Death From The Sky..

shaheediyan

On a Falconary holiday a few years to the Isle of Mull, I was told by some wildlife rangers that he usually sees Golden Eagles attacking Stags during hunting/culling season (the Deer always head towards the Bens at this time of year to escape attack). The Raptors usually fly down and claw the Deers face whilst the Deer is on narrow ledge, causing them to fall to their death...

This was a bit hard to believe, but many witness accounts like this are usually local knowledge, rather than advertised on Wildlife programmes...

Here are some amazing vids of the Kings of the Sky ...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDtAl2PYFps&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy9UlIwMHb4&feature=related

Edited by shaheediyan

I agree with Del, from the little research I have done (we have already discussed this in another thread on SA), I believe Guru Sahiban from cheven Patshahs time had Gyrfalcons.

foto_turmfalke1.jpg

Gyrfalcons have been highly prized in Iranian, Egyption, Chinese and many Central Asian Warrior cultures. As is known, Guru Sahiban were well known for importing quality 'animals' from surrounding lands. Together with it being commonly white in colour and a sign of royalty, there is a high probability this raptor was the species kept in Gurus Darbar.

Edited by shaheediyan

thats interesting, because i was looking at a gyrfalcon, those look beautiful, i wonder how much they cost?

here in ontario, the first step is to get your hunting license, then it is to become an apprentice of someone who has the full licence. right now i am looking for someone who has the full license so i can become an apprentice.

thats interesting, because i was looking at a gyrfalcon, those look beautiful, i wonder how much they cost?

here in ontario, the first step is to get your hunting license, then it is to become an apprentice of someone who has the full licence. right now i am looking for someone who has the full license so i can become an apprentice.

Now that would be gangster!!