Sikh protest and Indian clampdown

truthseeker546

HI all,

I have seen some reports on social media about some fighting taking place in India, well Kashmir if I'm not mistaken. Indian government clamping down hard on peaceful protests.

It wasn't made clear why they are protesting - at first I thought maybe it was maybe a pro khalistan type of demonstration, but I don't think it was. Someone has been burning copies of the SGGS or something like that? can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

HI all,

I have seen some reports on social media about some fighting taking place in India, well Kashmir if I'm not mistaken. Indian government clamping down hard on peaceful protests.

It wasn't made clear why they are protesting - at first I thought maybe it was maybe a pro khalistan type of demonstration, but I don't think it was. Someone has been burning copies of the SGGS or something like that? can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Its all about who shot the first shot ..! my friends tell me the crowds are under control of those elements wanting to create mischief ..None of the mainstream Udasi Nihang Sewapanthi are heading the agitation so really dont know who is right ..

what actually happened? why the protests? someone just told there have been issues between two groups within the Sikh community, one of which burned or tore up the SGGS. along with other similar incidents recently, which has lead up to this? is that true? Who are the two groups and why burn the SGGS, surely both believe in it?

Thanks Satkirin, but I kind of new most of that as per my first post. I wanted to know why different people within Sikhism would burn/tear the SGGS ? One newspaper did mention a Sikh person who they thought was responsible for the incident?

Is this a struggle between two groups ? What is the underlining cause behind these attacks ? Does anyone know?