Alberuni's Description Of The 4 Yugas

dalsingh101

I found the following in a translation of Alberuni's book on India. Bear in mind that Alberuni was in India some 4 centuries before the birth of Baba Nanak.

It gives a description of the 4 yugs and I think it is from Vishnu Avtaar?

I find parallels with this section of the Dasam Granth. Maybe they have a common source?

Special thanks to Kalyug veer for linking me to the Alberuni translation way back when.

post-3203-127741274794_thumb.png

post-3203-127741279483_thumb.png

post-3203-127741287124_thumb.png

post-3203-12774129193_thumb.png

post-3203-127741297275_thumb.png

Edited by dalsingh101

Al-Bernui certainly was highly intelligent man. The amount of knowledge he had over religions and languages astounds.

You find a few of these types in history, who astound with their gian, scattered over all the continents. I find it strange that all this technological advancement and open access to knowledge hasn't produced equivalent brains in the modern age. The renaissance in Europe is another era that produced genius in science, arts and crafts. I think Arabs made amazing breakthroughs in mathematics (i.e. Algebra) and the astrological fields as well as astronomy. India seems to have had their own experts in these fields too.

800px-Lunar_eclipse_al-Biruni.jpg

Did you know Alberuni was a captive of Mahmud of Ghazni? He made the following observation about Indians:

"The Hindus believe that there is no country but theirs, no nation like theirs, no kings like theirs, no religion like theirs, no science like theirs.They are haughty, foolishly vain, self-conceited, and stolid. They are by nature niggardly in communicating that which they know, and they take the greatest possible care to withhold it from men of another caste among their own people, still much more, of course, from any foreigner ... Their haughtiness is such that, if you tell them of any science or scholar in Khorasan and Persis, they will think you to be both an ignoramus and a liar. If they traveled and mixed with other nations, they would soon change their mind, for their ancestors were not as narrow-minded as the present generation is."