Discussion on Bullying, Nindya & How to handle Nindya like Bhagat Kabir Ji.

Rock

Am I just alone or do others also feel that there is bullying when some-one disagrees with you ? Its not like it matters but just wondering.

edit:  Question has been answered and no longer relevant to me.

The site goes through trends....

A while back there was a lot of Hindu fanatics going off about Khalistan and what not....

Present day, It is Men vs. Women.... 

Don't get lost in the little bits and arguing.... 

The website is a wonderful resource for many things... Explore the other sections... Gurbani Gurmat.. Sikh Sampardaaye 

Don't worry,  the hindu born fanatics are still continuing with their efforts to sabotage this forum.  Then there are those that come from hindu punjabi backgrounds, who follow both the Sikh religion one minute and the Hindu the next, depending on the seasons of the year, their moods and the state of their minds.  These people are also fully bent to cause disruption by behaving like tyrants if anyone disagrees with their views and their particular brand of Sikhism.  Then we have the  amritdaries and the non-amritdaries,  the racists, the homophobics, the disabled, the atheists, the castetists, the sexists, the anti cosmetic surgery, the naturalists,  the multi-culturalists, the anti multi-culturalists, the supporters of political correctness, the opposers of political correctness, the swingers, the flower power potty people, the zombies, the disembodied souls, the ghosts, the everyday viruses, the common cold bacteria, the fat and the skinnies, the alcoholics and the non -alcoholics and many more that behave like oppressors if anyone dares to disagree with them on here.

I tried to disagree with someone on this forum and I was also bullied, so, you are not alone.  Have faith, things are bound to change .  Don't leave stay.

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Then we have the  amritdaries and the non-amritdaries,  the racists, the homophobics, the disabled, the atheists, the castetists, the sexists, the anti cosmetic surgery, the naturalists,  the multi-culturalists, the anti multi-culturalists, the supporters of political correctness, the opposers of political correctness, the swingers, the flower power potty people, the zombies, the disembodied souls, the ghosts, the everyday viruses, the common cold bacteria, the fat and the skinnies, the alcoholics and the non -alcoholics and many more that behave like oppressors if anyone dares to disagree with them on here.

Guest jee - You forgot one of the worst types, Anti-SDGSJ (Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee), who are heretics. Some are in Sikhi form - Malech Khalsa.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, Rock said:

Am I just alone or do others also feel that there is bullying when some-one disagrees with you ? Its not like it matters but just wondering.

Bro, if one feels that someone is bullying him/her or if one finds someone really annoying, then the block feature can be used.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Guest jee - You forgot one of the worst types, Anti-SDGSJ (Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee), who are heretics. Some are in Sikhi form - Malech Khalsa.

Bhul chuk maaf

Perfect example of bullying ^^^ hahaha

He walked right into that one not realizing that calling someone who disagrees with him a 'heretic' IS bullying LOL 

Guest guest
14 hours ago, Rock said:

Its not like it matters but just wondering.

It does matter on some levels:

1. people shouldn't be going away form here feeling bad, 

2. the discussions here should follow the spirit/ethics of sikhs- e.g. always speak sweetly, don't insult anyone, don't hurt anyones feelings, don't type in anger

Some people pointed out that my posts were mean, I was actually surprised (seriously hadn't occurred to me) and so from then on have tried to improve.  I suppose I was forgetting the human element and just concentrating on my own reactions to what I read.

Guest guest
10 hours ago, Harjots8963 said:

Don't get lost in the little bits and arguing.... 

yes just concentrate on what is good /useful to you and ignore the rest, thats a good approach

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

actually heretic was correct word for what he meant and not an insult in this context:

"heretic definition. One who challenges the doctrines of an established church."

-anti Dasam Granth stance is heretical by todays standards.  I don't think his post was bullying in anyway.

That depends on which side of the fence you stand. From the point of those who think parts of DG were adulterated, it's heretical to think that someone could pass off false writings as the works of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Anyway not to start that discussion in here.  But I wish we could have these discussions without people resorting to calling others words like nindak or heretic just because they believe differently (regardless of which side of the argument you lie on).  

18 hours ago, Rock said:

It's not just the disagreements that can lead to "bullying". It's also the outright lies, putting words in people's mouths, making outrageous statements, and spreading malicious untruths to further one's own agenda. IMO any defence against those is not bullying, but even if others were to see it that way, it would still be justified.

2 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

That depends on which side of the fence you stand. From the point of those who think parts of DG were adulterated, it's heretical to think that someone could pass off false writings as the works of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Anyway not to start that discussion in here.  But I wish we could have these discussions without people resorting to calling others words like nindak or heretic just because they believe differently (regardless of which side of the argument you lie on).  

There is NO fence. There was never a fence for the last 200 years and there isn't one now. But some Guru nindaks have built a fence on the their own lack of intelligence and insecurity. And if others climb on this fence they are Guru nindaks as well. If they spread vile untruths on their fb page they are the vilest of nindaks.

9 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, if one feels that someone is bullying him/her or if one finds someone really annoying, then the block feature can be used.

Bhul chuk maaf

There is no block feature, it's only ignore one and it's still not working, I can still see ignored people and they can see my account. 

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

Bhagat Singh Ji to be fair paapiman did in fact say that women are not fully human, have lower status than men, and that menstruation makes them disgusting (did you see the comment he made on the photo of that statue covered in blood that someone posted recently?) He also said he never plans to get married. 

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

It's not just the disagreements that can lead to "bullying". It's also the outright lies, putting words in people's mouths, making outrageous statements, and spreading malicious untruths to further one's own agenda. IMO any defence against those is not bullying, but even if others were to see it that way, it would still be justified.

There is NO fence. There was never a fence for the last 200 years and there isn't one now. But some Guru nindaks have built a fence on the their own lack of intelligence and insecurity. And if others climb on this fence they are Guru nindaks as well. If they spread vile untruths on their fb page they are the vilest of nindaks.

Speak for yourself as there is a growing number of Sikhs who are realizing that certain parts of dasam Granth may not be purely authentic. And it's good to question things so we don't become sheep. If you have proof that 100% is authentic then share it lovingly and not call people nindak it won't help anyone. 

Also sending people PMs trying to get them to leave the forum is one of the worst cases of bullying ever on here because it was direct harassment. so dont try and act like an angel. And the more you try to say she was lying the more it's making you look like a bully. 

40 minutes ago, Guest said:

Bhagat Singh Ji to be fair paapiman did in fact say

Well look at the thread from which I quoted that.

If someone has a problem with what another member has said, then they should make a new thread, instead of bullying them on every random thread.

4 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

If someone has a problem with what another member has said, then they should make a new thread, instead of bullying them on every random thread.

Like chatanga does to Satkirin? 

33 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

I was merely poking fun because just before that in the same thread, he commented on that photo Gunahgar posted where blood was covering the idol from top to bottom.  Paapiman made a comment that anyone thinking women can do seva while menstruating should  have no problem with that image. He also stated that women doing seva during that time is an 'utterly disgusting act'.  First of all, he somehow links that idol covered in blood to actual menstruation which is nothing like that, and then actually says its disgusting (because othwerise why would he think it would be a disgusting act for someone to do seva during that time?)  So my comment was in reference to that, which occurred in the same thread.  He has already stated that he will never get married.  So I wasn't bullying him, I was replying to someone else who asked about him getting married... I was simply stating that he won't ever get married and here is an example why.  There was no malice meant at all. If you ask him he will proudly exclaim that fact along with how disgusting he thinks we are (due to our biology), and he has openly in many many threads commented how women are lower than men, how men deserve more respect than women, and yes he even in one thread said we were not fully human (it was that thread where he said something about women not being manuki deh not sure if I spelled that correctly).  Then he proudly exclaims any time that someone says males and females are equal in Sikhi, that Sikhi gives 'optimum' rights to both... he will never use equality.  Because he does not believe in equality. Optimum rights to him, are less rights for us and more rights for men. I was merely stating through real examples why he will never be married (which he has already said).  So I was not trying to bully anyone. 

11 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

I guess you saw it when it was him going after her. And I saw it when it was her going after him.

lol

I have never gone after him! Ever! The only thing i have ever done was posted the PMs he sent me trying to get me to leave the forum! If you think that is me going after him, then you have a seriously skewed view....  That's what started him off at me!  His big issue? I worded it that he told me to please leave the forum... instead of can you please leave the forum. As if that made it any better.  Other than showing others what he did, I never went after him at all.  I did used to respond to his posts every time he would bring it up to defend myself though. But I now have him blocked. 

This is what I posted. Because I showed everyone this. This PM arrived in my inbox, from a complete stranger. Nice huh?? This is why is so pissed off at me. Because I dared tell the forum about it. 

000.png

I told you before and I will say it again.

You can only control your own behaviour.

You and I have a dissenting view on this forum so we need to be very aware of our behaviour or it will be used to dismiss what we are saying.

And

I also told you before that pointing out someone's Awgun, bad qualities, is Nindya.
ਨਿੰਦਿਆ
ਔਗੁਣ ਕਢਣ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਿਆ।
ਦੋਸ਼ ਕਢਣ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਿਆ
To point out bad qualities.

if you call a blind person, blind, you are doing nindya.

"I was merely poking fun"
No
Either you don't know how to poke fun or you are lying here. No one saw it as a joke or as a "fun" comment, it was bitter nindya/bullying and you know it.

or at least you should, by this point.

39 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

I told you before and I will say it again.

You can only control your own behaviour.

You and I have a dissenting view on this forum so we need to be very aware of our behaviour or it will be used to dismiss what we are saying.

And

I also told you before that pointing out someone's Awgun, bad qualities, is Nindya.
ਨਿੰਦਿਆ
ਔਗੁਣ ਕਢਣ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਿਆ।
ਦੋਸ਼ ਕਢਣ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਿਆ
To point out bad qualities.

if you call a blind person, blind, you are doing nindya.

"I was merely poking fun"
No
Either you don't know how to poke fun or you are lying here. No one saw it as a joke or as a "fun" comment, it was bitter nindya/bullying and you know it.

or at least you should, by this point.

No different than paapiman calling women "utterly disgusting" for doing seva while menstruating then. That too in nindya is it not? Its pointing out something he thinks is a bad quality.  

And really we can't go through our entire lives completely avoiding saying anything to anyone for fear of them seeing it as such!  You are no different!

You have called me a feminist.  You consider feminism as a bad quality.  You have done nindiya to me.  
You have said I can't possibly do the one thing my husband *needs* which is to obey him. You think my disobedience is a bad quality. You have done nindiya of me.  (whether or not we agree on whether women are in a position where we have to obey men or not). The fact that you see me being disobedient as a bad quality and pointing it out and calling me feminist is nindiya.

Paapiman not wanting to be married whatever his reasons, are not a bad quality. They are just a quality.  Its an observation.  
Same as Gurpreet making fun saying that women should be at home caring for men like babies because they cant take care of themselves... we all knew it was in joking sarcastic way, but if you go by your above, she was doing nindiya of men. 

Everyone on here who says women lack spiritually, or need to obey men, or don't deserve equal opportunity in Sikhi, should not be allowed to do all seva, are dirty or impure during menstruation, are all doing nindiya of women. 

If we go by what you wrote, nobody on here has been subject to more bullying or nindiya than I have! Not a single person has been subject to anywhere NEAR what I have endured! 

I have been called transexual, ugly, fat, confused, 'thing' only recently because I tie a turban.  I have been called a liar, deceitful, vulgar and a bunch of other names by chatanga because I showed the forum his PM, I have been called nindak, guru nindak, and worse for asking questions about charitropakhyan, I have been called feminist, man hater, etc. (including by you) because I believe Gurbani and our Gurus taught equality between all humans including gender. I could go on and probably fill a page with the horrific things I have been called!  ....And you are worried about one comment where I said paapiman doesnt want to be married because of his views of women... which is not even a negative comment.  

Really...  I guess its ok if the nindiya is AGAINST me though right?  You have NEVER once spoke up against ANY of the above when it was against me.

Or let me guess by pointing out that you never say anything when it's against me I am doing you nindiya now....