British jihadis in Bangladesh fanning flames of extremism, says Dhaka

The prime minister of Bangladesh has warned David Cameron that he needs to do more to combat radicalism amid concerns that British jihadis are fuelling a rise in extremism in the world’s third most populous Muslim nation.

Security and intelligence experts in Dhaka says British jihadis are stoking an Islamist revival in Bangladesh, schooling a new generation of young religious radicals sympathetic to Isis.

Recruiters and extremist funding from Britain’s Bengali diaspora communities are encouraging locals to join the cause of international jihad, and the number of Bangladeshis involved in salafi groups is rising, the experts say.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/16/british-jihadis-bangladesh-extremism-uk-isis-sheikh-hasina

I don't think the british jihadis are to blame entirely. the jihadis ijn bangladesh have been very active for decades, targeting HIndus and liberal muslims. Remember Taslima case from the mid 90s? That was when this islamo-fascism came to prominence.

I know people have been going abroad from Britain to fight in jihads since the 80s. Before it was ever an issue here. 

I got to say, growing up in East London: something in the very culture and society of England seems to almost produce jihadi fundamentalist types. 

These types then go on to bolster other jihadi movements abroad.