Baba Sukhdev Singh Ji On Amritvela

Lets discuss more about amritvela, your struggles, experiences, failures, successes, motivations, inspirations, your understanding of amritvela, how do different time zones on earth relate to amritvela in Dargah :)

Hoping to see some useful inspirational constructive discussions .

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Just a little story involving me and baba ji.

I met baba ji this year at bhucho and when I went to see baba ji I was really sick. I was coughing and sneezing everywhere and my. Ise was running. I met baba ji after he did his rehras sahib in front of the Sangat in the divan hall. My masar was introducing me to him and all of a sudden baba ji grabbed my arm. I was startled and surprised why he did that. He then walked and talked with me and my masar and I started to feel different. Remember I was saying I was sick? Well I was completely not sick at all after he grabbed my arm!! I was completely blown away! I did not tell anybody till the next day. He made me not sick!!! I was blown away at the shakti he did on me!

Yea thats my story.

when i started to take Simran seriously about 2.5 years ago, i first began doing simran at a Gurdwara's evening 1 Hour Simran session everyday after work...this was fantastic and where i first started going spiritually within...

i would also do simran lying in bed before sleep...

This was all fantastic and i still do this from time to time...

BUT, when i started Amrit Vela that is when things really 'began' on a deeper level...

i do not not why...it could be because there are less distractions from the external...darkness, no sounds, and dyan could be set on Gurmanter a ot easier...the atmosphere also feels different...the world is asleep. I could open up during my ardaas a lot easier...it almost feels like a one-to-one with Waheguru..

Mentally i could shut off from the world, knowing i would not get disturbed...the phone wouldn't ring, the wife wouldnt need a hand with anything..no responsibilities at that time...i could literally let go mentally and call out to God...surrender

Edited by chzS1ngh

• 3 weeks later...

On days where I have experienced Amritvela with Guru Jis grace... I am more aware of the thoughts, things pop-up in mind which I never remembered, experiences have been mixed, from being sleepy to feeling very intimate .Indeed it is a time which is very intimate, especially before 5 am,

I also feel the cooler morning hours are the best to bring awareness to ajna chakra area, because the energy generated makes you more alert throughout the day.

Overall a cooler and a feeling of determination whenever I managed to woke up early. But then again there have been phases where I missed it for days on end :(.

And I have noticed if you recite Bani before going to sleep or meditate min 1 hr earlier, it gets a little easier to wake up.

On days where I have experienced Amritvela with Guru Jis grace... I am more aware of the thoughts, things pop-up in mind which I never remembered, experiences have been mixed, from being sleepy to feeling very intimate .Indeed it is a time which is very intimate, especially before 5 am,

I also feel the cooler morning hours are the best to bring awareness to ajna chakra area, because the energy generated makes you more alert throughout the day.

Overall a cooler and a feeling of determination whenever I managed to woke up early. But then again there have been phases where I missed it for days on end :(.

And I have noticed if you recite Bani before going to sleep or meditate min 1 hr earlier, it gets a little easier to wake up.

thats great ji..

try to plant a definate thought of 'intention' to wake up for Amrit Vela just before sleep...i find if i have any doubts about waking up before i go to sleep, i will end up failing to get up :)

for example some night i lie in bed and my mind is already making excuses..."oh its a little late now..i need to be fresh for work...maybe its better to miss Amrit Vela...no, i have to wake up.....but i'll feel tired...we'll see" this indicision sticks on you...and when the alarm clock goes off, the excuses are the first things to go through your head, and before you know it...you back to sleep.

have that intention...psyic yourself up :) you will never regret it once you start doing it regularly..will change your life forever!

God Bless Ji