Dreams

Ragmaala

Guest guest

you claim to be educated in psychiatry in another thread, yet you ask such a stupid question?  seriously?

no it doesnt mean anything. 

what do you think it means?  sorry but you are not 'the chosen one' or whatever you are hoping someone to say etc

On 2016-03-14 at 7:28 PM, Guest guest said:

you claim to be educated in psychiatry in another thread, yet you ask such a stupid question?  seriously?

what do you think it means?  sorry but you are not 'the chosen one' or whatever you are hoping someone to say etc

My questions are designed to invite open dialogue & conversations. Most of the time, I already know the answers. But I like to hear the perspective & views of other people.

My questions can range from a stupid to intermediate to advanced level...I do it on a purpose. Only few people get my purpose.

I am glad you are following my posts closely. Why dont you register like a proper person, as our famous paapiman says.

Don't take life seriously...have some sense of humor...

Let me give you few examples of kind of discussions these questions can generate, so you can understand my true purpose

- 3:00 AM is a famous time in a certain horror movie--> I think scary movie 4

- Discussion about Amrit Vela

- Discussion about Nightmares/Nightterrors...real diagnosis in Psychiatry

- Amount of unlimited funny discussion

Hope that answers your queries.

My questions are mostly rhetoric or an attempt to generate discussion or just a way sharing my life anonymously..

@Gunahgar

He will say he won't register because he wants people to focus on the discussion rather than the person. But he will himself make derogatory posts about people rather than have a discussion like an adult.

I say ignore the kid. You don't have to explain yourself to people like that.

Anyways
The fact that you had a scary dream in itself means that more bhagti is needed.
However specific meanings of the dream or lessons to be learned from the dream, depends on the content of the dream. It depends on what exactly happened in the dream.

So what happened in your dream?

I say the same as Bhagat...  It depends on what happened and more than that you should try and recall with what your emotional state was in the dream and what were you thinking or wanting even?............You don't need to tell anyone but that's for you to contemplate on.

Nowadays, I do try and decipher the messages in my dream and to be honest, they are mostly about learning and self-development..   

Anyway, as per the other thread and on a diagnostic note........-->>have these nightmares coincided with the deeper sleep states from 5-HT? .......either way, more bhagti needs to be done is always the bottom line answer for deciphering nightmares. it's a need to better yourself.

Lets start off with some definitions.

Nightmare - happens during REM stage , and you can remember the dream.

Nighterror- you wake up in terror, it happens in deep sleep state and you don't remember it.

"Usually sleepers pass through five stages: 1, 2, 3, 4 and REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. These stages progress cyclically from 1 through REM then begin again with stage 1. A complete sleep cycle takes an average of 90 to 110 minutes. The first sleep cycles each night have relatively short REM sleeps and long periods of deep sleep but later in the night, REM periods lengthen and deep sleep time decreases."

9 hours ago, Lucky said:

have these nightmares coincided with the deeper sleep states from 5-HT?

yes, lucky there might be a correlation with 5-HT, that night I did take 5-HT. It may or may not be one of the factors.

Also, my Dad has been kinda telling me to wake up during early morning...some of these feelings might have transferred into the dream.

So here's what happened exactly. I made sure to repeat the details in my mind to memorize it , right after I woke up.lol.

I am lying down in my bed in my old house in India. As usual, I become aware & I am not able to move my body that much. I hear a sound of football just outside my window . I realize someone is here. Maybe a robber. I can see the front doors of my room, they open to the vehda outside. I see the guy. He is trying to break in the doors. The doors were locked so I was relieved. All this time I am stuck in my bed and cannot move. Suddenly, he breaks in and tries to get on top of me. I grab his hands with my hands , and I am trying to wrestle him while shouting at him. His eyes were lit up like cats eyes, like they were shining & fluorescent, and he was wearing a nok wali turban, might have looked like a relative.

Then my dad hears the screaming & wake me up. Then I woke up, and memorized the whole thing in my mind. F

Here is my reasoning: 

-5-ht can play a role, but these things have happened even without 5-ht, so it does not explaining causation.

- also discussion with Dad about Amritvela, & my guilty feelings taking form of a dream

- just before sleeping that night, I did some focusing exercise/ meditation ~20mins  by shining a white light on pic of Guru Nanaks feet. So that might explain the shining cat eyes of the person who was trying to pin me down. Maybe a cleansing might have happened, if it did thats good thing.

I am just sharing my thoughts & experiences. Might or might not be significant, obviously I wouldnt talk about this in public except here lol.

22 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Guest jee... Everything has a meaning, you just gotta look into it. The more meaning you Tryna find, the merrier awareness you have. 

21 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

My questions are designed to invite open dialogue & conversations. Most of the time, I already know the answers. But I like to hear the perspective & views of other people.

My questions can range from a stupid to intermediate to advanced level...I do it on a purpose. Only few people get my purpose.

I am glad you are following my posts closely. Why dont you register like a proper person, as our famous paapiman says.

I also claim to have knowledge not only in psychiatry but also Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Neurology, and so on etc.

I infact diagnosed the Cholecystitis of our famous Harkiran Kaur Wanda Ji, and told her to rush her ass to ER. And she thanked me for it.

Anyways, enough self praise.

Don't take life seriously...have some sense of humor...

Let me give you few examples of kind of discussions these questions can generate, so you can understand my true purpose

- 3:00 AM is a famous time in a certain horror movie--> I think scary movie 4

- Discussion about Amrit Vela

- Discussion about Nightmares/Nightterrors...real diagnosis in Psychiatry

- Amount of unlimited funny discussion

Hope that answers your queries.

My questions are mostly rhetoric or an attempt to generate discussion or just a way sharing my life anonymously..

Who is harkiran Kaur Wanda ji? I have seen that name under the basic of sikhi channel long time ago . Lol. Yes I have a stalking nature, don't judge me lol 

15 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

she is famous on the internet, just do a google search.

http://newseastwest.com/canadian-navys-first-turbaned-woman-wanda-mcdonald-explains-why-she-became-a-sikh/

The only other celebrity we have here is Bhagat Singh.  http://www.sikhiart.com/

I dont know about the rest.

Ohhhhh now I get it.

yup and both of them Canadians don't get along. :p lol

Edit: I am a fan of paapiman ji's humility. So he gets into a celebrity list too lol 

22 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

I dont follow them closely.  The other thread was posted just before this one.  I saw one after the other.

I actually wish everyone here would all unregister and post anonymously.  Different strokes...

I do however apologise to you for being rude, and posting a totally unnecessary response in the first place. 

Guest guest
1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Guest jee... Everything has a meaning, you just gotta look into it. The more meaning you Tryna find, the merrier awareness you have. 

i disagree.  i think projecting meaning onto things is basically making things up.  better to be free of beliefs rather than burdened by them.

Guest guest
On 14/03/2016 at 11:17 PM, Gunahgar said:

Should I take it as a message from Universe to wake up & feel blessed ?

in reference to the response to Gurpreet above.  to the above i would rephrase as "it has woken me up at Amrit Vela, which is a good/useful thing".  rather than 'a message from the universe'.

the latter approach seems like the road to superstition.  attributing false causes etc

Guest guest
5 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

maintaining your composure... (as opposed to panicking) is a gateway to a higher level spirituality.

well we could say that about anything really.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

The more meaning you Tryna find, the merrier awareness you have. 

sorry to keep quoting.  anyway if the above does indeed have that effect i would not criticise it. 

32 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Yes becoming aware during sleep, when your body is in paralysis, and maintaining your composure during that paralysis (as opposed to panicking) is a gateway to a higher level spirituality.

I never thought it that way. I always thought it was a physiological way to protect the body from harming itself.. But I guess its deeper than that,,,