Type Of Sikhs

Do you believe that there is only one type of Sikh - i.e. with 5 kakkaars (never mentioned in puratan scriptures, however the three mudra is mentioned - kesh kachehra kirpan) and amritshak - or are there more possibilities?

Define the following: amritdhari, sehajdhari, patit, monah, sirgum.

(last two might be same)

And what is your take on the text below (from a case on Sikh kesh in the Indian High Court)

There were prominent Sikhs at the time of the Guru GobindSingh, who had not taken “amrit”, reference in this behalf is made to Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Ghanaiya, Nirmale Sikhs and others. Only such Sikhs were required to take “amrit” (“khande ka amrit” or “khande-de-pahul”) who were to be taken into the battlefield
Edited by SikhKhoj

If I'm not mistaken its from the case in the Indian High Court where they debated on the definition of a Sikh, Sehajdhari etc. What are your opinions on the issue?

Suryadev will be pretty open minded, I sense it. Chatanga might jhatka us with more conservative views lol (jus kidding)

Of course there is only one type of Sikh. That is the Amritshak, 5 k wearing type. open beard (male and female)only. Wears 'gurmukhi dastar'. He follows the the SGPC rehet fully.

But the others can be considered sikhs too............only when they want to pay big money for Akhand Paths or Langar, give daswand to gurdwaras, or donate supplies for the building works or join in pro-sikh marches or guard gurdwaras during riots. Until then they are not sikhs.

Interesting question about Bhai Nand Lal. Perhaps if you are on Facebook you can ask the gruop that gives daily quotes from his bani. https://www.facebook.com/Bhainandlal

Edited by SURYADEV

If I'm not mistaken its from the case in the Indian High Court where they debated on the definition of a Sikh, Sehajdhari etc. What are your opinions on the issue?

Suryadev will be pretty open minded, I sense it. Chatanga might jhatka us with more conservative views lol (jus kidding)

Of course there is only one type of Sikh. That is the Amritshak, 5 k wearing type. open beard (male and female)only. Wears 'gurmukhi dastar'. He follows the the SGPC rehet fully.

But the others can be considered sikhs too............only when they want to pay big money for Akhand Paths or Langar, give daswand to gurdwaras, or donate supplies for the building works or join in pro-sikh marches or guard gurdwaras during riots. Until then they are not sikhs.

Interesting question about Bhai Nand Lal. Perhaps if you are on Facebook you can ask the gruop that gives daily quotes from his bani. https://www.facebook.com/Bhainandlal

Dekh lia esda "open-mindedness" Sikh Khoj Bhaji?