Dasam Grath Question

ਤ੍ਵਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਪਾਧੜੀ ਛੰਦ ॥

त्वप्रसादि ॥ पाधड़ी छंद ॥

BY THY GRACE PAADHARI STANZA

ਤੁਮ ਕਹੋ ਦੇਵ ਸਰਬੰ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥ ਜਿਮ ਕੀਓ ਆਪ ਕਰਤੇ ਪਸਾਰ ॥

तुम कहो देव सरबं बिचार ॥ जिम कीओ आप करते पसार ॥

I relate to thee all the thoughts, O Gurudeva (Or O Gurudeva! Tell me all the musings) how the Creator created the expanse of the world?

ਜੱਦਪਿ ਅਭੂਤ ਅਨਭੈ ਅਨੰਤ ॥ ਤਉ ਕਹੋ ਜਥਾ ਮਤ ਤ੍ਰੈਣ ਤੰਤ ॥੧॥੨੩੧॥

ज्दपि अभूत अनभै अनंत ॥ तउ कहो जथा मत त्रैण तंत ॥१॥२३१॥

Although the Lord is Elementless, Fearless and Infinite, then how did He extend the texture of this world? 1.231.

Who is gurus gurdeva? Or is the translation wrong?

A different translation says: (note how different this is from the one on Srigranth.com - just shows that we shouldn't rely on translations ). One possible meaning is " All do 'veechar' and call you 'dev' (guru)....."

By Thy Grace. Padhree Chhand.

O respected Guru! Tell me the entire perspective how the creator created the expanse (of this Universe).

Although He is without elements, fearless and fathomless; however according to common sense, I tell you His doctrine.(1)(231)

He is originator of all, merciful, Lord of creation and compassionate. He is without ambiguity, without elements, without dread and is the Treasury of pity.

He is a gigantic bestower; is without agony and without blame. All the Vedas announce Him as boundless.(2)(232)

He has created many high and low. He has influence on all sides, the nearer and across inclusive.

One whom all living beings are familiar with, why, O stupid mind, do you not wait upon Him ?(3)(233)

Many stupid fools worship idols with the basil leaves. Many ascetics and practitioners deify the Sun.

Many (Muslims) prostrate in prayer in the direction opposite to the sunrise (Westwards). God is one but many consider Him as dual (4)(234)

without checking in a steek or listening to any katha on this, this is my opinion, take it for what its worth...

ਤੁਮ ਕਹੋ ਦੇਵ ਸਰਬੰ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥ ਜਿਮ ਕੀਓ ਆਪ ਕਰਤੇ ਪਸਾਰ

O (ਦੇਵ) praksash roop/ poojan jog vaahiguroo, please (ਕਹੋ) tell me ਸਰਬੰ ਬਿਚਾਰ of how (ਤੁਮ) you of how you made the universe

even if you take dev to mean gurdev, guru gobind singh ji makes it clear who their guru is in chaupaee sahib - aad ant ekai avtaaraa. soee guru samjhihu hamaraa