Hinduization Of Sikh Faith And History

mamta mohan

There are no divisions made for one community or other in Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sikhi was conceptualized in India and therefore will have elements and iconology from India..there is a bunch of hate mongers who want to show others down are bent upon creating hatred ..they are like ranghars...it is this lot which forms the Anti Dasam lobby who are against Baani of Guru Kalgidhar Paatsaah ji ..some are vocal some silent ..

Thanks for the explanation, jaikaara. As a sikh I try to follow Gurmat as much as I can leaving behind the manmat. Yes, the Vedas and the Puraanas are mentioned as well as Ram, Krishan and Allah. But for Sikhs it is Waheguru or Ik Onkaar.

There are no divisions made for one community or other in Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sikhi was conceptualized in India and therefore will have elements and iconology from India..there is a bunch of hate mongers who want to show others down are bent upon creating hatred ..they are like ranghars...it is this lot which forms the Anti Dasam lobby who are against Baani of Guru Kalgidhar Paatsaah ji ..some are vocal some silent ..

I get the picture. This is the only reason I just stick to what our Guru Sahibans have taught us because I know the Sikh world out there is very confusing and if you are not careful you can easily drown. I just stick to the SGGS and Banis of the Dasam Patshah ji and I don't look anywhere else for my spiritual journey. I am totally devoted to my faith. I don't agree with people that try to defame or question our Banis or holy Granths. I was quite shocked to read someone making a mockery of our Sacred Ardaas and our act of worship.

The holy SGGS is not an 'idol' because idols don't speak to you. The holy SGGS speaks to us instead, every time we open its holy Angs. So, I can't quite understand how it can be referred to as 'idol.' People normalyy recite prayers to the idols which don't speak or make noise. Our holy SGGS is the opposite, it speaks to us.

Edited by ASJ

Very good veere...Hukmai andar sabko ..Baahar Hukam na Koi....I was one of these hate mongers for a short time ..but the more i read baani ..the more i lost all this hate and prejudice...

I get the picture. This is the only reason I just stick to what our Guru Sahibans have taught us because I know the Sikh world out there is very confusing and if you are not careful you can easily drown. I just stick to the SGGS and Banis of the Dasam Patshah ji and I don't look anywhere else for my spiritual journey. I am totally devoted to my faith. I don't agree with people that try to defame or question our Banis or holy Granths. I was quite shocked to read someone making a mockery of our Sacred Ardaas and our act of worship.

The holy SGGS is not an 'idol' because idols don't speak to you. The holy SGGS speaks to us instead, every time when we open its holy Angs. So, I can't quite understand how it can be referred to as 'idol.' People normalyy recite prayers to the idols which don't speak or make noise. Our holy SGGS is the opposite, it speaks to us.

Very good veere...Hukmai andar sabko ..Baahar Hukam na Koi....I was one of these hate mongers for a short time ..but the more i read baani ..the more i lost all this hate and prejudice...

See, our Guru ji has spoken to us and transformed our thinking within a few seconds? This is what I was trying to say earlier on. Our Guru ji teaches us and forgives us when we surrender ourselves completely. Anyway, I hope I haven't said too much! Take care and may Waheguru ji's blessings be upon you.

Gurbar Akaal hi AKAALHHHH....May Satguru Sachche Paatsaah ji grant us sadbuddhi and keep us in Charhdikalaa...

See, our Guru ji has spoken to us and transformed our thinking within a few seconds? This is what I was trying to say earlier on. Our Guru ji teaches us and forgives us when we surrender ourselves completely. Anyway, I hope I haven't said too much! Take care and may Waheguru ji's blessings be upon you.

You seem to have done a 180 degree u-turn here. You were writing that the Guru Granth Sahib is worshipped like an idol yet now say that Gurbani rejects idol worship. So how should we treat the Guru Granth Sahib?

We treat/respect/worship Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as Waheguru themselves.

Guru Gobind Gobind Guru Hai Nanak Bhed Na Bhai

Well a Sanatan fool tried to equate the respect we give to Guru Granth Sahib to idol worship to please the Hindu idiots on here.. Shows he only knows how to post a few tuks without knowing what the tuks mean.

Back to the thread. The Hinduization of Sikhism comes from Sikh scholars going back into hindu scriptures (vedas, puranas etc) to

understand certain stories, mythologies, concepts and ideas. What is the entire story of Prahlad Bhagat? What is shastar vidya, the yugas,

how long, what is the Kalki Avataar, what are the 16 kalas possessed by him, what is shabad? Naam Simran? Its origins? How could God be

with form and without at the same time? What is the higher form of worship? Gunas?

To get these answers you have to go back to ancient scriptures, exactly what the great Sikh Gurus wanted.

Those are my two cents and Tony can use those two cents to pay off his loan.

Edited by Amandeep Hindustani

The visits to Hardwar were never regular and only took place when persons who were recent converts to Sikhi would keep up their ancestral routine of visiting Hardwar and getting the Pandas to record their visits. However when Sikhs were in the Doab to collect Rakhi or during the Kumbh then Sikh Rajas would attend with their armies. There is an instance of one such visit in 1796 which didn't end too well for the Hindus.

http://gt1588.com/iwitness-attack-on-fakirs-1796/

One of the amusing thing here is the way the Hindus have been posting videos of a minor sword fight at Durbar Sahib to show Sikhs in a bad light yet their Kumbh Mela resulted in violence between various sadhu groups in which thousands have been killed.

Not really. The Sikh Gurus themselves went numerous times. Hari Singh Nalwa at least 6 times. After each major battle on his last visit looking for a family purohit.

I dont like the fights between the Naga Sadhus. Usually, its because of which group gets the privilege of the first maha arthi. I believe hundreds died in the 80s when these bhangied up sadhus attacked each other.

Security has been tight since.

Koi

The reality is some Hindu religions treat/respect/worship certain Murtis as Waheguru.

And other Hindus also have Gurus whom they say is Waheguru and treat/respect/worship as Waheguru.

There are different religions that do different things. You have to look outside and see what's out there. What kinds of things are people up to.

Then you'll get a better perspective on life.

Koi

The reality is some Hindu religions treat/respect/worship certain Murtis as Waheguru.

And other Hindus also have Gurus whom they say is Waheguru and treat/respect/worship as Waheguru.

There are different religions that do different things. You have to look outside and see what's out there. What kinds of things are people up to.

Then you'll get a better perspective on life.

Whilst that may be true, it does not have any bearing on how a Sikh should worship his Guru.

Naanak Sodhhe Simrit Bed.

Parbraham Gur Naahi Bhed.