Sri Charitropakhian Sahib jee Series - Charitar #17

paapiman

Warning: Sexually explicit material below. Daas will kindly request sangat, below the age of 25 or people who are greatly affected by Lust, to stay away from this discussion.

Please forgive me for being explicit.

Request to Mods/Admins:

- Please do not allow Guest posts in this topic
- Please do not tolerate any insults of Gurbani
- Please do delete any off-topic posts

Bhul chuk maaf

The following real incident is a bit related to this Charitar:

A Winnipeg judge, her lawyer husband and a prestigious law firm are being sued for a total of $67 million by a man who claims he was harassed and suffered emotional distress when he was pressured to have sex with the lawyer's wife.

Unquote[1]

[1] - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-judge-husband-law-firm-face-lawsuits-1.945740

Bhul chuk maaf

This is a little more difficult story to decipher. I have refered to the version by Gyani Narain Singh to help me look at the text, as some of the translations (again) are not as good or detailed.

From this sakhi I can see that ir features two women were both capable of decieving their men. To them it was a game, a sport between them with no consideration for the men or their love. This is a reflection of the Queen's conduct with the King, and the wise Minister is telling the King as such. He has revealed a longer story with more characters (possibly to avoid the King getting suspicious) and ends with the essence of the story and the issue in the King's Court. The Wise Minister (Atma) tells the King (mann) that the "wise men should not entangle themselves in love with young women". This is a dig at the King, because he is a King, that he should be wiser and not place his feelings for the young Queen higher than his sense of the duties of a King. The Queen is playing a game just like the 2 women in the story.

• 2 weeks later...

@paapiman I wanted to add to this topic, for those of you who have seen the video of Gurpreet Singh posted in the topic "An introduction to Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib", Gurpreet Singh says that to do katha of Sri Charitropakhyan Granth, it takes about 2 years to do. Looking at the progress we have made since starting this project it is understandable.

Paapiman have you and other run out of steam looking at the Charitars? If so, let's try and set a more reasonable rate of progress of 1 charitar a month or something?

• 1 year later...