Battle_Of_Khanwa

kdsingh80

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khanwa

I was just reading about battle of Khanwa and was quite surprised that Babur with just 12,000 tired, homesick soldiers defeated Rana sangha's 1,20000 some say 2,10000 soldiers.The only advantage Babur had was cannons but still with that type of mighty army one hardly have a chance .Still Babur emerged as victorious and Rajput supremacy got finished.Lot of questions emerge in my mind .Were Rajput stupid general or was Babur was One of the best general?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khanwa

I was just reading about battle of Khanwa and was quite surprised that Babur with just 12,000 tired, homesick soldiers defeated Rana sangha's 1,20000 some say 2,10000 soldiers.The only advantage Babur had was cannons but still with that type of mighty army one hardly have a chance .Still Babur emerged as victorious and Rajput supremacy got finished.Lot of questions emerge in my mind .Were Rajput stupid general or was Babur was One of the best general?

Babur was a military genius. Being from central Asia where it was the survival of the fittest, you had to be a great tactician in order to survive. He won many great battles but two stand out, one was against the Pathan rulers of Delhi in which his army was outnumbered by many times by the Pathans and the second battle was against the resurgent Rajput confederacy of Rana Sangha again Babur outnumbered by many times. It's unfortunate that he didn't just go back to his home in central Asia after winning, but instead enslaved India in the form of the Mughal empire.

Baburs story is an amazing one, well worth reading. As Mithar says, he was a military genius. But his passion, skills and ruthless mindset can be understood from reading about his childhood. That he brought rule to India is not something to cry about, it was his destiny and Gods will. His coming laid the red carpet for the emergence of Satguru. Babur was simply a pawn.