Sheikh Fareed Or Fareed Sani?

I believe that most, if not all, Bhagats whose Bani is in Guru Granth Sahib met Guru Nanak Sahib and became Sikhs (they became Gurmukhs).

But what about Sheikh Fareed? Some say Fareed whose Bani is in Granth Sahib is a latter Fareed (Sani) who lived during Gurus time (I think Macauliffe says this too?)

I have never really looked into this, nor do I have the time these days. Can someone outline the main views, opinions on which Bhagat Fareed wrote the Bani we have now in the Granth Sahib.

I believe that most, if not all, Bhagats whose Bani is in Guru Granth Sahib met Guru Nanak Sahib and became Sikhs (they became Gurmukhs).

Is that just wishful thinking?

Guru Nanak met Sheikh Ibrahim (who was a pir on the seat of pir sheikh farid) he was following that school of thought and sheikh ibrahim is said to have accompanied him. Guru Nanak after meeting akal purkh decided to help others to meet God he helped sheikh ibrahim on his path of wajat al whuud by dialogue about not fasting in a jungle and taking a middle way. Guru Nanak and Sheikh irbahim had much dilagoe and the bani of sheikh farid which sheikh ibrahim knew was recited before him which Guru Nanak was given and which later on Guru Arjan Dev ji incorporated into the add granth sahib.

Well Sheikh ibrahims name was sheikh farid as well they were reciting same bani and following the same path. I am not sure if he added further on to it like how guru arjan dev ji has added to the bani of guru nanak.

http://www.hfoscillators.com/apskhanna/articles/BabaFarid_VicharJuly19A.pdf

that document shows the bani which guru nanak adds more on to in reply. The bani of sheikh farid gives a way to meet God however Guru Nanak makes the path much easier. However I personally think sheikh farid has gone very divert from shairat that the path Guru Nanak gives has put the path more towards i.e. guru nanak gives the path of grist jeevan of still not hiding away in a jungle hanging himself upside down fasting till near death to have darshan. Guru Nanaks path was to live the house holder life, with honest living. The shariah is inclusive of these ideals to some extent the biggest difference would be concubines.