Against Namdhari-Baba Jarnai Singh Ji

namdhari55

I doubt Baba Jarnail Singh knew too much about Namdharis other than what was 'parchalat' in Punjab at the time. Sadly even today there is a ton of misinformation. As far as I know Baba Jarnail Singh never met with any prominent Namdharis, nor did he care to. He spoke against all sareerdhari Gurus as it was his understanding of the Granth Sahib. Those adhering to Guru-Sikh parampara and older sampardayas evidently had a different view and more importantly the Damdami Taksal leadership and Sadhs of today has a positive relationship with and respect for Namdharis.

Similarly there's the misinformation that Namdharis are 'anti-akalis' and 'pro-congress' bs that completely ignores the passage of Anand Marriage act, the Guru-Ka-Bagh saga which eventually led to SGPC-zation of all Sikh gurdwaras (even though Namdharis were against the latter method of painting all Nirmalas, Udassis and Addanshahis with the brush of being traitors - as evident in the Satjug newspaper of the time, they did support Akali Dal against the british influence on Sikh Gurdwaras via corrupt mahants - search tribuneindia.com), and it also ignores the fact that both Akali party and congress, just like BJP and the rest of the indian political thugs, are equally unethical and money hungry promoting discontent and hatred among people for their political gains.

I doubt Baba Jarnail Singh knew too much about Namdharis other than what was 'parchalat' in Punjab at the time. Sadly even today there is a ton of misinformation. As far as I know Baba Jarnail Singh never met with any prominent Namdharis, nor did he care to.

Similarly there's the misinformation that Namdharis are 'anti-akalis'...

Hold on bro. Sant Jarnail Singh visited your dera in Hissar, which if im not mistaken is the 2nd biggest place you have. While he was there he invited the local Sant-Khalsa to come to Mehta Chowk to do kirtan. To say that he never cared to meet any Sant-Khalsa prominent or not, is false.

The tonnes of misinformation that is about, is mainly of people claiming to be Guru's, holding the Jyot that Guru Nanak held, including the ones you call your guru.

even radha swamis say that Guru Nanak passed on gurgaddi to their guru. why should we beleive you over them?

Edited by chatanga1

Hold on bro. Sant Jarnail Singh visited your dera in Hissar, which if im not mistaken is the 2nd biggest place you have. While he was there he invited the local Sant-Khalsa to come to Mehta Chowk to do kirtan. To say that he never cared to meet any Sant-Khalsa prominent or not, is false.

The tonnes of misinformation that is about, is mainly of people claiming to be Guru's, holding the Jyot that Guru Nanak held, including the ones you call your guru.

even radha swamis say that Guru Nanak passed on gurgaddi to their guru. why should we beleive you over them?

Chatanga,

I believe you are referring to Jeevan Nagar, the area that was procured for people who were driven out of Pakistan. Who did he meet there exactly? From what I've heard is that he only went there to do anti-dehdhari parchar. He's never met either Satguru Jagjit Singh or Maharaj Bir Singh. If you know of any other prominent personality from the Sant-Khalsa that he has met please do let me know.

I don't think I wrote that he did not care to meet 'non-prominent' Sant-Khalsa. Which even if he did is unfortunately of not much value to him spiritually because it is like me meeting you or N30 and basing my judgement of the entire singh-sabha panth on either one of you, which would be absolutely incorrect.

Yes I agree the tonnes of hatred and missinformation is because of what you said. But by your logic also those who follow specific dehdhari gurus can say that within singh sabhias(Those who recite 'Agya Bhei Akal ki' after ardas) there are those who claim Granth Sahib is Guru, some say the Bani (not necesarily in the Granth form) is the Guru, some say Both Granth Sahibs are, some say 3 Granth Sahibs are, and others say Granth Sahib + Panth is Guru and many other combinations exists including those who also acknowledge the Panj Pyaras and Sants of their upsampardayas as equally Guru to the Granth Sahibs/Banis. So while what you say is perfectly true that people get 'bored' of trying to learn and just wish to paint every dehdhari-guru lineage of today with the same brush of ignorance, ask yourself will it also be fair for others to paint all singh sabhias (Those who recite 'Agya Bhei Akal ki' after ardas) with same kind of 'To hell with them!' brush? That would be quite a shame wouldn't it?

Who did he meet there exactly? From what I've heard is that he only went there to do anti-dehdhari parchar. He's never met either Satguru Jagjit Singh or Maharaj Bir Singh. If you know of any other prominent personality from the Sant-Khalsa that he has met please do let me know.

Yes I agree the tonnes of hatred and missinformation is because of what you said. But by your logic also... That would be quite a shame wouldn't it?

Dont equate Gurmat Parchaar or Shabd Guru parchaar as being automatically anti-dehdhari parchaar. Whats so special about Jagjit Singh that someone would desire to meet him? That he's in a long line of pretenders?

And it was the 10 Gurus of sikhi that said bani is the satGuru. if anyone says otherwise, then they are lying.

Dont equate Gurmat Parchaar or Shabd Guru parchaar as being automatically anti-dehdhari parchaar. Whats so special about Jagjit Singh that someone would desire to meet him? That he's in a long line of pretenders?

And it was the 10 Gurus of sikhi that said bani is the satGuru. if anyone says otherwise, then they are lying.

I hope you or your Ustad or your Ustad's Ustad are do not follow/make a living off of the Vidya taught by the 'pretender'. Otherwise some ill-minded people would say it's like biting the hand that feeds you.

Jokes aside, I'm sorry if you felt I insulted your Sant/Babaji. But if you reread my post calmly, you will find that I had no such intention.

I think we're done here since you don't know of the names of any prominent/authoritative Sant-Khalsa Babaji had met with and neither do I, so I guess we can agree he had no authoritative information or came to know of it at a later date as he did not do any specific anti-Namdhari parchar since and the Damdami Taksal today also has positive relationship with Namdharis. Anyone with any questions please pm directly.

Laterz,

FS

I hope you or your Ustad or your Ustad's Ustad are do not follow/make a living off of the Vidya taught by the 'pretender'. Otherwise some ill-minded people would say it's like biting the hand that feeds you.

I dont make a living off the vidya no, but my ustad does, but it doesnt bother me in the slightest that he is a Namdhari, like it wouldnt bother me if he were a Hindu or Muslim either. And Jagjit Singh is not the only holder of this Vidya.

Jokes aside, I'm sorry if you felt I insulted your Sant/Babaji. But if you reread my post calmly, you will find that I had no such intention.

I didnt feel or see any insult, so you dont need to apologise.

I think we're done here since you don't know of the names of any prominent/authoritative Sant-Khalsa Babaji had met with and neither do I, so I guess we can agree he had no authoritative information or came to know of it at a later date as he did not do any specific anti-Namdhari parchar since and the Damdami Taksal today also has positive relationship with Namdharis. Anyone with any questions please pm directly.

Why has it come down to the knowing of names ?

Laterz,

FS

Namdharis were not the only ones to keep this vidya alive...

Close relations could be because namdharis were once a samprada. Over time (and with British help) they acquired a schismatic character. Just like a wave rises up out of a river only to ultimately convalesce back into it, the Namdharis and other schismatic groups will one day return to Sikhi.