The Upanishads And Gita In Gurbani

Zylotol:

According to the Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam Krishna is Brahman,

He thought he was Akaal Purkh too.....

As Xylitol pointed out, Guru Sahib was/is sargun saroop of Waheguru themselves, so you can't compare them to Devi/Devte/Avtaars.

He thought he was Akaal Purkh too.....

As Xylitol pointed out, Guru Sahib was/is sargun saroop of Waheguru themselves, so you can't compare them to Devi/Devte/Avtaars.

There is a huge difference between saying i m akaal purkh in humaie and saying i m akaal purkh(sohang - sohang so jaa ko hai jaap ||

jaa ko lipath n hoe pu(n)n ar paap ||6|| ang- 1162 ) in gyan avastha. How can we say that sri krishan ji indeed said that i m akaal purkh in humaie when he said this to arjuna. , we were not there in dvapar yug at that moment, nor the author which talks about this in articles.

Please listen to gyan thakur singh ji katha of japji sahib, between 1- 10 files i don't remember which one? He clearly shares an sakhi of sri guru angad dev ji talking to sri guru nanak dev ji, how he is seeing mein hi mein in everything. Guru nanak dev ji said, this is gyan avastha purkha but forewarns don't mention to this agyan jaigaso, they may go astray or considers you being with ahankar.

This is exactly whats happening in this thread guys. Matheen, there seems to be an bias in your posts regarding previous hari avtars like- ram, krishan maharaj. i have no intentions of changing your opinions in this matter, after all if sakhi of krishan maharaj/ram chandar shared by sant isher singh ji rara sahib ji and sant jagjit singh ji take on the topic of previous avtars like- ram, krishan and previous avtars status via gurbani tuks/bhai gurdas ji varan cannot change your opinion on this matter, how can i (regular joe blow) change what you believe in?

Lets focus on common ground that we all believe in which is without any question- sri guru nanak dev ji dev nirankar is considered guru avtar in kaliyuga.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji does talk about the Geeta and the Upanishads in his Sri Guru Sarbloh Granth (Sri Mangalacharan Ji)

ਰਾਜ ਪਲਾਸੀ ਬਖਸ਼ਸ਼ ਹਜੂਰ ਕਬਿੳੁਬਾਚੁ॥

ਅੈਸੇ ਗੁਣ ਹਰਿ ਖਾਲਸਹਿ ਬਖਸ਼ੈ, ਭਗਤਿ, ਗਯਾਨੀ, ਰਾਜਜੋਗੇਸ੍ਵਰ ॥

God has blessed the Khalsa with virtues such as those of bhagats, gianis, raj yogis

ਛਤ੍ਰਿਯ ਬ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਅਨਨਯੁਪਾਸਕ, ਤਯਾਗੀ ਹਠੀ ਸੂਰ ਭਵਨੇਸ੍ਵਰ ॥

Kshatriyas, those who perform religious rites for others, worshippers of one God, those who live apart from others, ascetics, warriors, masters who bestride the world

ਗ੍ਰਾਹੀ ਸੁਭ ਤਯਾਗਿ ਬਿਵਰਜਿਤਿ ਸ਼੍ਰਤਯਾਦਯੰ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖ ਪਰਮੇਸ੍ਵਰ ॥ ਗੀਤਾ ੳੁਪਨਿਸਦਿਨ ਮਹਾ ਵਾਰਯ, ਰਹਿਨੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਗਯਾਨਿ ਬ੍ਰਿਤੇਸ਼੍ਵਰ ॥੫॥

Hearing what God tells them in the scriptures, in the noble words of the (Bhagavad) Gita and the Upanishads, they follow the auspicious, avoiding what is evil and live as devout and knowledgeable people.

ਅਸੁ ਖਾਲਸਹਿ ਖਾਲਸ ਪਦ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤਿ, ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰਿ ਸੁ ਸ੍ਵਰੂਪ ਮਹਾਨੰ ॥ਰਹਾੳੁ॥

The Khalsa attained purity, as great as the One (nirankaar) who is above every stain

ਗੁਰੁ ੳੁਪਦੇਸ ਸਿਖਨ ਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਭਾਸਨਿ, ਮੁੱਦ੍ਰਿਤ ਕੱਛ ਕੇਸ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨੰ ॥

To the Sikhs this teaching of the Guru is given, that these three must be your signs: kachh, kesh, kirpan

(chapter 5, adiyaay punjvah of sri sarbloh guru granth sahib)

I found that while reading through Sri Sarbloh Granth, it does talk about similar things that the Geeta talks about. There are whole sections that deal with the difference between Sargun and Nirgun worship. I believe one line is that it says Nirgun worship is sab utaam (above all). I found that interesting because in the Gita it says that sargun worship is probably best (if im not mistaken).

Matheen: is'nt there a shabad in Gurbani saying that Akal Purakh took the form of Ram Chander and Krisnha? does'nt that mean that these were avatars of Akal Purakh and not vishnu? im reffering to the shabad of Guru Arjan where all the hari avatars of the past are mentioned and their names and actions are praised

Here is another from the vaars.

ਰਾਮਚੰਦੁ ਕਾਰਣ ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਵਸਿ ਹੋਆ ਦੇਹਿਧਾਰੀ ।

raamachandu kaaran karan kaaran vasi hoaa dayhidhaaree|

Due to some reason, Lord, the cause of all the causes assumed the form of Ramchandr.

http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?word=cha...31&pauri=20