Discussion on Bullying, Nindya & How to handle Nindya like Bhagat Kabir Ji.

Rock

15 minutes ago, Rock said:

Your articulation is very good. But serious question do you get tired when typing or articulating a perfect argument because I do for sure & I don't bother lol.

I actually think my articulation is terrible, not at the level I want, and I see my posts as practicing my articulation.

It is a lot less tiring nowadays.  Before it used to be extremely tiring for me.

I started to notice that on some days I posted, it was not tiring. On other days I posted and it was extremely tiring and would leave me exhausted. And I paid attention to that.

On the days it was tiring, I was fighting people and resisting them. Even on days I was being polite in the forums, I was fighting them in my thoughts. I was giving them my power and I was wasting a lot of energy in the process.

I noticed that when I was pure in my thought and saw my posts as sharing (as opposed to resisting), a lot of wasted energy was saved. These days went by effortlessly.

Now I try to conserve energy by being like what Kabir ji is describing above. The same principle that he used to absorb the nindak's power is what I use to save my energy.

11 minutes ago, Rock said:

So if someone is thinking ill of me even if he is far away he is automatically giving me power. All I have to do is not think ill of anyone hmm  sounds like a good deal. 

But I don't have many enemies yet...time to make some  /jk

Lol you won't have to actively seek out your enemies. Your enemies will seek you.

Yes you simply see them as a part of you. If they are a part of you, any energy they have is your energy.

2 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

I actually think my articulation is terrible, not at the level I want, and I see my posts as practicing my articulation.

It is a lot less tiring nowadays.  Before it used to be extremely tiring for me.

I started to notice that on some days I posted, it was not tiring. On other days I posted and it was extremely tiring and would leave me exhausted. And I paid attention to that.

On the days it was tiring, I was fighting people and resisting them. Even on days I was being polite in the forums, I was fighting them in my thoughts. I was giving them my power and I was wasting a lot of energy in the process.

I noticed that when I was pure in my thought and saw my posts as sharing (as opposed to resisting), a lot of wasted energy was saved.

Now I try to conserve energy by being like what Kabir ji is describing above. The same principle that he used to absorb the nindak's power is what I use to save my energy.

I really like this concept and my takeaway is to go to the level of thoughts and try to keep them pure regardless of what anybody says. And I like this idea of absorbing someones power haha.  Its kinda like Cell from DBZ ;)

But I am not a feminist! Feminists strive to put men in disadvantage! I don't. I only want to see parity. Equal opportunity especially in our own religion!  I do not hate men.  You calling me feminist is nindiya! 

A feminist would look to put men in lower position, like the opposite of what is happening to women.  However I don't want to take anything away from men, I just want to have the same opportunities as them and not be seen as inferior. 

The difference is that male chauvenists seek to keep women in a lower position with less rights and opportunities. 

Humanists (which is what I am) look to have equal opportunities and rights

Feminists seek to put men in the lower position with less rights and opportunities (or consider women's rights to the detriment of what men have now)

Because you subscribe to male superiority, I have not called you a chauvenist have I? I have only approached it from the side of the women point of view saying that its unfair to make women have to 'obey' men and have less rights.  That does not mean I hate men! 

And why do YOU get to decide whether or not I am doing nindiya or joking?  In the case of that staying at home comment, I WAS joking.  Gurpreet knew I was LOL. 

1 minute ago, Rock said:

I really like this concept and my takeaway is to go to the level of thoughts and try to keep them pure regardless of what anybody says. And I like this idea of absorbing someones power haha.  Its kinda like Cell from DBZ ;)

Lol.
Another related reference is the Hulk from Avengers.

Banner says "That's my secret captain, I am always angry"

And then he immediately transforms into the Hulk and punches the alien monster that is charging at him.

This has spiritual significance.

Hulk is the manifestation of anger as a physical phenomenon. Banner realizes that the Hulk is a part of him and that Hulk's essence is anger. So when he goes into his essence "I am always angry" ie "I am always that essence", then Hulk's power becomes his power and Hulk no longer has any power over Banner.

For us that essence is the Atma. When we go into our essence, we become Atma (angry) then we become Parm Atma (Hulk).

Speaking of anger, notice how the DBZ characters (Goku, etc) also gain power like this. They generate anger by screaming loudly. After hours of screaming, become purely angry (and also lose their voice), and because they have trained to be pure in thought, they harness the power of the anger, instead of letting the anger drain them.

@BhagatSingh    But how do you take this in a real life work scenario .  How do you handle an angry supervisor or a colleague who tries to put you down for any reason. In that scenario, a little resilience is needed. How do you keep your thoughts Nirvair when you are angry at them. And keeping quiet is not an option since you might be seen as weak or doormat.

Also it seems to me you are setting me up for failure... 

If I don't say anything at all about women having lesser rights in Sikhi, it means I resign myself to accepting it.  By not saying anything, nothing will ever be changed for the positive.  

However if I DO say something in hopes of change, I am labeled a feminist, and a man hater and then on anything I say about men is taken as nindiya. When its not! 

So you are in fact trying to encourage just accepting the lower position we have as women and not saying anything about it, because if I do I will be labelled as doing nindiya.  It seems quite unfair  doesn't it? And set up for males to always win.  If I say anything I am labelled as doing nindiya and if I dont say anything people will think I approve of myself being lower than males.  It's a no win situation.  

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

@BhagatSingh    But how do you take this in a real life work scenario .  How do you handle an angry supervisor or a colleague who tries to put you down for any reason. In that scenario, a little resilience is needed. How do you keep your thoughts Nirvair when you are angry at them. And keeping quiet is not an option since you might be seen as weak or doormat.

That's will be hard, even for me. You gotta lift smaller weights first.

Yea you can't keep quiet. You will have to respond to them but you have you have to respond from a pure being. Speak from a place of sharing. You are sharing who you are with them.

How to purify the being?

Do lots of meditation because meditation will purify that being.

For example -
When we become angry, we often feel anger in a really messed up way. We feel a whole bunch of emotions alongside anger, so our anger becomes cluttered. And we try to resist the anger or deny the anger as well. There is no space in the body to store the anger, thus the body becomes uncomfortable.

Basically there's a bunch of crap alongside our anger.

I have noticed that sometimes when I become angry, and someone says "you are angry. why are you angry?"
I deny it. I say "I am not angry, it's that you are being annoying", or this or that. Sometimes when I am angry I think a whole bunch of other shit to fuel the anger. There is a lot of accusatory language to try to blame the anger on the other person.

All of this clutters the anger and takes away the purity of being.

Instead of denying anger, be anger. "I am angry right now." Be only anger and nothing else. Do not think other thoughts to fuel anger, just feel anger. And learn to be purely angry.

This is a pure state of being.

@CdnSikhGirl

No that's not it. :(

18 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Also it seems to me you are setting me up for failure... 

Imagine a giant cube. You are standing straight on one face, as you stand straight on earth. The gravity in that cube pulls and keeps you held to that face.

07-cube.jpg

So when I say to you to move to a different face of the cube, from where you are standing, you think think you will fall off the edge. You think if you try to stand on a different face of the cube, you will fail to stand.

However that's not the case, because I can walk to different faces of the cube, no problem.

Sorry that's not much help. But that's all I can say for now. I will explain the rest to you some other time.

In the meanwhile, try to purify your being by letting go of all beliefs, in the meditations that you do. Unload them all like a bag-pack.

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Women are part of Manukhi jaati, but they are not Manukhs.

Similarly, women are part of mankind, but are not men.

Gurparsaad, Daas will make a separate topic on this issue.

Bhul chuk maaf

Paapiman ji if your mom is not manukh, how can you be a manukh? 

Manukh is a human being. 

We are not men and I am so grateful for that but how re we not manukh( human beings)? 

1 minute ago, BhagatSingh said:

Manukh means man.

Woman is womb-man, is man with womb.

Manukh means human beings, I have heard many times manukh jaat buri. 

Nice one  though but I am sure when we say manukh, we don't use man from English since Sanskrit people were not taken over by British that time lol 

30 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Manukh means human beings, I have heard many times manukh jaat buri. 

Nice one  though but I am sure when we say manukh, we don't use man from English since Sanskrit people were not taken over by British that time lol 

A lot of English comes from Sanskrit. There was a certain lady who was laying it into Dasam Granth, and she said, it has English words so it cannot be written in 1600s.

She didn't know English words came from Sanskrit and the writers of Dasam Granth were writing Sanskrit words.

E.g. - Mother, material, measure, "mother nature"  come from the sanskrit  Matr ਮਾਤ੍ਰ - also Ma, Maya
That's why in Gurbani Maya is called our mother, and Hari, our father.

Manukhi jaat means mankind. human also means man. Humankind - manukhi jaat

It's like what Paapiman said -

Women are part of Manukhi jaati, but they are not Manukhs.

Similarly, women are part of mankind, but are not men.

Forget definitions.

All he is really saying is that women are not men. That's it.

36 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Paapiman ji if your mom is not manukh, how can you be a manukh? 

His mom was not a man. ;)

It's the broad use of man vs a narrow use of man. The broad use of man also includes womb-man. But the narrow use of man, includes only those that don't have womb.

"Practice makes the man perfect"

Is this broad use of man or narrow use of man?

3 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

A lot of English comes from Sanskrit. There were certain lady who was laying it into Dasam Granth, and she said, it has English words so it cannot be written in 1600s.

She didn't know English words came from Sanskrit and the writers of Dasam Granth were writing Sanskrit words.

E.g. - Mother, material, measure, "mother nature"  come from the sanskrit  Matr ਮਾਤ੍ਰ - also Ma, Maya
That's why in Gurbani Maya is called our mother, and Hari, our father.

Manukhi jaat means mankind. human also means man. Humankind - manukhi jaat

It's like what Paapiman said -

Forget definitions.

All he is really saying is that women are not men. That's it.

His mom was not a man. ;)

It's the broad use of man vs a narrow use of man. The broad use of man also includes womb-man. But the narrow use of man, includes only those that don't have womb.

"Practice makes the man perfect"

Is this broad use of man or narrow use of man?

Narrow lol but I don't think paapiman ji meant that way but if that's the way then I am okay, actually more than okay since I don't like being a man. It's no fun lol 

10 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Narrow lol but I don't think paapiman ji meant that way but if that's the way then I am okay, actually more than okay since I don't like being a man. It's no fun lol 

Narrow? Practice doesn't make women perfect? I am sure it does ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Paapiman is explaining the difference between broad an narrow use of the word 'man' or 'manukh'.

4 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

so my name can get registered under manukh now :)

Done.

Welcome to the not-so-fun world.

Take the below quote & replace the word man with woman and then share it on twitter etc.  Have fun!   /s

Bruce-Lee-Quotes-A-wise-man-can-learn-mo

People will accuse you of being sexist lol

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

Take the below quote & replace the word man with woman and then share it on twitter etc.  Have fun!   /s

Bruce-Lee-Quotes-A-wise-man-can-learn-mo

People will accuse you of being sexist lol

Yea they will lol