Miserable death of a Nindak (Slanderer)

paapiman

Important lesson to be learnt from the above - Never do ninda of a Saint, in front of another Saint, otherwise, one might end up in massive trouble. Even Satguru jee (Almighty God) might be unable to save that slanderer from a Saint's curse. Be very cautious with your words every time you talk (especially when in company of Saints).

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥

The devotee can release anyone from my bondage, but I cannot release anyone from his.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, hsingh6 said:

Guest jee,

The reference in Sri Sukhmani Sahib to a Sant is actually to Sri Guru Granth Sahib and not a human being. 

regards

Brother, SSGGSJ is the incarnation of the Almighty God, not a mere Saint. Maharaaj can convert hardcore evil men into Saints.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 hours ago, Koi said:

In Anand Chamatkar, it goes on further to say Baba Harnaam Singh Ji did take back his curse eventually at the behest of Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji

Bro, did he take back the curse for this world or hereafter? Please do clarify.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

56451d5e1f60f_santandguru.thumb.jpg.a64d

56451d6e8f96b_santandguru-2.thumb.jpg.f0

Notice that Satguru jee has used the word "ਇਕੁ" (singular) for Raam (Almighty God - Satguru jee), while "ੲੇਕੁ"(plural) for Sant. Therefore, one cannot claim that the word "Sant" always refers to Satguru jee (Almighty God), as Sikhs believe in monotheism.

All the Satgurus, after first master, used the word "Nanak" while reciting Gurbani (in SSGGSJ), clearly indicating that all the ten Satgurus had the same jot. This indicates that one cannot use a plural word (from one perspective) to describe them.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

5 hours ago, Koi said:

He took it back after Channan Singh died. At the behest of Baba Nand Singh Ji, they took back their curse, saying "he will no longer remain in hell"

Dhan Dhan Baba Nand Singh jee Kaleranwale

Dhan Dhan Baba Mahaharnaam Singh jee Buchonwale

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

• 1 month later...

You should never slander anyone fullstop.  Whether in front of them or any other place.

You never know who is a saint anyway.  Someone might seem really different externally but inside by a saint.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me but:

1. Getting Furious

2. Giving Curses

3. Refusing to give forgiveness

These do not seem like saintly qualities.  How can you even ascribe such powers to humans?  This is an insult to God.

You people need to develop some critical thinking skills.  A lover of God would never wish harm on anyone.  Nor do they care about 'insults'.  

Read the scans above, and going by the purported speech, Harnaam Singh was just talking about the karmic consequences of insulting a Sant (as described in Sukhmani).  He did not utter any 'curse'.

The description "got furious, rubbed his hands together and uttered a curse" is actually quite amusing.

who wrote this book? did they tape record the events?  can you even remember a conversation you had last month?  let alone something someone said years and years ago.

On 1/4/2016 at 7:29 PM, Guest said:

You should never slander anyone fullstop.  Whether in front of them or any other place.

Someone might seem really different externally but inside by a saint.

Excellent points.

ਨਿੰਦਾ ਭਲੀ ਕਿਸੈ ਕੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੁਗਧ ਕਰੰਨਿ ॥

It is not good to slander anyone, but the foolish, self willed manmukhs still do it.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 1/14/2016 at 3:51 PM, Guest said:

Excuse me but:

1. Getting Furious

2. Giving Curses

Are you aware that Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master) cursed two Raagis (Baba Satta jee and Baba Balwanda jee), when they insulted Sri Satguru jee (First Master)?

Are you aware that Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master) cursed Kana jee, by stating that he won't be able to reach Lahore?

Are you aware that Sri Satguru jee (Eighth master) uttered that Baba Ram Rai jee will be burn't alive?

Baba Mahaharnaam Singh jee cursed him because he had insulted another great Gurmukh Saint in front of him. Baba jee would not have cursed him, if he had only insulted him personally. 

Getting Furious -- Have you heard of the term "Bir Ras"?

3. Refusing to give forgiveness

That Nindak was forgiven later.

How can you even ascribe such powers to humans?  This is an insult to God.

The Saints mentioned above are not ordinary humans. They merged with the Almighty Lord. Saints/Gurmukhs have immense powers.

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest real bir ras
53 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Are you aware that Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master) cursed two Raagis (Baba Satta jee and Baba Balwanda jee), when they insulted Sri Satguru jee (First Master)?   Are you aware that Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master) cursed Kana jee, by stating that he won't be able to reach Lahore?   Are you aware that Sri Satguru jee (Eighth master) uttered that Baba Ram Rai jee will be burn't alive?    Baba Mahaharnaam Singh jee cursed him because he had insulted another great Gurmukh Saint in front of him. Baba jee would not have cursed him, if he had only insulted him personally. Rubbish.. Read the stories properly and apply gurmat to them.

Getting Furious -- Have you heard of the term "Bir Ras"? yes, "bir ras" has nothing to do with getting furious or angry..  don't you understand that bir ras is about fighting with pure prem. prem for hukam and prem for walking on the very thin line of double edged sword. How can you have fury and anger in that?

The Saints mentioned above are not ordinary humans. They merged with the Almighty Lord. Saints/Gurmukhs have immense powers. Humans are born from womb. and "Bhaee prapat manukh dehuria, gobind milan kee eh teree bariaa." so you saying that after someone merges with gobind, they then use immense powers to curse other manmukhs.

28 minutes ago, Guest real bir ras said:

How about you explain those stories and teach me Gurmat?

Sant jee had conquered all vices. He spoke those words in Bir Ras.

Gurmukhs's bachans are really powerful, so Manmukhs should think twice before they insult Sri Satguru jee or his loved ones in front of them.

Bhul chuk maaf

'Bir ras', I assume, means 'Bir' as in 'Veer' (warrior).  That has nothing to do with krodh (anger).  You think 'bir ras' is destroying some ordinary person's health with  'super powers' because they said something that upset you?  If they have 'merged with Akaal Purakh' how then do they have any separate will to do such things?  

So if someone insults my friend, I am right to get angry and then poison them to death?  Isn't that basically the same thing?

You seriously think Guru Arjan Dev ji got offended at something someone said and then got angry and cursed them?  Have you read his Bani?  Does this sound consistent with his character to you?  Read SGGS: to a saint there is no difference between praise and slander (Guru Tegh Bahadurs ji's Bani).  Anger is not accepted at all.  And nobody has any power except God.  Kabir says forgiveness is a game the saints play.  A holy person doesn't fear anyone or cause anyone to fear him/her.  

19 hours ago, Guest guest said:

'Bir ras', I assume, means 'Bir' as in 'Veer' (warrior).  That has nothing to do with krodh (anger).  If they have 'merged with Akaal Purakh' how then do they have any separate will to do such things?  

So what do you think Sikh Saints/warriors were doing, when they were killing thousands of tyrants? How did they have the separate will to do such things?

Channan Singh was an egoistic person and a non-believer. He got, what he deserved. God hates ego, as per Gurbani. How do you know that he was not a danger to society? Did you read the above anecdote carefully?

19 hours ago, Guest guest said:

You seriously think Guru Arjan Dev ji got offended at something someone said and then got angry and cursed them?  Have you read his Bani?  Does this sound consistent with his character to you?  Read SGGS: to a saint there is no difference between praise and slander (Guru Tegh Bahadurs ji's Bani).  Anger is not accepted at all.  And nobody has any power except God.  Kabir says forgiveness is a game the saints play.  A holy person doesn't fear anyone or cause anyone to fear him/her.  

Do not divert the discussion. Have you read the Sakhis regarding Kana jee, Baba Satta jee/Baba Balwanda jee and Baba Ram Rai jee?

Once again, Sant jee has conquered anger. Our Satgurus fought battles and killed thousands. People might argue that they were acting in anger. But they were not.

Saints/Gurmukhs are given immense powers by the Almighty Lord, Waheguru. 

Which holy person has caused fear? 

Also, show some respect to Shromani Bhagat Baba Kabir jee Maharaaj. Don't just used his name without prefix/suffix. Are you a Sikh or a Non-Sikh?

Bhul chuk maaf

15 hours ago, Guest guest said:

You think 'bir ras' is destroying some ordinary person's health with  'super powers' because they said something that upset you?  

Did you read the anecdote carefully? Channan Singh did not insult Baba Harnaam Singh jee, but insulted another great Saint, in front of him.

Bhul chuk maaf

There are a lot of different spiritual states, not every devotee is "merged with God".  Those sikhs who fought virtuous battles were doing their ethical duty in the circumstances they found themselves in.  This is not the same as wishing ill will on their enemies.

God doesn't hate anything (Nirvair).  And I don't believe that it is your (or my) place to say what anyone 'deserves'.  If you believe in God, why don't you leave it to Him to punish people?

I didn't divert the conversation, you gave the example of Guru Arjan Dev.  And no i don't pay much attention to sakhis in much the same way I don't pay much attention to rumours etc

The book you scanned says he "got furious".  But you are saying he was above anger.  Then you are asking me if I read it properly???

You ask me who is promoting fear?  You have called this thread 'miserable death of a slanderer' and claimed that a person got cursed because they said something someone didn't like.  By the way, how do you know who is a saint etc and of what level?

I don't think Bhagat Kabir would care about being 'shown respect' by me mindlessly adding a bunch of titles every time I said his name.  I think it is your own pride that demands it and gets offended.  What is it to you if i simply use his name?  People should talk the way that comes naturally to them, why should they try and fake it by imitating others?  I certainly didn't mean any disrespect.