Nails and Sikhism

Cutting nails for hygiene and cleaning under them should not need to be reiterated in a rhetnama should it?? LOL common sense!  

At first I thought from the title this post would be speaking about like what someone did with Yogi Bhajans nails... One of his followers kept YBs nail clippings and sold them believing them to have some sort of special powers.  Oh wait I just re read Paapimans post.. He did say super natural powers... Errrr 

Here: 

"Guruka Singh of SikhNet states, "...I kept the nail clippings (of Yogi Bhajan's) in the napkin and placed them in my Nitnem....Then he (Yogi Bhajan) looked at me and extended the wrapped napkin to me saying, "You want these(the fingernails of Yogi Bhajan), right?" I(Guruka Singh) replied in the affirmative. He smiled and said, "They will give you a lot of power and protect you." I took the folded napkin gratefully and thanked him....I kept the nail clippings in the napkin and placed them in my Nitnem....We bought a lovely antique gold locket with three diamonds on it and Guruka started wearing it..."

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

It seems that Jogis grow long nails. Does anyone know why?

ਭੇਖੀ ਜੋਗਨ ਭੇਖ ਦਿਖਾਏ ॥ ਨਾਹਨ ਜਟਾ ਬਿਭੂਤ ਨਖਨ ਮੈ ਨਾਹਿਨ  ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਰੰਗਾਏ ॥

O Yogis, the believers in various guises ! You are only exhibiting the outer garb, but that Lord cannot be realized by growing matted locks, by smearing ashes, by growing nails and by wearing the dyed clothes;

Reference http://searchgurbani.com/dasam_granth/search_results

Bhul chuk maaf