Casting an Evil Eye (Nazar laanee)

paapiman

Can someone please provide details on how people cast an evil eye?

Information from Katha (two different scholars):

1. A child who puts his fecal matter into his mouth, can cast an evil eye.

2. A mother is able to cast an evil eye on her child, especially if she is really happy with him/her.

Request - If someone does not believe in this concept, please stay away from this topic or start a new topic on it. Daas is also not interested in listening to opinion of scholars, associated with Missionaries.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

As for your question, people use many techniques to use negative forces or kala jaadu, Negative entities are attracted to feces, bad smell, alcohol, prostitution, lust, abandoned buildings. Some people try to capture these entities for their own selfish use. People who mess with such things end destroyed themselves in the end. For nazar people use salt and chillis etc etc

Add to that: urine, semen, blood, menstrual blood, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Add to that: urine, semen, blood, menstrual blood, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

Paapiman I have actually encountered so called negative entities, while out of body.  They are souls who got 'stuck' in low levels of reality or refuse to let go of this one. 

They are not attracted to physical things like blood, semen etc. Your thinking is so way off.. They have no physical body and experience through etheric subtle body. Physical things like 'Smells' etc do not affect them and natural bodily fluids do not either or else we are all in trouble at all times since we always possess these things inside us. Remember they exist outside the physical so our skin holding these things inside us means nothing. It's just another layer of 'space' to them (and to us too while out of body... Yes you can pass right through people) 

What does attract them is negative energy... Negative emotions like fear, greed, anger, jealousy, hatred, contempt, ego, superiority, it's the energy these emotions produce and these entities ARE energy so they thrive off it. 

Remember that all is really Waheguru... Even these negative entities. They are just lost in separation... Someday they will escape their torture and also progress spiritually as well.  Everything came from ONE and everything will eventually merge back into ONE 

Please don't think of these entities as something separate, evil etc. they came from same place as you and I.

Interesting perspective Satkirin, it holds some truth.

Another way to say is if a person spent all his life drinking alcohol, prostitution...these are the places his non-physical body would look for after his death. So negative entities will be attracted to negative places , no ?

I think there is something about rotten smell, that attracts this bad stuff, people use menses blood, cadavers, alcohol & sex as tantric methods. Even tho these are physical they must have some non-physical element to them that attracts.  Suleman ghost tape goes into details of these things. You should look it up here.

Bro, can you please provide more details, regarding the above? Any scholarly/scientific evidence?

Bhul chuk maaf

No mostly village anecdotes, there is no scientific proof.

It has more of a psychological component to it, kinda like a placebo effect, the power of mind to cure itself when it believes in something.

No mostly village anecdotes, there is no scientific proof.

It has more of a psychological component to it, kinda like a placebo effect, the power of mind to cure itself when it believes in something.

My aunt did something with the chilies on my younger brother (when he was a baby -- he was crying excessively) and it worked.

There might something going on, which science has yet to prove.

Correct me, if Daas is wrong -- due to a child's nirmal budhi (pure mind), he/she is able to see more entities than others.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Interesting perspective Satkirin, it holds some truth.

Another way to say is if a person spent all his life drinking alcohol, prostitution...these are the places his non-physical body would look for after his death. So negative entities will be attracted to negative places , no ?

I think there is something about rotten smell, that attracts this bad stuff, people use menses blood, cadavers, alcohol & sex as tantric methods. Even tho these are physical they must have some non-physical element to them that attracts.  Suleman ghost tape goes into details of these things. You should look it up here.

I guess attachment could be a big reason... like if a rich man just can't let go of his possessions when he dies, he can be drawn to them.  But it's not even the physical object itself anymore at that point, it just seems like a strong feeling of not being able to let go... think of a child who doesn't want to share a toy, event though they don't play with it anymore. It's this "mine mine mine" feeling but in such an overwhelming sense that the feeling itself is the entity.  There is no true evil... as everything comes from Waheguru and returns to Waheguru but it's in our separation, as separate beings we become lost. Experiencing through separate eyes is necessary, it's the whole process of the Universe / God becoming self-aware... but in this state, we forget where we came from.  These entities are just like us, on the same journey.  They have just gotten temporarily lost along the way.  For some it's anger... for others attachment... for others jealousy etc.  

As for smell etc - It's not the physical things themselves but the actions etc associated with them.  Blood is associated with violence, and can attract those who had violent tendencies, not because it's the blood which attracted them, but because of some action surrounding it and the energy from that action.  Menstrual blood however, was actually used in opposite sense by several ancient societies - in rituals not as a symbol of anything unclean or impure or decaying etc. But actually as a symbol of fertility, life force etc.  Those societies knew the link between menstruation and bringing new life.  Thus the energy they created by thinking of it in this way, would never have drawn a negative energy, only positive.  Because their energy was positive.... Remember its not the physical object but the energy that is put to it.  So if the thought of a particular group are that women are impure or unclean because of menstruation then that negative energy created by their thoughts will attract the negative, and not the blood itself.  Does that make sense? 

My aunt did something with the chilies on my younger brother (when he was a baby -- he was crying excessively) and it worked.

There might something going on, which science has yet to prove.

Correct me, if Daas is wrong -- due to a child's nirmal budhi (pure mind), he/she is able to see more entities than others.

Bhul chuk maaf

It's not the fact that they have a pure mind which allows them to see more entities... though they do have by default a pure mind.  It's the fact that while young they have not yet been taught that these things are not real.  If children are nurtured to embrace their spiritual abilities instead of growing up telling them it was just invisible friends, or their imagination etc, then we'd have more adults who have spiritual abilities.  Tell them enough that what they experience is not real and just their imagination, and eventually they actually stop seeing.

"should keep in mind that the evil eye is not some old-fashioned superstitious belief of interest solely to antiquarians. The evil eye continues to be a powerful factor affecting the behavior of countless millions of people throughout the world."

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://www.livescience.com/40633-evil-eye.html

Bhul chuk maaf

^^^ Spot on!  Compassion for them will ultimately help them to transcend this negative place they are in, accept what has happened, and be able to continue on with their spiritual journey like rest of us.  

Edit: And anyone seeking to use negative energy to their own advantage, will only find themselves in the same predicament in the end.  Please don't play with this stuff. 

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

^^^ Spot on!  Compassion for them will ultimately help them to transcend this negative place they are in, accept what has happened, and be able to continue on with their spiritual journey like rest of us.  

Edit: And anyone seeking to use negative energy to their own advantage, will only find themselves in the same predicament in the end.  Please don't play with this stuff. 

excellent   warning 

The below website seems like a good source of knowledge, regarding evil eye.

In today’s materialistic world, most people have personality defects and vices such as jealousy, hatred, hunger for publicity etc. Vibrations generated from these vices have a spiritually distressing effect on us. This is what is termed as getting afflicted by the evil eye.

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-problems/evil-eye/

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Exactly Paapiman, its the energy that you create by having these negative feelings which draws negativity to you.  You do not have to be a Brahamgyani to remove negativity from your life.  Just follow Gurbani... have compassion for everyone, treat everyone equally, be humble not proud, give respect instead of expecting it, give of yourself instead of expecting others to give to you, and don't expect anything in return, help the needy and downtrodden, do at least one good act every single day - even something as small as helping an elder across a street, it will do wonders for attracting positive energy into your life.

It is no big deal to encounter evil or negative souls.  They are everywhere and you do not have to be out of your body to see or sense them.

When they stand in your way or try to block your way all you have to do is tell them lovingly and gently,  please, let me get on with my task.  Love is very important because if they sense your fear they will not leave. Love is a positive feeling where as fear is not.  They are attracted to negative environment and your fear will make them stay longer.   Also, repeat Satnam Vaheguru while you are walking through them.  They will never hurt anyone and all they need is reassurance that there is love and compassion in your heart for them whoever they are.  They are lost because they failed to experience love and compassion for others and were busy carrying out hurtful and negative activities while they were alive.  So be kind to them in your heart when you sense their presence and they will leave.

Is this advice from pesonal experience ? Have you encountered a negative entity and then helped it with love ? or is it just an assumption that you make ?

If you have a pending Karma with a spirit, I am not sure Love will help lol, read about suleman.

Most of us, including me, have not experienced such stuff, only heard stories.

When my uncle's  grandmother was possessed by a Zahari Muslim Peer,  it was only Chandi Di Var Path for 40 days that helped plus shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji Kaleran.

If the spirits are stronger than you , and want to hurt you , they will throw you and toss you around like a doll. Love will not help then. You can only help someone including spirits when you yourself have access to the power of God i.e great nitnemi rehatvan Gursikh.

Love will set these souls free.  

I agree with you entirely.  Love is a positive power,  it helps to deter any evil soul from causing damage to you or your surroundings.  Recitation of Gubani is very, very powerful because it creates a positive environment where it is being recited whether inside the Gurdwara Sahib or in your heart.  It is highly charged with positive energy and no bhoot pret can come near it.  So, I think I know what you mean.  Gurbani is positive and full of love.  When we are feeling down and have lost all hope our Paath helps us, provided we do it with full faith.  We have to have FAITH.  Faith is important.  Naam simran energizes us and our surroundings with positive vibes and it is the same when we come in contact with the aura of a Mahapurash,  because the aura of a great Mahapurash is so large and well spread that once we enter it we are protected from all dangers and truly blessed and helped.

Recitation of Bani with love and full faith will help these negative souls.  The reason they are totally trapped and lost is due to the very fact they never remembered Waheyguru when they were alive. Troubled souls do get helped with Paath and love.