Preparing for Zen

gavenv

Have a good laugh at yourself first and few large masu (s) of Sake!!!! Kowtow to the Buddha as low as your back allows. I prefer to prostrate flat on the floor and ask for forgiveness and mercy! Do some Sumo manouvers, intimidate the Zen Master with your Samurai sword a few times so he won't strike you with his stick, when he catches you dozing off while meditationing, Zen style! Take along with you the most absurd koans to test your Zen Master's knowledge, test him.  Irritate him as much as you can with persistent questioning.  Find ways to be as difficult as possible so you get thrown out of the Zen meditation group or even the community! Roll out your Sushi mat and roll some Sushi.  Don't forget to share it with your fellow Zen meditationers!  I don't know what do you to prepare  for Zen sitting!  Why don't you enlighten us elusive, enlightened gavenv?

It may sound funny to some but this is a very good question by gavenu and answered by sachitanad108. Doing nothing in the meditation IS the most complex/hard task in this world. Try to sit for 5 minutes as per Zen (or any other meditation) but make sure your mind does NOTHING (no thoughts, no thinking, no dreams etc.) and then see it your yourself that "doing nothing is the hardest thing in this world".

Guest Timothy
22 hours ago, Shu Shu said:

Have a good laugh at yourself first and few large masu (s) of Sake!!!! Kowtow to the Buddha as low as your back allows. I prefer to prostrate flat on the floor and ask for forgiveness and mercy! Do some Sumo manouvers, intimidate the Zen Master with your Samurai sword a few times so he won't strike you with his stick, when he catches you dozing off while meditationing, Zen style! Take along with you the most absurd koans to test your Zen Master's knowledge, test him.  Irritate him as much as you can with persistent questioning.  Find ways to be as difficult as possible so you get thrown out of the Zen meditation group or even the community! Roll out your Sushi mat and roll some Sushi.  Don't forget to share it with your fellow Zen meditationers!  I don't know what do you to prepare  for Zen sitting!  Why don't you enlighten us elusive, enlightened gavenv?

This is how I became a Zen Master.  

On 3 May 2016 at 1:00 AM, gavenv said:

What do you do to prepare for sitting Zen?

If you are planning on sitting for a long time then make sure you do some knee exercises just to loosen up those creaky joints! Don't forget to include your hips because even they can start to  grate (joints)  if they are too tight and stiff!  Yoga is best!