Are all religions equal?

Gurfateh

Are all religions equal?

I have found, from personal experience, the above is a question no one seems to ask, or wants to answer. Especially older Sikhs. They feel by examining this question they are disrespecting other religions. However, in light of the current situation where Sikhs are being challenged by other faiths, and I can speak for the situation in the UK, where Islam is the main threat, isn't it important that we establish what we find right and what we find wrong? What does the Sangat think?

I believe by not discussing this issue, we are in fact confusing young Sikhs because they are constantly told every faith is equal and should be tolerated with respect, without being given reasons. Many posts on the forum are from distressed Sikhs who have had bad experiences with intolerant people, this is why I thought perhaps we should discuss this further.

I agree with tolerance, but if all faiths were equal, then what was the need for Sikhism?

There are Muslims throughout the UK, studying Sikhi, and misintepreting points and presenting them to Sikhs in so many Uni's and schools. These people at least know for definate (allegedly) what is wrong according to Islam and what is right.

Let's take Islam as an example. They believe theirs is the only true religion and Prophet Mohammad was the last messenger from God. That's it, no tolerance, no nothing. Any Muslim who tells you different and says they respect everyone is not a true Muslim in the sense that he/she is not following the Quran and Sunnah, the main teachings of Islam.

If we say Islam is equal as much as Sikhism, then we are contradicting ourselves, because one says it's the final and only religion!

So, what do we believe as Sikhs? Are they all EQUAL? Or do we admit ours is the real religion?

Isn't it time young Sikhs were supplied with full facts, and told what to say to people that challenge them? Let's not brush it under the carpet, after all, we are Guru Ji's saint-soldiers, maybe it's time we became more defensive. It goes without saying that we should not slander any faith, but politely discuss the differences with valid proofs.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, apologies if so. I would like to know what the Sangat thinks?

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

because one says it's the final and only religion!

i wouldn't say its god's last word

thats insulting god

for muslims coming to then "equality point"

even in there practices the woman cannot do what the man deos

like reading the Sunnah, If a man deosn't cover his head, that'll be fine

but if a woman deosn't cover her head, the Saatan will piss on her

:?

A married woman can't even work out the door wivout her husbands permission, otherwise by religion wise , hes allowed to be the crap out of her

coming to sikhs, the older generation have brought up there children with there habits

Sikhism shows equality, but the cultural side has spoilt it all , Men go out to have drinks, while the woman deos all the kitchen work

The dad will get his son a car, but the his daughter she has to work for it

i know, stupid aint it

:x

Sikhism shows equality, but the cultural side has spoilt it all , Men go out to have drinks, while the woman deos all the kitchen work
Amrik$ingh dont say that, cos that aint sikhis culture, thats the diluted culture which monay follow, sikhis culture is that everybodys equal, and no alcohol :hearme:

:x Amrik$ingh dont say that, cos that aint sikhis culture, thats the diluted culture which monay follow, sikhis culture is that everybodys equal, and no alcohol :hearme:

lol, what im trying to say is most sikhs have been brought up wiv punjabi culture

soz, didnt make it clear before

I don't know if we should be judging religions as being equal or if one religion is the true religion, cuz that would bring haunkar into it and the Guru Ji's told us to stay away from being boastful or thinking that we're the best...we are to stay low and to follow our path which was give to us by God....

I think what we need to do with the younger kids is to bring them back to the basics of sikhi and work up...kids nowadays don't even know their mool mantar, that's really really really sad ( i know one girl personally )...

We need to show them what our religion is and why it's important to us...

there shouldn't be a need to compare religions then....

Neo Ji,

I'm very flattered that u agree with me on this subject, however this is supposed to be a formal debate and therefore if u do agree with me, why do u...give some reason rather than jus sayin that u do...there needs to be more substance to ur post... :wink:

Btw I like ur avatar, where'd u get it from?

Gurfateh

I don't think it's about judging, well I didn't set out for my question to be percieved that way.

If you were approached by a Muslim and he said his religion is the only truth (and they all believe this), what would you do?

You could refuse to have a conversation, based on the fact we are tolerant and respectful to other religions.

However, what if he said, well if you believe all religions are equal, then why don't you join mine? or why was Sikhi needed?

To answer that, I think you will find you will have to point out the differences, and the reasons behind the creation of the Khalsa.

I'm merely saying, that IF challenged, and only IF challenged, we should know why we are Sikhs, and why Sikhi was needed.

By pointing out discrepencies in their religion, they will realise the truth that exists in Sikhi also, and may even respect it with time.

To do that, dialogue is needed, so I don't agree with sitting back and not talking about it, it doesn't seem to be working with Sikhs in UK so far in any case.

I will reply to my own question with an example, I heard it from a Gursikh with whom I was having this discussion.

He said, all religions are like streams, moving towards one ocean. The commonality in all the streams is the H20, water present in all. This is the true religion. God's religion.

However, not all the streams are clean, or fast moving, some are blocked, some are polluted, some slower. The same way, some religions are different due to the speed of the water.

To direct the water towards the ocean, discipline is needed, what we can call 'dhuneaavee' dharam. Which is the rehat we follow, prescribed by our Guru's.

So, every religion is NOT equal. Even though every religion has an element of truth in it. The water which is still in every stream, because without water, no stream right?

However, the fastest and cleanest way to the ocean, or God, is Gurmat. If it wasn't, then it wouldn't be gifted to us by Vaheguru.

I wasn't attempting to slander or judge any religion, but we need to come to an understanding of whether every religion is really equal, or whether it they differ in terms of the amount of truth in them.

Not forgetting of course, the element of truth is in all of them.

Bhul Chuk Dee Khima

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

I agree with you because the whole point of being an sikh is to be inferior, drop your ego like a bad plaque. There are very few ones who completely surrender to gurooo ji with full faith, no doubts in guru's bani. Also by gettin rid of all the desires, kaam, krodh, moh, lab, ahankar, maya, trishna.

There has been soo many times in sggs where maya..comin of maya, creation of maya been discussed...

Maya is something or anything that takes you away from god... it could be anything...maya does not only mean money but its anything that takes you away from god.

Read full anand sahib english translation...you will know what i m talkin about...its good to know you already aware of things that you have to get rid of...

Yeah the avatar i got it from http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...wtopic.php?t=82

check it out!!

Sword Of Khalsa.. you will bloody faint... :shock: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I don't think if you compare religions then you're slandring any religion or judging someone. We can't just throw everything on God. God gave us this life and as well as brain so we can ease up his work. This is the reason that we have judges and law enforcement otherwise if we go by word of GOD then there should not be any law enforcement and people should be allowed to kill anyone because if we are stopping them then we are judging them as well... :?

Guru Nanak dev ji clearly said that "There was no Hindu and Musalmaan" and it doesn't mean that they were slandring anybody's religion or judging somoene but they were speaking the almighty's truth.

Here is what I will read if I want to see the truth of GOD.

Truth in Many paths- Why does Truth descriminate?

Why I Don't Believe In These Religious Books

http://sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/...df005d6332?Open

Beliefs That Have Harmed Mankind

http://sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/...b600473d02?Open

Richard Dawkins: You Did Not Do Your Homework Well

http://sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/...54?OpenDocument

Women & Discrimination

http://sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/...97006ec09a?Open

Creator as Defined In Various Religions

http://sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/...b400741f3d?Open

Pope Condemns Racism as a Sin

http://sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion.nsf/...b4005b77bd?Open

Economic Blockade of Dalits

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....ent&Highlight=0

These people don't follow truth, just blatant discrimination. And why do you think they discriminate. Because their God commands them to do so. This, my friend, is the Truth.

How to evaluate religion

All about Islam

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....51?OpenDocument

Why I Am Not a Hindu: Kevin Baldeosingh

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....f9!OpenDocument

Kevin Baldeosingh - Why I Am Not a Muslim

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....20!OpenDocument

Kevin Baldeosingh - Why I Am Not a Christian

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....90!OpenDocument

Status of Women in Different religions

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....ent&Highlight=0

Note: Humanity tells us that don't attack human physically but if you compare or question absurd beliefs then you're not going against humanity.

If I was challenged by someone along the lines of what u are saying, Gurpreet Bhenji, my response would be this:

All religions are equal, whether one would like to believe it or not... As turmoils covered the Earth from time to time, God felt the need to have someone spread His msg to bring His ppl back to Him... Now these prophets have been coming along for thousands of yrs... With each prophet, a religion was established by the followers around to keep the teachings of that person alive...but as time goes by evil always has a way of trickling in, and the religions are skewered and the writings are manipulated to fit certain ppl's belief...God saw this all happening, so every so often, he'd have to send another person to spread his msg with some changes here and there...

Do u get the picture here... (how come there were never any two prophets or Gurus at one time???)... Hence Hinduism and Judaism were first, then Christianity, then Islam...and finally when God got fed up of everything, he made it as crystal clear as possible...He had the Ten Guru Ji's come about... Our SGGS ji has been compiled by our Guru's, it is word from, how direct can u get.... And so although u may believe in ur religion being the only one, I believe that there the same, just with minor teaks and changes here there to make sure that mankind realises His msg.... that it is time to go back to Him... after all it's all about Salvation isn't it?

And as for joining ur religion (whatever it may be)... Why should I when God gave me the opportunity to come to Him through the straightest path possible....

That would be my answer.....

Nogroup bhaji, I agree. Those links are very useful. Thanks for them :D

>>All religions are equal, whether one would like to believe it or not... <<

Perhaps to start with, but then they were corrupted as you mentioned. If they were not established at the same time, we can't say they are equal, as corruption occurs over time.

>>As turmoils covered the Earth from time to time, God felt the need to have someone spread His msg to bring His ppl back to Him... Now these prophets have been coming along for thousands of yrs... With each prophet, a religion was established by the followers around to keep the teachings of that person alive...but as time goes by evil always has a way of trickling in, and the religions are skewered and the writings are manipulated to fit certain ppl's belief...<<

Exactly, I agree :D The streams (religions) are corrupted in different degrees. Also, you may think well Sikhi will become the same over time, there is less of a chance of that happening, because unlike any other religion, the holy Guru Granth Sahib was composed by the Guru's themselves, furthermore, during their lifetime and under their guidance. So it cannot be misintepreted, or have been changed etc.

>>God saw this all happening, so every so often, he'd have to send another person to spread his msg with some changes here and there...<<

I agree. The changes were necessary due to the times in which people lived in.

>>Do u get the picture here... (how come there were never any two prophets or Gurus at one time???)... Hence Hinduism and Judaism were first, then Christianity, then Islam...<<

I get the picture Bhainji :D

>>and finally when God got fed up of everything, he made it as crystal clear as possible...<<

You said it yourself, God made it crystal clear, as in the fastest and purest stream to the ocean :wink:

>>He had the Ten Guru Ji's come about... Our SGGS ji has been compiled by our Guru's, it is word from, how direct can u get....<<

Yeah, no room for misintepretation.

>>And so although u may believe in ur religion being the only one, I believe that there the same, just with minor teaks and changes here there to make sure that mankind realises His msg.... <<

The diversity is fine, but as you said, over time 'evil crept in', so how can they be equal even now? However, as they were from God, and have an element of truth in them, however corrupted or misintepreted, we respect and are tolerant of that part which is the truth.

>>that it is time to go back to Him... after all it's all about Salvation isn't it?

And as for joining ur religion (whatever it may be)... Why should I when God gave me the opportunity to come to Him through the straightest path possible.... <<

Exactly, I agree totally Bhain Ji. This is what I meant, we can say to these people why should we join any other, when we have the chance of using the straightest path. :D

(I wouldn't want to challenge you :shock: )

Bhul Chuk Dee Khima

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

Gurpreet Bhenji...

When I say that all religions are equal, I go back to the fact that if one was to go to the basics, they convey the same msg.... and to me they are just paths to the same goal...to be one with God...

Corruption is creeping in even with our religion as the Gurudhwaras are no longer the house of the Lord where his praises are sung...Yes kirtan is done, but no one is paying attention or praying there with their full hearts...All i see is gossiping, ppl seeking more maya through donations....

The Gurudhwara has lost it's meaning....

That is how corruption and evil creep in, through the greed of the people.... It's not the religion to blame but the ppl who manipulate and misuse the words of God....

So...thats why we need to recognize this aspect and work towards not letting it get over run by others greed...

(Also I don't believe that in the Koran it's written that Islam is the only religion, I could be wrong here, but to me that wouldn't make sense to have something like that written in a holy book....)

Bhain Ji

The holy books of the other religions were written well after the time of their Prophets, in particular the Quran. This is a documented fact. Furthermore, the Quran was memorised and written many years after the death of Mohammad, by his followers.

Also, Aisha the Prophet's youngest wife has been known to have said that the verses that were revealed to Mohammad were written by his son in a cave on leaves, some were eaten by goats!

Whether or not this is true, it just shows that there is a degree of uncertainty about when and how it was written, or if it has parts missing.

The Guru Granth Sahib was written and is the most authentic because it was compiled by our Guru's and during their lifetime, and approved even. Therefore, there can be no misintepretation.

This is why it is the 'straightest path' as you said. Also, if you admit it is the straightest, then obviously the others are not as much, which shows that they are not all equal.

However, I do agree that we should respect them because they came from one source, and do have a degree of truth in them.

With regards to the Quran being the final word, I found the following quotes:

Holy Quran; Surah 05; Verse 03: This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you completed my favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

The completion of 'Islam' as a religion also provides for the completion of the chain of Prophets from Allah Almighty to renew his message to all people of the earth from time to time. Allah Almighty reveals in the Holy Quran:

Holy Quran; Surah 33; Verse 40: Muhammad is not the father of any of your men but (he is) the Apostle of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

With Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also ends the chain of revelations from Allah to mankind and it still stands that the last of the Holy Scriptures available.

Bhul Chuk Dee Khima

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

Gurpreet Bhenji,

Although I see what u r saying, I still cannot agree with u just because to me when someone says that Islam is the best or the Hinduism or Christianity or Sikhism is the best.... One brings ego to that statement and haunkar.... That is a belief that we carry that our religion is the right way, but is that statement going to save us, I don't think so....

To me, All religions have the advantages and disadvantages , it's a given.. but it's up to us to overcome those and to just follow the path that feels right to us... and To be honest with...I'm not amritdhari as of yet, it's something that I'm looking...

I've done my own research into some religions, looked at what my friends do, what does my family do, community ppl... and I came to the conclusion myself that Sikhism is the right religion for ME... We cannot say that it is the right religion for everyone else because that is upto God to decide what he has in store for them....

Therefore religion is very personal and u and I can agree or argue about Sikhism being the best here, but others will of course go for their own religion, it's human nature....

That's why I think we need to step away from such ideas, because it's useless, it's not goin to get us anywhere and I'd rather focus on my Guru Ji, rather than arguing that sikhism is the best....

Well, as far as my understanding goes Sikhs never tried to claim that they had the best religion and other religions were just a bunch of lies.

Just sit with christian missionary or Islam missionary and you have to listen that Islam is the only way to reach that almighty and same goes for the christianity as they tell you that if you don't believe in Jesus then you will burn in hell fire on the day of judgement. I won't slander them for that but still I won't accept it because if I do that then im accepting indirectly that our Gurus lied to Us.

This discussion is interesting and I liked the points made by canadian jatti ji and Gurpreet kaur but before we move further we need to go through following links for sure.

Sikhism and other religions.

http://www.sikhs.org/religion.htm

This is the ultimate guide for Sikhism's distinctive identity.

http://www.sikhi.org.uk/articles/files/sikhidistincta4.pdf

Gurfateh

Nogroup Bhaji, the links were useful, as always :D Sikhi is distinct, and the most authentic religion IMHO.

Bhain Ji, I didn't wish to make this into an argument, I feel the points you raised were very inspiring. You said Sikhi is the straightest path, and I just think we should not be worried or scared of admitting it, not in these times at least.

As Bhaji infers, Sikhi is the most tolerant religion in comparison to the others, it's one of it's unique points.

I personally cannot call a religion, which says it is the final and true religion, and says all non-believers are condemned to hellfire if they do not 'revert' to Islam, equal to Sikhi.

I don't think Vaheguru is a personal God, God is for all, anyone can reach God, or worship him. This is what Sikhi teaches.

This is what makes me conclude that the way of the Khalsa is the fastest, purest and fairest way to meet Vaheguru.

Bhul Chuk Dee Khima

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

Gurpreet Bhenji, don't apologise (in a good way)...it's a debate isn't it...the whole idea is to stimulate one's mind and explore the world through it... I love this and to me it's a very constructive debate (i've been through some that have no purpose absolutely...)

By personal, I mean it's a personal journey to God, we cannot go in groups in pairs with loved ones....it is upto us to decide how we want to present ourselves to God....

Sikhi is blessed that it's such a straight, clear and enlightened path...

However I cannot reject the creations that my Lord has created... If one has a crippled brother, just because it is not as able as u and I r, are we goin to reject him... are we goin to say that ur not worthy of God because u have to be whole and be exactly like me....

No... That is how I look at the religions... they are not alike in every principle, but they arose according to the need that was there in the world at that time, and hence for me to say that Islam is not equal to Sikhism, just because it discusses life in a different style does not seem right....

If God believed that there aren't equal or that there was no need to have the different religions, by now they would have diminished (actually there are religions dwindling now, such as Jainism...)

I cannot say that any other religion is not the same as Sikhism, because it's source is still from God...and anything that goes back to Him, is equal in my eyes....

Now that doesn't mean that I'm goin to run and embrace other religions... it means that I see them as different paths to Almighty Lord... and I have chosen the path that I believe is the most true to MYSELF.....

yeah ok canadian jatti but sikhi is the purest religion in that it took the supreme truth (vaheguru) over 200 years to make a person right, by that i mean over 200 years of gurus, she/he who stays in the kirpa of guru ji is the perfect person/ the ideal person through gods eyes. And that u cannot dispute

yeah ok canadian jatti but sikhi is the purest religion in that it took the supreme truth (vaheguru) over 200 years to make a person right, by that i mean over 200 years of gurus, she/he who stays in the kirpa of guru ji is the perfect person/ the ideal person through gods eyes. And that u cannot dispute

Prove Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam is un-pure regardless of whats happening i meant scriptures wise???

In SGGS, its been said even atheist can gain salvation through rebirths and you are saying all people from different relegion are un-pure. That sounds very self-centered to me.

Our guru's spent all life spreading life and spreading the message.. if you are muslim be good muslim if you are hindu than be a good hindu... and you shall gain salvation.

and what we doing instead???

Look veer sikhi is in purest form only if we are the (followers) right human race as one. Why are settin bad examples to be son and daughter of guroo ji??

Guroo gobind singh ji maharaj said:

"Treat all human race as one"

By arguin whose relegion is better we are not doin anything but creating barriers. Sikh Heart should be soo nirmal that sikh should see same light in everyone.

"Sab mein jot, jot haie soaie. Tis da channan sab mein channan hoye"(Kirtan Sohila)

Also guroo nanak dev ji said- Hum nahin change, bora na koiii (SGGS)

saadh sangat jee

lets listen to what Guru Sahib has to say:

Of all religions, the best religion is

To utter the Holy name with love, and do good deeds

Of all rites the holiest rite is

To purify one’s soul in the company of the holy;

Of all effort, the best effort is

To meditate on the Lord and praise Him ever;

Of all speech, the sweetest is that,

Having heard it, to speak of God’s glory;

Of all temples, the most sacred is

(says Nanak) The heart in which the Lord dwells.

(Sri SGGS: Sukhmani,Astapadi 3. Pauri 8.)

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev

N30S!ingh ji, Shere Khalsa da had no intention to say that other religions are un-pure so I think we have misunderstanding over there.

Anyhow, I know religions are path to get to that almighty but you should be aware of this that most of the religions are into extremists hands these days and they are using religions to gain power. I love waht Guru Granth sahib says for Muslims and Hindus and to be honest if they follow it then there are no conflicts at all.

Here is message for muslims Guru Granth sahib ji saying:

MARU, FIFTH MEHL: Page-1083

O slave of the inaccessible Lord God Allah, forsake thoughts of worldly entanglements. Become the dust of the feet of the humble fakeers, and consider yourself a traveller on this journey. O saintly dervish, you shall be approved in the Court of the Lord. || 1 || Let Truth be your prayer, and faith your prayer-mat. Subdue your desires, and overcome your hopes. Let your body be the mosque, and your mind the priest. Let true purity be God's Word for you. || 2 || Let your practice be to live the spiritual life. Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God. Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. || 3 || Practice within your heart the teachings of the Koran and the Bible; restrain the ten sensory organs from straying into evil. Tie up the five demons of desire with faith, charity and contentment, and you shall be acceptable. || 4 || Let compassion be your Mecca, and the dust of the feet of the holy your

fast. Let Paradise be your practice of the Prophetís Word. God is the beauty, the light and the fragrance. Meditation on Allah is the secluded meditation chamber. || 5 ||

Page-1084

He alone is a Qazi, who practices the Truth. He alone is a Haji, a pilgrim to Mecca, who purifies his heart. He alone is a Mullah, who banishes evil; he alone is a saintly dervish, who takes the Support of the Lordís Praise. || 6 || Always, at every moment, remember God, the Creator within your heart. Let your meditation beads be the subjugation of the ten senses. Let good conduct and self-restraint be your circumcision. || 7 || You must know in your heart that everything is temporary. Family, household and siblings are all entanglements. Kings, rulers and nobles are mortal and transitory; only Godís Gate is the permanent place. || 8 || First, is the Lordís Praise; second, contentment; third, humility, and fourth, giving to charities. Fifth is to hold oneís desires in restraint. These are the five most sublime daily prayers. || 9 || Let your daily worship be the knowledge that God is everywhere. Let renunciation of evil actions be the water-jug you carry. Let realization of the One Lord God be your call to prayer; be a good child of God ó let this be your trumpet. || 10 || Let what is earned righteously be your blessed food. Wash away pollution with the river of your heart. One who realizes the Prophet attains heaven. Azraa-eel, the

Messenger of Death, does not cast him into hell. || 11 || Let good deeds be your body, and faith your bride. Play and enjoy the Lord's love and delight. Purify what is impure, and let the Lord's Presence be your religious tradition. Let your total awareness be the turban on your head. || 12 || To be Muslim is to be kind-hearted, and wash away pollution from within the heart. He does not even approach worldly pleasures; he is pure, like flowers, silk, ghee and the deer-skin. || 13 || One who

is blessed with the mercy and compassion of the Merciful Lord, is the manliest man among men. He alone is a Shaykh, a preacher, a Haji, and he alone is God's slave, who is blessed with God's Grace. || 14 || The Creator Lord has Creative Power; the Merciful Lord has Mercy. The Praises and the Love of the Merciful Lord are unfathomable. Realize the True Hukam, the Command of the Lord, O Nanak; you shall be released from bondage, and carried across. || 15 || 3 || 12 ||

But who is doing it?

For hindus:

From the cotton of compassion,

Spin the thread of contentment;

Tying the knot of continence,

Give it the twist of virtue.

Such a sacred thread, O Pandit,

Make for your inner self.

(SGGS: Asa di Var, page 471.)

And at the end we have great words from Guru ji:

There is one God the Father of all

And we are all his children.

(SGGS: Rag Sorath, page 611)

I keep neither the Hindu fast nor the Muslim Ramadan;

I serve Him alone who will, in the end, save me.

My lord is both the Muslim Allah and Hindu Gosain;

Thus have I settled the dispute of the Hindu and the Muslim.

I go neither to the pilgrimage at Mecca,

Nor bathe at the Hindu holy places.

I serve the one Lord, and none else but Him.

(SGGS: Rag Bhairon, page 1136)

Finally, I would like to add this to this post.

As out of a single fire,

Millions of spark arise;

So from God’s form emerge all creation,

Animate and inanimate.

(Akal Ustat, page 87)

Guru Gobind Singh further declared:

He is in the temple as in the mosque,

In the Hindu worship as in the Muslim prayer.

(Akal Ustat, page 86)