.

Thats fine. But I would say a more intelligent and civilsed way to do this would be to educate the masses about Sikhi, rather than criticise another faith.

But that's just it. One of the many methods these American Christian missionaries employ is to criticize another person's faith. They gather some negative points about another religion and they attack on those points.

The last few weeks I have had a few Christian missionaries coming over to my house trying to convert me. They gave me the bible to read. At first they were not aggressive. But recently they have started getting more aggressive to the point where they try to criticize Sikhi and tell me to convert to Christianity. Unknown to them is that I was also preparing to counter all of their possible negative points and to actually go on the offensive and question THEIR religion because A STRONG OFFENCE IS THE BEST DEFENCE is how I see it. I did this by highlighting and tick marking all the negative and contradictory points in their bible (which they gave me!). They have no answer to them! They are left speechless. That is how you counter their Parchaar. This is how the Muslims and Jews counter them and that is the only language they understand.

I have had to deal with Jahova Witnesses, Mormons and Evangelical Christians. The Evangelicals are the biggest villains of them all. They are Christian fanatics, and they are the ones I’m dealing with right now. The Jahova Witnesses and Mormons are easy to counter since they have some really screwed up beliefs and history, but these Evangelists are Christian purists and it is THEY that are doing Parchaar right now in Punjab.

We need to be well informed not only about OUR Dharm but also about THEIR Dharm.