Uk Cracks Down On Tantriks, Babas, And Psychics

Kaljug

From here:

http://sikhsangat.org/2009/08/uk-cracks-do...as-and-psychics

See bolded section. I think I'm in the wrong job!

- K.

-- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London, UK: British authorities are cracking down on the many tantriks, babas and psychics who prey on the fears and desires of the Asian community by promising them remedies, everlasting love and good fortune.

Most newspapers published in Indian languages in London carry hundreds of advertisements from such individuals, promising ‘100 per cent guarantee’ of love and riches, or promising to cure cancer and lift curses.

The soothsayers industry is said to be worth 40 million pounds every year.

Now, authorities in the east Midlands town of Leicester, better known as ‘Little India’, have announced a campaign against such babas and tantriks, most of whom have origins in the Indian sub-continent.

Deputy mayor Manjula Sood said: “I have heard of people being asked for 500 pounds and more for prayers or talismans. They think a curse will be placed on them if they refuse. One recently came to Leicester and took a room at a hotel where she charged clients 500 pounds for 10-minute sessions.”

Resham Singh Sandhu, chairman of the Sikh Welfare and Cultural Society, said the Sikh community was lobbying with newspapers to stop publishing advertisements from such people.

British authorities are cracking down on the many tantriks, babas and psychics who prey on the fears and desires of the Asian community by promising them remedies, everlasting love and good fortune.

Most newspapers published in Indian languages in London carry hundreds of advertisements from such individuals, promising ‘100 per cent guarantee’ of love and riches, or promising to cure cancer and lift curses.

The soothsayers industry is said to be worth 40 million pounds every year.

Now, authorities in the east Midlands town of Leicester, better known as ‘Little India’, have announced a campaign against such babas and tantriks, most of whom have origins in the Indian sub-continent.

Deputy mayor Manjula Sood said: “I have heard of people being asked for 500 pounds and more for prayers or talismans. They think a curse will be placed on them if they refuse. One recently came to Leicester and took a room at a hotel where she charged clients 500 pounds for 10-minute sessions.”

Resham Singh Sandhu, chairman of the Sikh Welfare and Cultural Society, said the Sikh community was lobbying with newspapers to stop publishing advertisements from such people.

Edit: Can Mods please move this to general section? Ta. - K.

Edited by Kaljug

Leicestershire Police have really cracked down on these people who pray on the vulnerable in the name of God!

Good news. But I confess I feel sorry for the Varanasi Aghori Baba on the front page. ;-)

- K.

The ideas in magic have reality, please do not forget this, but in kaljug there is much falseness, as with everything else the true people get hidden in the mounds of false. Magic is founded on the principles of unity and is only to be used for the evolution of the human race. It is based on the science of correspondences 'As above so below' and the tantric equivalent 'that which is here is there, that which is not here is not there'. All the universe is found in the human body, the more a human identifies with the absolute the more he can control nature, as his body mirrors the macrocosm. If all you identify with is the unreal mind and ego you cannot influence anything. you cannot DO anything.