Koh-i-noor diamond given to Britain, says Indian government

dalsingh101

A lot of misinformation in this article....

Long the subject of a historical ownership dispute that has seen the gem being claimed by at least four countries, Kumar said that stone was given to Britain in the 19th century by an Indian maharajah, Ranjit Singh. 

Anita Anand

Read more

Kumar told the supreme court on Monday: “It was given voluntarily by Ranjit Singh to the British as compensation for help in the Sikh wars. The Koh-i-noor is not a stolen object.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/18/koh-i-noor-diamond-given-britain-indian-government-crown-queen-mother

I like how they sat that if they let the kohinoor go then the British museum would be empty. Well...stop stealing you thieving buggers and get your own treasure! The British museum is nothing but a monument to their historical thievery. Bloody chor. Give back the stuff you stole from everyone.

2 hours ago, Koi said:

I like how they sat that if they let the kohinoor go then the British museum would be empty. Well...stop stealing you thieving buggers and get your own treasure! The British museum is nothing but a monument to their historical thievery. Bloody chor. Give back the stuff you stole from everyone.

These mfs are proud of it! 

I've even heard teachers who were professed lefty 'liberals' excitedly talk about how they 'robbed the place blind'. 

I heard the darbar stopped the kohinoor going to Jaganaath after Ranjit's death.