Sant Satinam Singh Ji Ragi in the UK

tSingh

A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate to travel back from India with Sant Satinam Singh Ji. Although I knew of him, I'd not met him in person before and we got talking. For those of you who don't know, he is an expert proponent of Kirana Gharana. He is the mahant of the Sant Satinam Singh Udasin Ashram in Jalandhar. I know him through a Nirmala Sant who is a shish of his. Our flight was delayed in Amritsar for four hours, which passed like minutes while Sant Ji quietly demonstrated different aspects of khyal most beautifully. Not only is he an expert in raag vidya he also has a sound grounding in traditional shaastar vidya (he studied in Haridvar with an Udasin svami).

He's in the UK for a few weeks teaching the shish he made on his first visit. He mentioned that he's giving a private performance at some point. I think he will be initially based in Gravesend with the someone linked to the Ramgharia Gurdwara (possibly, i think).

If anyone would like to have his darshan then please pm me as I have a contact number for the family he is staying with.