Is It Necessary To Jap Naam In Same Tone And Speed Everyday For Better Progress?

I sometimes feel more concentration in japing nam slowly like inhaling on waheeeeeeee and thn exhaling on guruuuuuuu..but sometimes i feel better in reciting little fast wahe guru wahe guru .but still i inhale on wahe snd exhale guru but fast this time..so my breathing patterns also change..Am i going wrong?

I sometimes feel more concentration in japing nam slowly like inhaling on waheeeeeeee and thn exhaling on guruuuuuuu..but sometimes i feel better in reciting little fast wahe guru wahe guru .but still i inhale on wahe snd exhale guru but fast this time..so my breathing patterns also change..Am i going wrong?

No, that's fine bro.

I think that you should do it at whatever speed or rate that you feel settled in.... I remember that for a very long time, I used to find it easier to start off at a certain continuous rate.. and then later I too would slow down as surti went more inwards... and the breathing would also get very shallow.

Remember that these techniques are just tools for this game of our mind... the object is to try and still it whilst keeping it's focus on waheguru and waheguru only.......So in my opinion, I don't think it really matters which way you do it as long as you can catch that mind from running in 10 directions and point it towards Akaal Purakh.

Oh yeah... another thing is that don't get in too much thought about trying to stop your thoughts either !!...(what??)

You see, we can end up just keeping our focus on trying to stop thoughts and then find that the mind is getting even busier by trying to catch and halt these very thoughts !!

I used to find that I often did this and would end up getting frustrated instead.

I remember that on here somewhere our bro Bhagat ji advising that you should become the ''observer'' instead... and just sit and observe the thoughts one by one but don't larch onto them. So, I took his advice and started this approach instead of trying to hammer down every thought that kept arising........ and in time my mind adapted and it became easier !! :D ...thanks Bhagat !

My pace naturally slows down as my breathing rate decreases. Actually now that I think about it; I sometimes jap independently of my breathing speed, but then sometimes I do map the jaaps to my inhaling and exhaling.

My pace naturally slows down as my breathing rate decreases. Actually now that I think about it; I sometimes jap independently of my breathing speed, but then sometimes I do map the jaaps to my inhaling and exhaling.

Just to add: though I've been doing it a few years now, I still consider myself an inexperienced newbie - so factor that in when you read my last post.

Rightly or wrongly I'm still slightly focused on my breath at this mo.