KURAHIT

jjj

JJJ,

Who said people who do kundalini yoga doesnt beleive in gristhi jeeva??.

Its true guroo's concentrated more on prema marg than praayanam marg. Which is not goin in jungles and toturing yourself. There are some form of yoga which relates with prayanayam and some dont. I dont think Kundalini yoga is an form of prayananm marg(Isiolation and Torturing yourself).

Perhaps deep spirit can enlighten us more.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Javanmard

No offence Deepspirit but Kundalini yoga existed well before Guru Ramdas Ji. You find mention of it in Gheranda Samhita, Kashmiri Agamas, and late Upanishads and the works of Gorakhnath. These movements and scriptures existed well before our Gurus. To say that Kundalini yoga was created by Guru Ramdas is historical non sense, hence my "pinch of salt" attitude with Yogi Bhajan and his "teachings". I am not saying that what he teaches is bad, but I am saying that he has created his own Kundalini yoga, which is different from any other traditional Indian form of Kundalini yoga. On the other hand Yogi Bhajan does not have any proper parampara with any of the four sampradayas. Some people would say that he has links with Baba Virsa Singh, an Udasi but Baba Virsa Singh is a self-proclaimed Udasi and he does not have any proper historical link with Udasis. There is kundalini in SIkhi but to say that Guru Ramdas created what Yogi Bhajan is teaching is a bit illogical.By the way, yes, I have studied Sanskrit and teach it.

JJJ,

you are right about saints having their own lifestyle. Thats a beauty of sikhism isnt it??. Its soo universal. It doesnt bind you in something that you dont feel comfortable with. Thats why you will see gurbani is so neutral and universal.

As far as not gettin married. I think thats an personal choice. Remember for an searcher..Searching for almighty and meeting gobind is everything. Some people have hard time pursuing their spirtual career while married and some people dont.

I would not even for second think people who get married and pursue their spirtual career offer bonus points in sachkhand compare to people who dont get married at all. Its optional not compulsary.

Gristhi jeevan itself very interesting topic. I m goin to create this separate topic under formal debates and discussion. Please join us there 8)

Knowledge of Kundalini existed long before Guru RaamDas....

Within texts that reveal the knowledge of Haath Yoga and Raaj Yoga, (that explain about "Pranaayam" - the control/retention of vital life force), there are mention of different kinds of Pranaayam, such as Soorya Behdhan that increase/enhance Kundalini ("basic") energy.

Patanjali's (author of Yoga Sootras) works divulge much on this...

(more coming on www.sanjamkiriya.org)

N3OSingh, You can follow Yoga if you want to. I dont see anywhere Gurbani supports it. I have met a good share of sikh saints who dont believe in it. I only take refuge in God which is straight and direct. I dont rely on a bunch of poses, breathing of dealing with chakra for my mukti. The refuge in God is the HIGHEST ONE !

Regarding marriage again, even I remember once a while I use to say I dont want to get married, but in reality married life is the fastest and easist way to meet God plus those who dont get married have a MUCH MUCH MUCH HARDER TIME DOING TAPSYA AND STUFF LIKE THAT. Guru Sahib Himself said that those who get married and remain faithful are teh perfect celibates and they are my Guru.

I met one saint and he told me a true story about a person who did not get married and spent his life doing all kind of tapsya, seva and simran and in the old age he fell prey to kaam just for once and his entire tapsya was destroyed and ruined. He use to cry, repent badly.

again, Guru Sahib themselves didnt need to get married but they showed us that we should live a married life-style by themselves marrying. So I will follow the example taught by Guru Sahib others can follow yoga and not get married they are not following the examples as taught by Guru Sahib but that doesnt mean they wont be successful .. they to can be successful. Even a mad man can find God, but here the topic is following Gurmat as taught by Guru Ji.