Destiny?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I wanted ask for the Sangat's views on a situation one of my friends is in, and if possible, some advice.

My close friend used to be in school with an older guy many years ago. Although they felt an attraction between each other, they didn't speak much, and didn't get a chance to develop a friendship between themselves.

He is a GurSikh guy, and seems perfect for her. They lost touch, however my friend posted a query on a Sikh discussion forum, and he recognised her name and responded.

They interacted through the internet for some time and are now very close. She believes she loves him, and he loves her. When I asked her how this was so, when it was only through the internet that they developed their relationship, she says it's because she has always felt their connection, but they never developed anything beyond a casual acquaintance, because of circumstances all those years ago.

The guy also felt the same way during the time they spent together in school, but he only mentioned his feelings now.

My question is this, bearing in mind all of the above, should my friend meet the love of her life? How should she handle the situation? Also, what do you believe about destiny? Are we predestined to meet the love of our lives, whatever the circumstances?

Gurfateh

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gurpreet Kaur

I think your friend should take her chance. You mentioned that the guy is a Gursikh.. is your friend also religious ?. If she is and if both of them have been truthful to each other than I think there is nothing wrong in them renewing their acquaintence. She should take things slow and get to know him really well. Also it is always not possible to know whether the person she knew briefly then will still be the same guy she knew. But from what you have written it appears that this person though older may be the perfect guy for her. She should go for it.

As for destiny, I do believe there is someone out there for everyone..

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Gurpreet Kaur, you refer to these people as "Gursikhs", yet they seem to be caught up in a dilemma regarding their attachement to one another. Perhaps another definition is in order? Or are we to admit, even "Gursikhs" are capable of falling in love and attachment? Is this compassion? Or lust? Or desire?

Does this scenario mean that cyber-dating/online relationships/flirting etc. amongst "Gursikhs" is now acceptable? Or can one hide being the veil of a "Gursikh" image allow one to persue such actions?

Gurpreet Kaur, you refer to these people as "Gursikhs", yet they seem to be caught up in a dilemma regarding their attachement to one another. Perhaps another definition is in order? Or are we to admit, even "Gursikhs" are capable of falling in love and attachment? Is this compassion? Or lust? Or desire?

Does this scenario mean that cyber-dating/online relationships/flirting etc. amongst "Gursikhs" is now acceptable? Or can one hide being the veil of a "Gursikh" image allow one to persue such actions?

r u saying narsinha that if we r into sikhi we cant have love marriages?? wat is wrong in knowing someone and hoping for a future together ??? :? :?:

and please dont point at people regarding whether how much Gursikh they are or arent...cuz Guru Ji said to become the dust of all whether gursikh and manmukhs...so y point...it makes it sound as if u r looking upon people not gursikhs as INFERIOR..its not a nice thing...

fateh :P

• 4 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I wanted ask for the Sangat's views on a situation one of my friends is in, and if possible, some advice.

My close friend used to be in school with an older guy many years ago. Although they felt an attraction between each other, they didn't speak much, and didn't get a chance to develop a friendship between themselves.

He is a GurSikh guy, and seems perfect for her. They lost touch, however my friend posted a query on a Sikh discussion forum, and he recognised her name and responded.

They interacted through the internet for some time and are now very close. She believes she loves him, and he loves her. When I asked her how this was so, when it was only through the internet that they developed their relationship, she says it's because she has always felt their connection, but they never developed anything beyond a casual acquaintance, because of circumstances all those years ago.

The guy also felt the same way during the time they spent together in school, but he only mentioned his feelings now.

My question is this, bearing in mind all of the above, should my friend meet the love of her life? How should she handle the situation? Also, what do you believe about destiny? Are we predestined to meet the love of our lives, whatever the circumstances?

Gurfateh

Though.. i think i am late, i will put my inputs here.

Things/issue become as complicated as we make them. Keep the life simple. If she is feel love for him and now quite sure that he is too feelings same way. Go ahead. What she is waiting for? She got a second chance.. to met that love.. no matter what was the medium. Well.. true, there is some risk involved.. but its always there.. whenever you love somebody... the risk is there.. but u got to believe to get the love... Take the Risk..

One more thing i would like to add here.. Love is a BIG feeling... a BIG pious and scared feeling... It joins two hearts... give meaning to this life... unless and untill you have some specific goals which stops you from falling in love with a person, Don't bother! Love is base for almost all the religions... it should matter less.. that the other person is of the same religion or not. if it is a love... give priority to this..... (unless. you are totally devoted to the GOD, in that case, anyway, these things wont hit ur heart)!!!! Love is a religion in itself which is superset of all the religions..!!