Guru Granth Sahib

albcan

shut this topic down if its to conteversial but im going to rephrase the question

do you bow down to the guru granth sahib book

if so why

if not why

would you bow down to a laptop if the guru granth sahib had bin downloaded on it

if so why

if not why

Your imbecility has been answered already. You can perpetually reiterate it as if there is not tomorrow, but the answer will remain the same.

shut this topic down if its to conteversial but im going to rephrase the question

do you bow down to the guru granth sahib book

if so why

if not why

would you bow down to a laptop if the guru granth sahib had bin downloaded on it

if so why

if not why

Very adamant aren't you? Get the ritual nonsense out of your mind. Bowing before Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not a ritual. It is a custom. An act of submission.

Answer my question now (before your's is answered). Would you rather eat from the floor or need a dish to put to your food on before eating? I mean you can clean the floor and eat from there right? Using a plate to put your food on may be just a ritual per your understanding, so why use it?

amarjeet_singh_1737 stop TRYING to throw insults at me and answer the question

fact you avoid answering the question shows you are the true imbecile

OnPathToSikhi I would rather eat off the plate cause its easier cleaner and more convenient

so if someone downloaded the guru granth sahib on to their cell phone would you bow down to the phone to pay respects to the guru granth sahib

amarjeet_singh_1737 stop TRYING to throw insults at me and answer the question

fact you avoid answering the question shows you are the true imbecile

OnPathToSikhi I would rather eat off the plate cause its easier cleaner and more convenient

so if someone downloaded the guru granth sahib on to their cell phone would you bow down to the phone to pay respects to the guru granth sahib

The fact that you fail to grasp the simple rationality behind Path's anecdote showcases who the real imbecile is without you having to argue for the title.

First,remember that we need Guru Sahib Ji, Guru Sahib Ji does not need us. We are the seekers of the truth. We are looking to progress on a spiritual journey. So if a person does not bow to Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then by no means that person can be related to Sikhi in anyway. That humility should exist before anyone approaches Guru Sahib Ji.

In regards to Guru Granth Sahib Ji being on a computer or some other device, then the expectation is that everytime before recitation(at least) and learning, a person should bow with nimarta. If you think merely having the Guru Granth Sahib Ji on a computer device and everyone would start bowing to the "portable device" then that is utterly foolish. That would surely be a ritual. Just remember, what matters is the connection with Guru Sahib Ji. I hope you have your answers.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

When sikhs matha tek (bow) to Sri Guru Satguru Granth Sahib Ji we are not bowing to the physical but the spirtual essences within it.

Ik Oangkar Satigur Parsaadi

mehalaa 4

"bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]
baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee anmrith saarae |
The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained"

- Sri Guru Satguru Raam Daas Ji, Ang 982

From your question i believe you think that sikh are somewhat idol worshipping, but we are not all we are doing is submitting ourselves to the guru. I also presume that you think a guru should be within a human form for it too look "normal" to bow down, but within the reality of sikhi and life itself our guru is formless, our guru can take anyform, any shape, any size and any colour which our guru has and that is within Sri Guru Satguru Granth Sahib Ji.

I hope i have not made any mistakes within responding to your question, if i have i pray to guru and the panth to forgive me as i am a manmukh is wishing to seek the guru love.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

I can understand why Sikhs bow to the guru granth sahib thanks to people like interpals explanation

but what is the difference between when a Sikh sees the spirit in the guru granth sahib when they bow down be it in a book or laptop and when a hindu bows down to a statue seeing the same spirit

Mr @albcan I cannot speak for the rest of the sangat (sikh congregation/Khalsa Panth) but when I ever encounter gurbani on electronic devices I make sure my head is covered and I am not wearing any footwear (i.e. Shoes, trainers, sandals or slippers), and that when I encounter gurbani on an electronic device I only bend my head forward as if I am bowing, this is because no matter what whether it be handwritten or digital gurbani is gurbani.

But also bowing to Sri Guru Satguru Granth Sahib Ji is not just done physically but is also done mentally and spiritually. It is done mentally by implanting the teaching and contemplating on them, so as it is done spiritually by living by the teachings. So as you can see there is so much depth for us sikhs when we matha tek to Satguru Sahib.

I hope I did not offend anyone on this forum, and I hope I have not made many mistakes, however if I have I ask for Guru and Panth forgiveness. I am just a manmukh seeking my Guru's love and forgiveness.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!