Walking Up Amritvela

It has been really hard for me to wake up at amritvela these days. I put my phone which I use as an alarm clock across the room so I would have to walk and turn it off but I wake up around 8:00 am confused how my phone came all the way back on my nightstand lol. I think I sleepwalk and turn it off. What should I do?

Sleeping pattern could be a reason...check your body clock and adjust sleep timings accordingly..my body clock wakes me up in 5 and half to 6 hours ..its a different thing that i am not waking up at amrit vela..and these days have disturbed sleep too so wake up feeling lethargic.

Edited by jaikaara

for the first 2 years of doing amrit vela i would never use an alarm clock...i would do an ardaas before sleep to ask guru ji to wake me up at the required time...and whenever i naturally woke up i would do my Amrit vela...

my sleeping pattern changed recently and now i set my phone alarm on so that i'm always up at the same time everyday...

fight the tiredness..eventually you will realise after a few weeks of feeling extra tired that your body doesnt need that much sleep anyway.

also when your simran starts to get deeper, it will rejuvinate you also...

just my experiences so far....god bless

what is your time for an amritvela? my workable suggestion:-

1. drink a lot of water an hour before sleeping... later after midnight you need to discharge the water ...

2. sleep 6 hours before the desire time with light dinner preferably before 7 and low on carbs.

3. if next to mosque .. the azan do help.

4. put the alarm clock or phone in the bathroom or out of the bedroom door.

5. as you lay on your bed just tell your mind absolutely and playfully that I want to get up at x am; and

if all the above failed, do ardas to Waheguru that purpose of getting up and while doing ardas must not have a slight drop of doubt.

It has been really hard for me to wake up at amritvela these days. I put my phone which I use as an alarm clock across the room so I would have to walk and turn it off but I wake up around 8:00 am confused how my phone came all the way back on my nightstand lol. I think I sleepwalk and turn it off. What should I do?

How are you getting on ji?

I am too having the same problem. Some months ago I had developed this wonderful habit of naturally waking up at around 4:30-5. That was when I used to go to the gurudwara too in the morning. But since some weeks I am struggling to wake up at amrit vela and continue my simran/path. The mobile alarm also does not seem to work now :-(