Why Are We Not Using Real Khanda

Wahegurujikakhalsa wahegurujikifateh !!

Sangat ji

if at first amrit sanchar Guru Gobind singh ji used this khanda dsc008480ec.jpg

then why are we using a smaller one thats not even proper read shastar , without dhar and made with soft iron?

sb4.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

why dont we use a proper battle ready khanda like patshahi 10vi ji?

was it distorted latter by british?

please update the places where they use big 3foot khanda in sanchar

Edited by savinderpalsingh

It's like brushing your teeth with a 3 feet long brush.

That khanda is obviously too long to be stirring things in a small bowl and the other khanda isn't even a weapon. It is a modern ceremonial creation that probably didn't exist at the time of Guru Sahib.

I heard somewhere that the original kakkar were Kes, Kara and Kurd. I don't know if that's true but if it is, maybe Guru Sahib used a Kurd to stir the amrit.

Edit:

Here we go. From Gurbilas Patshahi 10 -

ਦੋਹਰਾ ।

ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਮੇਲ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਸੋ, ਕਛ ਕੇਸਨ ਸਦ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ।
ਕਰਦ ਰਾਖਨੀ ਪੰਚ ਏ
, ਤਜੈ ਨ ਕਬ ਹੀ ਨੇਮ ।।੧੧।।

Translates to love your Kes ਕੇਸਨ and Kachh ਕਛ and keep a Kurd ਕਰਦ with you.

I always get kachh and kara mixed up. So Kes, Kachh and Kurd.

Edited by BhagatSingh

nope no kurd was used, onlythat big ol khana khadkeya si bate ch

however , karad is also a form of shastar .

thats why desi punjabi knives are called karad

today everyone has become so weak that even that khanda seems to big to stir?
if you hand and practise with 3 foot sirisahib daily , its not an issue , it flows like a breeze

Edited by savinderpalsingh

Svinder bhaa ji , i got a Siri Sahib recently made in Hazoor Sahib by a Sikalgar its heavy and well made for jhatka ...i havent jhatkaed bakre ever before however am wanting to do ..i m trying to practice strokes however when the hand goes down i kind of lose control do you know how to get it correct ?

Svinder bhaa ji , i got a Siri Sahib recently made in Hazoor Sahib by a Sikalgar its heavy and well made for jhatka ...i havent jhatkaed bakre ever before however am wanting to do ..i m trying to practice strokes however when the hand goes down i kind of lose control do you know how to get it correct ?

:) weight of sword doesnt define its capability for jhatka

the fact it goes out of your control is showing that you need more practise with it , practise practise and more practise

heres a thread , i keep updating regarding techniques

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/74754-improve-your-cutting-techniques/

Do you understand the difference between weight and length?

ofcourse i do , its very easy , not as hard as you thik it is. i researched somewhere that some akj jatha does prepare amrit with 3 foot khanda :)

WJKK WJKF

Khalsa ji, would you be interested in selling your sirisahib?

Edited by sikhiseeker

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bitter is an emotion, sometimes truth itself has to be spoken.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance............unknown to many of us we utter truth indiscriminately. This can hurt many. Bitter can also be defined as a taste in one's mouth eg I have a 'bitter' taste in my mouth now. Don't forget when life is sweet, we should be grateful and celebrate. And when life is bitter, we should still be appreciative and grow. Life is too short to feel bitter.

Edited by karma

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance............unknown to many of us we utter truth indiscriminately. This can hurt many. Bitter can also be defined as a taste in one's mouth eg I have a 'bitter' taste in my mouth now. Don't forget when life is sweet, we should be grateful and celebrate. And when life is bitter, we should still be appreciative and grow. Life is too short to feel bitter.

Party is bhappa baniya dharm sorry don't bring that garbage here.

Sikhi is religion of warrior we follow till death.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ।।